Forums

The soon-to-be-infamous 9/25/2018 Text (delivery PSA)

The soon-to-be-infamous 9/25/2018 Text (delivery PSA)

Hey all! I, like apparently *everyone else*, received a text message on 9/25 at ~11:30pm EST asking if I could take delivery between 9/26 and 9/30.

I spoke with Tesla over the phone and they said that was a text to everyone. Yes. Everyone. Like... **literally*** everyone.

I don't know how true it is, but don't start jumping for joy quite yet. I was told to wait for an IDA to reach out to me...which should be soon. It was framed as if they are attempting to fill as many orders as possible and wanted to only follow the leads of people who could legit take delivery soon.

It was also framed as if it was intended for those who had VIN numbers already. YMMV.

thedrisin | 26 september 2018

"Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week."

I fell for this email. Not even 4/1. Confirmed does not actually mean confirmed in this case. They were just checking.

cmg.shs | 26 september 2018

Apparently everyone but me ;(

FaroutJoe | 26 september 2018

Totally bummed me out... Woke up from a dead sleep! Lost hours of sleep due to this! Also, all the dealers are swamped with calls!

jimglas | 26 september 2018

Good to know
Silver P3D waiting since July
I am in Provence until 10/2 and thought I was screwed

Kathy Applebaum | 26 september 2018

" spoke with Tesla over the phone and they said that was a text to everyone. Yes. Everyone. Like... **literally*** everyone."

I feel left out. I own two Model 3s and didn't get a text. Tesla doesn't love me enough to prank me. *sigh*

Balbanes | 26 september 2018

lol @Kat

RedScooter | 26 september 2018

Apparently, not everyone got it. My delivery is scheduled for this weekend (aka quarter-end craziness) and I didn't get one.

Nemo_00 | 26 september 2018

Not everyone! I didn't get any texts!

Bluminicoop | 26 september 2018

I just got the text here in Boston. Said I couldn't meet them until next week and no response. I assume they are fishing for month-end revenue.

jeepinsnow | 26 september 2018

I did not get anything either. Must be on the list of people with a "do not disturb or deliver car" sign on my account.

Effopec | 26 september 2018

I got it this morning at 9:50 central (I'm in Dallas). I responded that I could do it pending putting the financing together (paying cash, but need to get money from brokerage account transferred to CU acct). It sounds like that will take into next week anyway, so outside of their goals of getting the sale in the quarter.

P85marin | 26 september 2018

I received this by email last night - address came from Tesla domain. Have vin assigned and original confirmed delivery at Fremont Friday 9/28 but several texts offering home delivery have sprouted from different numbers which raises suspicion that it is a generic call out - follow up texts get no reply. Answered this email last night with my reply stating date and time but so far no confirmation and my Tesla acct still says delivery is pickup at Fremont -

Here is email I got last night

Your new Tesla is now ready for delivery! We can drive it to your home, office or any location you would like at any time, day or night. We really do mean any location at any time; for example, an airport, birthday party, sporting event, shopping mall, park or even the beach.

Please let us know when and where you would like us to deliver your car. If you are unable to take delivery of your car in the next few days, that’s no problem. We would be happy to reallocate this VIN to a different customer and manufacture another car for you at a later date. Unfortunately, due to high production volume and limited parking, we cannot store cars for longer than three days.

As a reminder, Tesla financing is so simple and fast that it can done during the car delivery process itself. It comes with a best rate guarantee that is valid for seven days after you receive your car. If you obtain a better interest rate from another institution within seven days, Tesla will credit you the difference.

We are also happy to pick up and take your trade-in vehicle when we deliver your Tesla, or at another time.

Thank you,

June

slingshot18 | 26 september 2018

I got my text about 12:30pm EST for weekend delivery. But unlike most, I got a response after I sent my text back. My IDA followed up confirming everything. Then I also got an email with all the details. But still no vin and no purchase agreement.

Testies | 26 september 2018

Of you live in texas, sorry Charlie, even though you got the text, our process is too complicated and be ain't going to get nothing for the end of quarter party.

gracecli | 26 september 2018

I received the same email from June Kim last night around11:30pm. I called my IDA this morning. He confirmed my deliver date at Fremont Delivery Hub and asked me to ignore all other emails. Then I got a text this afternoon at 4:12 pm asking me text back the time today or tomorrow I would like to take delivery my vehicle. I checked my Tesla account and surprisingly saw my delivery has changed to 9/26 (today) at 11:30pm to my home. I called my IDA right away. He wasn't sure what happened and still trying figuring out. These last minute email and text had caused a lot of unnecessary confusion for both my IDA and me. I wish they would communicate everything through IDA instead of multiple channels.

