Forums

What panels did you get?

What panels did you get?

Just had solar installed and they used SC330 Panels - a relatively small 6kW system. Details about this panel (or any Tesla/Solarcity panels for that matter) is basically non-existent. Just curious about performance and if this is a typical panel - for northern CA in my case. If anyone has any specs or more info, please pass along!

Pkalhan | 1 marts 2019

I do not have any specs, but did get my layout from the Tesla design team. From what I can see, I will be getting the 325kW panels for a 13kW system. From what I understand, the 330s are relatively new and some who were expecting to get the 325s got the 330s come installation day...nice little surprise. I hope I get that surprise too.

Mediumed | 1 marts 2019

I got the Q.Peak Duo Blk-G5/SC 315 installed about a month ago. I opted for slightly lower output for a nicer looking panel being that the panels are visible in the front of the house. A personal preference. Hope you get your 330's. 13kw system is pretty big. I have a more average 6.3kw and a powerwall 2. System has been in service for only about a week now and I'm in love with it. Good luck!

Pkalhan | 3 marts 2019

@mediumed yeah, I was wanting the powerwalls bad, but I heard the wait can be kinda long. I also wasn't sure if I should get a larger system or get a smaller system with two power walls. In PA, we have net metering and from what I said, with net metering, the need for power walls is not as big. Not sure if that statement is true if the power goes out lol. I wonder what the cost would have been for us if we got a 10kW system with two power walls. Wonder if that would have been just as beneficial for us. All I know is that between my wife and I, we use a WHOLE LOT of electricity and I have no idea how.

rob.kibler | 7 marts 2019

From the label on the SC330 panels: https://imgur.com/a/ZiRThZj

Mediumed | 9 marts 2019

@Pkalhan If your utility gives you one to one net metering then you dont really need a powerwall unless you are concerned with power outages. One to one meaning they give you back the electricity for the same rate that they charge you. You can always add a powerwall later anyway. We all know that its great to have solar panels but once they start kicking out power its like why didnt I do this sooner. Its great! Enjoy the new system.

Pkalhan | 11 marts 2019

@Mediumed, yes, I believe that is what PA has which is why everyone was informing me I do not need the powerwalls. You are also correct, I can also get them sometime down the road. My Tesla account has now updated stating that someone will be contacting me in 1-3 days to schedule installation. Getting closer!!! :)

Now lets hope for the 330s :)

Pkalhan | 11 marts 2019

update: spoke to my Tesla Adviser, she informed me that on my Tesla Account, there is a glitch on the status of my project as it is not taking into account that we are still waiting on my electric company's approval. We got the permit from the city...still needing my utility company's permit...UGH.

nwfan | 12 marts 2019

I have (25) 360 and (20) 370w - 72 cell monocrystalline Panels mfgr by Canadian Company Silfab.
Each of my panels are connected to 45 Enphase IQ6+ microinverters. System size is 16.4kw.

I needed microinverters installed due to shading issues and design of my house.
Tesla was not able to provide microinverters and I went with a local DFW installer
who was able to install what I wanted.

I'm on my 3rd year with the system. I upgraded from 10.8kw to 16.4kw last June
after March 2018 delivery of my 2nd Tesla vehicle. Needed the extra panels
for charging 2 cars (S and 3). I have a 16kw Sonnen battery.
Wanted to purchase 2 Tesla Powerwalls. But after Hurricane Maria, Tesla was
not able to delivery them. My installer recommended LG or Sonnen battery as an
alternative. I choose the Sonnen unit. It's expensive, but highly recommendrd. Sonnen
is now owned by Shell. My last electric bill was $1.41. That's providing all my household
load requirements and charging 2 cars. Last summer, my bill never was higher than $2.00.
During Winter and Spring I'm able to bank excess power for use during hot TX summers.

Pkalhan | 25 marts 2019

I am getting the 330s :). They started installing today and should be done tomorrow.

jajabor | 26 marts 2019

The specs are in the system design document. Ask Tesla to provide you the design document they submitted to the city for permit.

ICEMELT | 29 marts 2019

I am in NJ and just entering the research phase to go solar. I got my M3 delivered last Dec and waiting for usage numbers during summer.

Is one to one charge back a utility company deal or a state mandate?

Pkalhan | 29 marts 2019

If "one to one charge back" you mean Net Metering, I believe that is a state thing...at least in PA it is.

briancarltonking | 1 april 2019

We are having our 10.89kW system installed on Thursday. We are scheduled to get the 325W panels and two power wall 2s. We are excited to finally be able to run during a power outage which, by my luck, will never happen again. At least we will be doing something to conserve energy and eventually start saving money as the cost of electricity keeps going up every year.

NJturtlePower | 10 april 2019

Tesla SC330 Solar Panel Specs copied from my quote....

https://i.imgur.com/Xo6GLJr.jpg

trident3 | 11 april 2019

nwfan, any chance of seeing your roof in the DFW area. I am west of DFW ARPT. Would like info from someone who has installed the panels.

vvantonov81 | 30 april 2019

So, what decision did you take?