Forums

Head rest on seats

Head rest on seats

I wish the head rest is little bigger / fatter or it can actually move fwd and back and not just up and down..

i feel like i have to push my head back to rest on it, but the posture is not comfortable i tried many different settings and not happy to get a good posture on an expensive car..

many cars like have fat cushion head that can move fwd and help connect ur head so make u more comfortable and keep your neck and shoulder in a right posture and comfortable position

hope tesla can fix this

COrich | 19 december 2018

The "head rest" is not there to rest your head. It is there to help prevent serious head/neck injury in a collision. The angle and position of the "head rest" is determined with that criteria in mind.

T35LAX | 19 december 2018

Head rest is not only to help prevent serious head/neck injury in a collision. Head rest is there to "rest" your head too. I used to drive 1200 km (12 to 14 hours) twice a week and "resting" head helps me a lot.

COrich | 20 december 2018

T35LAX: You can certainly use it that way, but the postion is picked primarily for injury mitigation, not relaxation.

T35LAX | 21 december 2018

Just saying - it is not ONLY to prevent head/neck injury in a collision.

nucleussingh1814 | 16 februar 2019

Tesla like have fat cushion head that can move fwd and help connect ur head so make u more comfortable and keep your neck and shoulder in a right posture and comfortable position.
Thanks
https://www.tutuapppro.com/

mbp11 | 17 februar 2019

There is a new product out for the Tesla headrests that might make the headrests more comfortable. They are expensive but there is a product discount in this article. The headrest attachments come in the same seat colors as the Tesla seats and just might give you what you need.

https://electrek.co/2019/02/16/tesla-custom-headrest/

I don't think I am that interested in them, though

Mike P

inconel | 17 februar 2019

The vast majority of comments in the article mention the potential for injuries with such headrest in rear end collisions.

lilbean | 17 februar 2019

Wow, those are hideous!

At the bottom of article: "Full disclosure: we are getting a small affiliate fee with each order."
There you go. Always follow the money.

jjgunn | 17 februar 2019

I tilt the seat back slightly & position headrest accordingly.very comfy.

You could always order a My Pillow from Mike Lindell to help your comfort level.

mbp11 | 17 februar 2019

Thanks, lilbean, I missed that little detail!

lilbean | 17 februar 2019

@mbp11 Thank you for the info.

Triggerplz | 18 februar 2019

It looks like herpes