I received the same email from June Kim last night around11:30pm. I called my IDA this morning. He confirmed my deliver date at Fremont Delivery Hub and asked me to ignore all other emails. Then I got a text this afternoon at 4:12 pm asking me text back the time today or tomorrow I would like to take delivery my vehicle. I checked my Tesla account and surprisingly saw my delivery has changed to 9/26 (today) at 11:30pm to my home. I called my IDA right away. He wasn't sure what happened and still trying figuring out. These last minute email and text had caused a lot of unnecessary confusion for both my IDA and me. I wish they would communicate everything through IDA instead of multiple channels.

LostInTx | 26 september 2018

I picked a bad week to ditch my cell phone.

I received the same email from June Kim last night around11:30pm. I called my IDA this morning. He confirmed my deliver date at Fremont Delivery Hub and asked me to ignore all other emails. Then I got a text this afternoon at 4:12 pm asking me text back the time today or tomorrow I would like to take delivery my vehicle. I checked my Tesla account and surprisingly saw my delivery has changed to 9/26 (today) at 11:30pm to my home. I called my IDA right away. He wasn't sure what happened and still trying figuring out.

billlake2000 | 26 september 2018

I got a text telling me that everyone was getting a P3D but I would still be stuck with my LR RWD.

FaroutJoe | 27 september 2018

Finally got a response yesterday at 2pm EST:

Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery

Doubt my car will materialize this week but you never know... I little warning would be great, like 12-24hrs maybe...

Aaaand I'm picking mine up Saturday! Dreams do come true! Ha!

prkitzerow | 27 september 2018

I got this message, and lo and behold my car is being delivered Saturday 29th! I'm sure it's just a coincidence that 30th is EOQ ;) They are trying to hit a number for the quarter and/or the month, methinks.

Yes, trying to be profitable for once. I'm glad to be a part of their goal! Now, to get my affairs in order...

Treetoe | 27 september 2018

“Hello from the tesla delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26-9/30.”—9/25 11pm est

After responding yes:
Thank you for your quick response! We appreciate you confirming you are available. We will contact you directly once we get a firm date from our logistics team.

Spoke to ISA and she said she had filled out some paperwork to expedite my order (3/31 reservation, 6/28 order, awd silver). Believed it then..not so certain after reading all these posts..will see in 48 hours

New england

whazupman | 27 september 2018

I got the initial text. Then the following day I got the second robo text saying thank you for confirming your availability to take delivery...
Tonight at dinner I got a text from a real person scheduling my 9/29 delivery :)
"This is _____, Your Tesla Delivery Scheduling Advisor. Your Model 3 RN108675661 is ready to be picked up on 9/29/18 at our Alpharetta-Roswell delivery location! What time works best for you? Please feel free to text me back at this number, email me at salesforce-error@tesla.com, or call me at (888) 771-2505 ext 41792 at any time."

I set up delivery time and it shows in my Tesla account.

She followed up with a few more general texts about delivery, location, etc.
"You will be assigned an Advisor here shortly and they will contact you no later than tomorrow to go over all the details even what you need to bring to your appointment."

I think it might actually happen :) I wonder how I'm getting a car with such short notice? Reject, canceled purchase, etc? I wonder if they will tell me?

Balbanes | 28 september 2018

Update:

Tuesday @ 11:30pm
Got the text and responded

Wednesday
Called Tesla, was told to talk to the delivery scheduling department (apparently newly founded?)
Talked to them, no news, told to wait for IDA
received a text confirming they would reach out to me later (same as everyone else)
Called the Orlando svc center, no news nothing they could see on their end

Thursday 9/27
Called main line again. Transferred to delivery team
Delivery team scheduled my delivery for Sat 9/29 @ 2:00pm
Delivery team confirmed there is an unmatched car at my service center matching my description and to wait for the IDA to reach out with the vin for that car
3 hours later -- called the SVC center. No matching vin, no car. Told they'd research and call back
1 hour later - SVC center called and we spoke; they said that the delivery team is matching VINS to customer orders as they're on trucks. He has a hand-written list of people he's checking multiple times per day.
I asked how likely it was that I'd miss my delivery appointment---he said very unlikely.

