Forums

Will Tesla go broke?

Will Tesla go broke?

I love my 2017 100D, I would like to get one for my wife, she thinks Tesla will not survive. How many years will they go without going into bankruptcy?

Bighorn | 3 maj 2018

You married her for her looks?

Bill_75D | 3 maj 2018

Auto manufacturers going bankrupt doesn't equal going out of business.

lilbean | 3 maj 2018

Lol, Bighorn.

hoffmannjames | 3 maj 2018

Tesla will not go bankrupt because as Model 3 production continues to ramp up, they will reach profitability. Probably by the end of this year, Tesla will turn a profit.

Mathew98 | 3 maj 2018

Wow, @Bighorn, have you been hanging out with daHump???

KevinR.co.us | 3 maj 2018

@Bighorn Best laugh I've had all day.

GHammer | 3 maj 2018

Thanks BH, I needed that.

Tesla-David | 3 maj 2018

Tesla going broke not likely. Tesla expected to be profitable by 3rd/4th quarter 2018. This utube linked summary of earnings call yesterday by Galleo Russell who was invited onto the call and asked questions is fascinating and very positive news IMHO.
https://evannex.com/blogs/news/opinion-tesla-beats-expectations-wall-str...

minervo.florida | 3 maj 2018

Elon is ALL about growth, so much to come. Money will always be an issue, new cars, more giga factories, more Super chargers, largest R&D, etc.

In 15 years Tesla will be one of the largest corporations in the US.

Tesla-David | 3 maj 2018
Tropopause | 3 maj 2018

Bighorn's answer was all this thread needed.

TeslaTap.com | 3 maj 2018

Well, since no one answered the OP, I'd guess about 100 years before they go bankrupt, like GM and Chrysler. At that point Elon's life extension technology may run out and/or he may elect to finally retire. Also there is risk in the 2100s of the Star Trek type transporter finally becomes available and kills the sales of Tesla's hovercars and electric jets.

NOLEK SUM | 3 maj 2018

The only thing I know that anyone who believes any projection Elon Musk makes is out of their mind. The only thing he can do consistently is predict wrongly. No one except the smitten fanbois believe a word he says.

SamO | 3 maj 2018

He said he’d produce the best sedan ever made. Check.

He said he’d produce the best SUV ever made. Check.

He said he’d produce a sedan for mass-market. Check.

Biggest battery in the world. Check.

Biggest battery factory in the world. Check.

Pffff. Too easy.

Chunky Jr. | 3 maj 2018

I highly recommend this video : Why Isn't Tesla Broke?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHS0H5AwGjU

Anthony J. Parisio | 4 maj 2018

Chunky Jr. + 1
Excellent video! If you don't get it after the video DO NOT INVEST EVER! Many people want Tesla to fail because it threatens their existing income. That is why there is so much doubt thrown their way.

barrykmd | 4 maj 2018

The voice in that video sounds like Dinesh from Silicon Valley.

loc_nguyen | 4 maj 2018

Short sellers are desperate to make Tesla seems like it’s failing to sell their shorts. With Tesla fast approaching their goal of M3 production and seeing the sales numbers about to beat major automakers, it’s like a fast approaching fire that is coming to their shorts and make them worthless.

Bottom line is Tesla still has a lot of cash to burn and their cars are the most desirable electric cars on the market by far. Demands are high. Short demands are about to hit bottom once Tesla turns profit; which Tesla is well on their way. Tesla is the wrecking train that about to ruin a lot short seller lives

SamO | 4 maj 2018

Short burn of the century coming soon. -Elon Musk May 4, 2018

Mike83 | 4 maj 2018

Shorts need something like $12 BILLION to cover. Hope they have it soon or bankruptcy is in the cards. They try like hell getting slimeballs to defame the company. They should be sued IMHO.

SamO | 4 maj 2018

Chanos bankrupt before Tesla. Guaranteed.

#BurnShortsBurn

dsopocy | 4 maj 2018

Read Elon's Twitter thread (multiple messages) explaining why he cut off questions from 2 analysts during the conference call: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/992362594961780742?s=20

He's also promising a creative "burn" aimed at the Shorts: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/992388944774938626?s=20

Mike83 | 4 maj 2018

The shorts asked for it and they will get it.

SamO | 4 maj 2018

You predicted it @Mike83 . . . and now Elon is predicting a bonfire of shorts.

Glad I've been backing up the truck for 6 years. ;-)

PatientFool | 4 maj 2018

I'm sure that i'm preaching to the choir here but i'll bet my money on the guy who risks his own money on these endeavors, is landing rockets on ships and sleeping at the factory resolving production issues because they can't yet build the product fast enough to meet demand while being quoted that he'll go down with the ship rather then to see the company fail.

Jazzy B | 4 maj 2018

OMG Bighorn. That was great. My employees are wondering why I am on floor LMAO.

lilbean | 5 maj 2018

Bump for Bighorn

Madatgascar | 5 maj 2018

Why bump this? It’s a boring, bonehead question. Next!!!!

SamO | 5 maj 2018

These questions are so dry. Next. Let's go to youtube.

SUN 2 DRV | 5 maj 2018

OP: Your wife holds an emotional belief. You won't win her over through any combination of logic and facts from the wise folks in this forum. You need to let her hold onto her belief that Tesla may eventually go bankrupt but in the meantime give her an even stronger emotion based reason to WANT a Tesla. Safer for the grandkids?

Or as BH implied, just enjoy her for her looks and let her drive whatever she prefers. :-)

febroker1 | 5 maj 2018

Troll....

Tropopause | 5 maj 2018

Earth calling Ted. Where are you, Ted? Must be too busy with his beautiful wife. Enjoy!