Forums

Best Time of the Year to Buy My X

Best Time of the Year to Buy My X

So is there a good time of the year to buy my X. Consider when any new changes that Tesla might make other than the one that can be done over the internet. Like more camera's ect. I have my S from late 2016 but missed the A2 I am trying to make sure the best I can not to let that happen on the X

jimglas | 12 februar 2019

when the tax credit is the highest. Nobody knows when any changes will occur

burdogg | 12 februar 2019

nipper2 - that is a great question - and one I wish I had that magic 8 ball for....we did hear that there was an interior refresh coming...and we know that for FSD - a new computer is coming - so you may want to wait to get that faster computer. Here is an article to maybe help you out :)

https://www.autopilotreview.com/model-s-model-x-refresh-2018/

Good luck - it is so hard to figure out....when :) May have to weigh loss of tax credit (if that matters to you) vs getting these new features/designs...or if you really don't like the possible refresh interior - would want to order before that happens...

nipper2 | 12 februar 2019

@burdogg
To be honest I am not worried if I lose the tax credit as much I want the latest and greatest at as much as I can

jjgunn | 12 februar 2019

Immediately

I think waiting is better then... as that article points out... unless you don't like the refresh screens and like the old...

I can't help but think battery changes are coming... the roadster that gets 600 miles! Yes, x is bigger etc... but not 300 miles more, so there has to be something in the works.

We do know the better computer is coming so you really want to wait for that as it will have faster computing power... necessary for fsd

nipper2 | 12 februar 2019

I might wait until the 3rd Qtr

I think that would be your safest bet - as that is probably when the new computer will start to show up - Good luck and keep us posted :)

pjalan | 13 februar 2019

Next year perhaps. After all federal tax credits have expired the latest and greatest will come out of factory....

nipper2 | 13 februar 2019

Not worried about the Tax Credit

burdogg | 13 februar 2019

I think that is what pjalan is saying - that once the tax credit is gone - Tesla will then release new things to continue to pull the demand lever...

Interesting thought - hold back better battery until tax credit gone, then better battery comes out with more miles.... hm....

inconel | 13 februar 2019

In your situation best time is right after a major change such as introduction of AP2. A major change seems to happen around every 2 years, based on past data which might not be reflective of future performance ... ;-)

nipper2 | 13 februar 2019

On the S I bought the S90D with AP1 than the 100 came out with AP2.0. so keep the S and also buying the X but I don't want the same thing to happen

lilbean | 13 februar 2019

There’s not better time than now, or not.