Forums

Selling 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S

Selling 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S

Hi,

I have 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S, these are part of Tesla referral program.

How it works:-

I can schedule a service appointment near your location, you have to go and get the wheels install. Service center will install the brand new Wheels for you and they come with brand new tires. There is no cost for installation and you can keep your old wheels and tires.

Price for 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S is $4.5K and $1.2K for tires and $200 for installation, so total market cost is $5.9K + Tax.

I want to sell these for $5K OBO. If interested, please reach out to me at kush.kothari (at) gmail.com

Thanks,
-Kush

MJP.75D | 4 januar 2019

FYI Based on recent sales, your asking price seems to be strong by 1.8-2x; going price for this setup seems to be in the $2500-3000 range.

ST70 | 4 januar 2019

I thought it's only the rims not the tires? What tires?

Silver2K | 4 januar 2019

Michelin Pilot super sport are pre installed on the rims, ST.

MJP, the going price is 3500-4k on eBay play shipping costs. I sold my set for around that amount. The 2500 number is for the turbine rims in new condition with tires and sensors

EVRider | 5 januar 2019

A question for those of you who are selling or sold the arachnid wheels award: why did you decide to sell them rather than use them yourself? I’ll be getting these wheels at some point, and I plan to install them. I know some people don’t like the larger wheels for various reasons, and I was just curious why you didn’t use them.

MJP.75D | 5 januar 2019

@SILVER — thanks; I have a set to sell and will raise my expectations.

@EV — I prefer the ride, tire option/durability, deeper sidewall (better for our lovely Chicago roads) and tread life that 20s offer in lieu of the 21s. There’s no doubt, however, that the Arachnids are a beautiful wheel and look stunning on the Model S. In my case, however, the first set will be “free” but I’m sure I’d end up buying multiple tires and the occasional wheel as a result of our heaved and pothole filled roads.

Silver2K | 5 januar 2019

EVRider | January 5, 2019
A question for those of you who are selling or sold the arachnid wheels award: why did you decide to sell them rather than use them yourself? I’ll be getting these wheels at some point, and I plan to install them. I know some people don’t like the larger wheels for various reasons, and I was just curious why you didn’t use them.
------

I drive alot and the 21s wear in 12k miles normally. I even sold my turbines. If I trade my car in I will have to rebuy the turns or take a 6k hot. I do have another arachnid set waiting at the service center of I decide to keep a set.

Silver2K | 5 januar 2019

Turns/turbines

Michaeljthomas35 | 24 februar 2019

are they still available?

zpolad | 24 februar 2019

I have a set also. zpolad at gmail

ColonyGolfer | 25 februar 2019

Silver2K, After 6 years and 42K miles with 3 different brands (Continental, Michelin, and Hankooks) I tossed the 21's and bought four 19" Michelins already mounted. The ride is so much softer and quieter...Pothole potential damage is greatly reduced. Reason enough for me; I am just surprised at how long it took me to realize how much better the 19's are.....slow learner. The only plus that I see is the aggressive stance of the 21's,

rfisher | 27 april 2019

Are the rims still available?

EmperorTytus | 30 april 2019

I’m selling 21” grey turbines with Pirelli tires right now.

TesMD | 1 maj 2019

@rfisher
I have a set of silver arachnid wheels with tires that I just picked up from SC. If you are still looking, I may be willing to depart with them but originally had planned to keep them.
I am not sure what the going rate is but I will entertain any reasonable offer.
I am located in S. California so the buyer has to be local.
Let me know if you are interested.

amit.pec | 6 maj 2019

I would like to sell or exchange my 21" grey turbines wheels with Michelin tires driven about 5k miles with more than half tread still on the tires. I am looking for 19" slipstream wheels or any 19" wheels which can have all season tires. I am located in the Sacramento area. Please contact me at amit.pec@gmail.com for more details.