Note that movement has been made on my delivery because i've reached out. My recommendation is to not sit on your laurels and wait for them.

njjkrubi | 28 september 2018

I had a pickup date of 9/14...received a call at 7pm on 9/13 saying my car was 2 weeks out! I told them I had shipped my other car home and needed wheels to hold me over. They gave me a rental for 2 weeks....unreal they didn't know the car was not in FL 10 hours before I was going to pick it up...finally picked up yesterday!!! Love it so far....Enhanced Autopilot not working....I was just told it takes about 500 miles of driving before it enables itself...crazy we were not told that.

andrei34 | 28 september 2018

Received email today after "infamos text"

It has been a pleasure working with you and congratulations on scheduling the delivery of your new Tesla vehicle! Please review the following appointment details:

Your Model 3 will be delivered at our NA-US-NY-Westchester-Mt Kisco located here:

115 Kisco Avenue
Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

Your confirmed appointment time is 09/30 @ 10:00AM

As the day approaches one of our experienced delivery team members will be reaching out to help finalize your delivery preparations.

In the meantime, please log into your Tesla account and begin filling out any unfinished portions of your delivery profile. Also, I would highly recommend watching our Model 3 videos, which can help give you a head start on learning everything you’ve ever wanted to know about your new Tesla.

Thank you so much for your time today and welcome to the Tesla family!

Best,

Demetio Peters | Delivery Scheduling Team

6611 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89119

p. (888) 771-2505 ext 41794 | dpeters@tesla.com

Called NA-US-NY-Westchester-Mt Kisco , they laughed at me. VIN not assigned - no delivery.
Called Tesla guy from e-mail. He is nowhere to be found. Another rep told me the email is legit, Telsa is working round the clock to find em a car. I have Model 3 black Dual motor All wheel Drive.
We shall see....

jrga1996 | 28 september 2018

I was scheduled for the 19th and got a call on the 18th that they "lost my car". Got the text on the 25th "Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week." Are you available to take delivery between 9/26-9/30? I respond "sure" I get the We will reach out to you to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery. :) So as of today no word. I called and I was told yes the text came from Tesla it was just to see if you were ready if they could find a car to match your order. I said....that is NOT what the text said it says "Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week." BIG DIFFERENCE the text should have said We are trying to deliver as many cars as possible this week and would like to know IF we can find a car that matches your order are you available to take delivery? IF I have received this text I would have still answered "sure" but it would have seemed a bit more professional then telling me that had confirmed they had my car and now I believe that is Not the case......Oh well.....

jrga1996 | 28 september 2018

I was scheduled for the 19th and got a call on the 18th that they "lost my car". Got the text on the 25th "Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week." Are you available to take delivery between 9/26-9/30? I respond "sure" I get the We will reach out to you to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery. :) So as of today no word. I called and I was told yes the text came from Tesla it was just to see if you were ready if they could find a car to match your order. I said....that is NOT what the text said it says "Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week." BIG DIFFERENCE the text should have said We are trying to deliver as many cars as possible this week and would like to know IF we can find a car that matches your order are you available to take delivery? IF I have received this text I would have still answered "sure" but it would have seemed a bit more professional then telling me that had confirmed they had my car and now I believe that is Not the case......Oh well.....

FaroutJoe | 29 september 2018

Yeah, my delivery was cancelled for today at 11pm last night... We'll see what happens next week. If breath were held, I'd likely die.

Please don't get me wrong, I really want my car and was hoping to push Tesla toward profitability this quarter.

bj | 30 september 2018

@Balbanes - “I spoke with Tesla over the phone and they said that was a text to everyone. Yes. Everyone. Like... **literally*** everyone.”

No they didn’t. No-one outside of the USA/Canada received such a text message. Therefore, not “everyone”. Not remotely close to “everyone”. About half the reservation book for Model 3 is outside USA.

Balbanes | 30 september 2018

@bj

Well yeah, that's obvious now. Also, was reporting what they told me, so not my words.

As an update: had delivery scheduled for 2pm 9/29 no VIN. Delivery was cancelled. No car. Still waiting.

av | 30 september 2018

I got that text on 9/24 from a 781 area code.
This person claimed to be a Tesla Delivery Scheduler.
The text contained my reservation # & said they could deliver (to the house) on the 28th.
I was given 2 time frame options, 2-4PM or 4-6PM.

Despite the fact that I did not respond to the text till Thurs 9/27...
There were a bunch of texts back & forth on Thurs & Fri
Car was delivered on Sat 9/29 at approx 3:00PM PST.