Forums

COLLISION!

COLLISION!

Yesterday at about 12:50 I was driving my MX eastbound on a busy city street in Sarasota, speed limit 40 MPH. As I was clearing an intersection (had a green light) a Prius, driven by a young woman, her boyfriend in the passenger seat, made a left turn and ran into my driver’s side. It was a very hard hit, pushed me across a lane and onto the sidewalk (luckily, not colliding with other traffic). Airbags immediately deployed, totally enveloping me. I had no injuries (other than being very shaken up). No injuries to the other driver and her passenger.

Within about 5 minutes I got a text on my phone, as did my wife who was at home, from Tesla Roadside Assistance informing me that they had received an alert that I had a problem and asking if I needed roadside assistance. The damage to my car was obviously beyond roadside assistance capability, 911 was on the way, so I declined. My guess is that the car is totaled. Se la vie! No injuries!

Bottom line: the Model X is one helluva safe vehicle and the Tesla alert system is amazing. I’ll be celebrating my seventy-tenth birthday this week (which, in Sarasota, is the age of transition from adolescence to adulthood) and it looks like I’ll have a new Model X for a present :-)

jimglas | 12 januar 2019

Glad you are ok!

lilbean | 12 januar 2019

Glad you're ok!

ghgregory | 12 januar 2019

Me, too. THANKS!

jimglas | 12 januar 2019

NO COLLUSION!

inconel | 12 januar 2019

Glad you are unhurt!
Sorry to ask, is seventy ten = eighty?

lilbean | 12 januar 2019

Yes 80.

Thanks, Lilbean. I was not sure what the number is or if I wanted to admit it. ;-)

Jimglas... WELL DONE! ;-)

lilbean | 12 januar 2019

That's what I said when I turned twenty ten. :)

georgehawley.fl.us | 13 januar 2019

Hey, I live in Sarasota and resemble that remark. I guess I am closer to middle age by your definition. :-)). Glad you weren't hurt.
Beneva? Tuttle? Baia Vista?
I was out and about on the 11th at 12:50 on Fruitville but it was my lucky day. Is your X white also?

In fact I am so old that the local Publix Supermarkets have agreed to sell me a half a banana at at time.

jjgunn | 13 januar 2019

I thought 70-10th was 700.

I thought...."Is this guy Methuselah?!?!"

Where....glad you're ok - your story is exactly why I'm driving the Model X now.

....and I'm not anywhere near 80 ;-)

jjgunn | 13 januar 2019

Stupid auto-correct

Where = Whew!

jimglas | 13 januar 2019

half a banana....good one!

ghgregory | 13 januar 2019

@georgehawley.fl.us. Fruitville and Lime. Blue MX. Our nearby Publix won't sell me green bananas. But hey, I'm walking upright, sucking air and not in pain. ghgregory@mac.com

maildjm | 13 januar 2019

Happy you were not hurt! Hope it doesn't take too long to get your new MX. Keep us posted as to how your insurance company handles this?

I'm thinking that Toyota may have incorporated some anti-Tesla AI software into kamikaze Prius cars while they struggle to keep Hydogen from evaporating into outer space.:-)). Good thing I was at the other end of Fruitville rd.