griffd | 8 maj 2019

I am selling the same set of 21" Arachnid wheels/tires in the Orlando area. The Service Center has the wheels and are waitinf for the tires to arrive, but they should be in any day now. Please let me know if interested. I will match Kush's $5k price OBO. You can reach me at griffd (at) me.com. The only reason I'm selling them is because I won two sets via the referral program. Price includes:

• 2 x 21X8.5J Silver Arachnid wheels
• 2 x 21X9.0J Silver Arachnid wheels
• 2 x 245/35/21 – Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
• 2 x 265/35/21 – Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
• 4 x tire pressure sensors
• 4 x Tesla logo wheel caps

Thank you,
Dave

igor | 15 maj 2019

Have the same for sale, the set is at Dublin, CA service center. Looking for $5k OBO.

igor [at] igord.com

Anthony J. Parisio | 16 maj 2019

EVRider,
I live in Philadelphia. The city streets destroy wheels. While they look great. However, I can't afford to replace them often. This would often be the case in our town.

igor | 18 maj 2019

Selling mine because I already have the 21” aero wheels in black, would prefer these in black but they’re not offering (at least here) to change the color.

wlmory52 | 25 maj 2019

and for us M3P owners, what options are there? 20" OEM w/ summer tires are ridiculous for Chicago.

lmurph2 | 26 maj 2019

New owner here. Are there any aftermarket wheels anyone has used or will recommend? Or does everyone stay with Tesla brand wheels? I am taking delivery of a pre-owned S with 19" wheels, wonder what else is out there to make it look more stylish.

Silver2K | 26 maj 2019

Tirerack.com

mculp | 5 juni 2019

I have a new set of arachnid with tires and sensors ready to be picked up, I’m in the Tahoe area .

Michael.culp@gmail.com

nayyaraman | 17 juni 2019

Hello I have also same set of tires and selling mine as well in Fremont, CA area.

2 x 21X8.5J Silver Arachnid wheels

Thank You

Thalys | 19 juni 2019

Hi,
I already have 21" Arachnid wheel on my MS and I loved it. It looks awesome and stands out. I was hoping to earn Power wall for 4th referral but unfortunately, the referral rule was changed few days prior to the order date. The 4th referral earned Arachnid wheels again. I do not think Arachnid wheels for referral bonus will be back in foreseeable future. I'm in Dallas and SC just texted me to schedule a picked up date. I'm picking them up in few weeks.

Therefore, I am looking to sell the set of brand new Arachnid wheels and tires. However, the wheels looks so great and each tire cost so much, I'm having second thought on keeping them and just switch when time comes. But my mind still sets on Powerwall. So I'm asking $5K for this wheels set, which will help me offset some of the Powerwall cost. If you are interested and okay to pick up, you can email me and make an offer. *sanjayjuju@gmail.com*

Disclaimer: Tire brand may change at Tesla's discretion. However, my first wheel set came with Michelin as described above. So I'm not so concerned at this point.

EVRider | 19 juni 2019

@Thalys: I'm confused. You said you already have the 21" Arachnid wheels on your MS, so why would you consider keeping the second set of Arachnid wheels and installing them rather than selling them?

Thalys | 19 juni 2019

Hi EVRider,
I see what you meant. Thanks for the comment! As I heard 21" tires did not last long and cost approximately $500 each including install which equates to easy $2K. I still have OEM turbine stored in garage but going back to that would be a tough decision after enjoying cool looking Arachnid for so long. Above all this is a gift from Tesla. I am just being too emotional selling this nice gift. However if price is right, money always prevails. I'm selling it! :D

OTBMS19 | 19 juni 2019

Does anyone have the 19" or 21" Silver Metallic/ Grey color wheel for sale?

beemerze1 | 20 juni 2019

Anyone in the Vegas area selling any style Tesla 21” for a decent price?

Madhmdls | 5 juli 2019

OTBMS19 or beemerze1, I just received a set of 21" Silver arachnid wheel package with michelin sport tires for the Model S that I am wanting to sell, if interested please ping me at prntoo at yahoo dot com.

