Things are not all roses and sunlight as far as Tesla goes. For one thing, Tesla is literally on the verge of destroying the entire automobile industry as we know it. Gas prices could plummet and oil companies could be severely damaged. We could lose our important reasons for invading Mideast. Speed and performance could be taken for granted. Worse yet, we might all have to learn how to live with clean air.
But for individual owners, thing are even worse. There are at least ten down-sides that Tesla fails to warn consumers about:
1. Some people miss the smell of gasoline on their hands and clothing.
2. Tesla owners are forced to find new ways to spend their gas money.
3. Trips seem disappointingly short, because the car is simply too much fun to drive.
4. Tesla owners are forced to give up those peaceful moments meditating at the gas pump on cold winter nights while filling their tanks.
5. Tesla owners can't show off what they have under the hood (unless they have something really interesting in the frunk).
6. Tesla owners leave a trail of disappointment wherever they go, because when they drive by, people no longer take pride in their own cars.
7. It is impossible to commit suicide by leaving a Tesla running in a closed garage.
8. When you punch the accelerator on a Tesla, you can hurt your neck.
9. When driving a Tesla, people you've never met smile and wave, forcing you to question whether you are becoming senile, wondering how you know them.
10. Constantly having to answer the question, "What's it like to own a Tesla?"
If Tesla were more forthright, the company would warn potential owners that their lives are going to be permanently changed if they buy this car, as they will be distracted throughout the day, thinking about their car, constantly conniving reasons to drive places when they should be working. They will never again dream of a Ferrari or a Porsche. They will never hear the gratifying roar of their own exhaust pipes.