TesMD | 6 juli 2019

I have a set of 21” arachnid wheels that I received as part of referral prize that I am willing to sell. I am located in Orange Counry, CA. You can email me at cre8ive77@hotmail.com if interested and we can negotiate a price.

TeslaCV | 7 juli 2019

I have beautiful, brand new 21” BLACK arachnid wheels with the Michelin Pilots.

2 x 21X8.5J BLACK Arachnid wheels
2 x 21X9.0J BLACK Arachnid wheels
2 x 245/35/21 – Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
2 x 265/35/21 – Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
4 x tire pressure sensors & Tesla logo wheel caps

I already have gray 21" turbine wheels on my MS and willing to sell the set for $4500 or best reasonable offer.
Local pick-up preferred in San Diego area.

eclecticMD | 7 juli 2019

@teslaCV whats your email

EVRider | 8 juli 2019

I created a separate thread about this, but I’m also selling a set of brand new Model S 21” silver Arachnid wheels received as a referral award. They are currently at the West Palm Beach FL Service Center and I’m looking for a local buyer. If interested, see my ad on the TMC forum and respond there: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/fs-new-model-s-21-silver-arachni...

TeslaCV | 8 juli 2019

@eclecticMD - Please contact me at teslacvralf@gmail.com

Madhmdls | 8 juli 2019

If anyone is interested in a set of brand new 21" silver arachnid wheels, pls contact me. I am in the SF bay area and can drop it off if needed.

DavidinNC | 9 juli 2019

I am looking for new OEM 21" wheel/tire set, either black arachnid or carbon sonic twin turbine, full set ready to go, need near or shipped to central NC for fair price, will create a separate post

ibuy2007 | 11 juli 2019

Hello
Just got my new Arachnid wheels and tires for Model S. I am looking to sell them. I am in Northern NJ near Summit. If anyone is interested, please message me ibuy2007@gmail.com

DavidinNC | 11 juli 2019

anyone have a new set of black arachnids/tires for sale, shipped to NC?

EVRider | 11 juli 2019

@DavidinNC: As I replied in your other thread, the referral award wheels are silver Arachnids, not black. If you want new black Arachnids, you have to buy them from Tesla for $6,000, or get the silver Arachnids and paint them.

TeslaCV | 11 juli 2019

@DavidinNC - I have the BLACK Arachnids but I don't feel comfortable shipping them. When I ordered mine it took a very long time to receive a non-damaged set. If Tesla has issues shipping them to the SCs without any damage then local pickup is the right way for me to go.
That said, if anybody in the San Diego area is interested in a brand new set of the BLACK 21" Arachnid, please contact me at teslacvralf@gmail.com.

Draoz4 | 12 juli 2019

Hello everyone I just purchased my MS and I'm in the market for the BLACK Arachnids, Model S 21" Twin Turbine in carbon or the Sonic Carbon Model S 21" Turbine Wheel if anyone has them im located in Scottsdale Arizona but I'm picking up my car in a week in las vegas.

Draoz4 | 12 juli 2019

Sorry for the extra post but i forgot to add my email above, Freddy@luxlabs.media

EVRider | 12 juli 2019

@TeslaCV: Why are you selling your black Arachnids rather than installing them?

guptam | 15 juli 2019

I have a new set of 21" arachnids with tires for the Model S in Palo Alto, CA. They are ready to be installed at the service center. I would prefer to sell them by Friday. If interested, send me an offer: GuptaM at yahoo.

guptam | 16 juli 2019

some more details: Silver Arachnids with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires - offer price $4,500 - in Palo Alto SF Bay Area - free installation available at the Tesla Service Center; I can be reached here: guptam@yahoo.com

EVRider | 16 juli 2019

@guptam: You might want to check the TMC forums to see what other people are selling those for. Your price is unrealistic.