Forums

Tesla City

Tesla City

Tesla should eventually stage a “reveal” of an idealized section of a city that runs on solar energy with battery storage. All vehicles would be EVs, silently in motion (using FSD) including Tesla semis, demonstrating how truck stops, factories, and distribution systems can work sustainably. Solar roofs on all the houses, no power lines anywhere.

Top it off with a hyperloop ride to 600mph and a whiz through some boring company tunnels and you have yourself a theme park... can’t be too far off, can it?

TranzNDance | 24 marts 2019

Also, have restaurants where diners can eat outside and enjoy the nice weather without smelly exhaust and loud engine sounds ruining the atmosphere.

Tesla2018 | 24 marts 2019

A former classmate of mine already planned one

https://www.babcockranch.com/about-us/solar

NKYTA | 24 marts 2019

@Madatgascar, “The Happiest Place on Earth”? ;-)

jordanrichard | 25 marts 2019

Perhaps Sparks NV will become just a place. I mean, the Gigafactory is presently in the middle of nowhere, but I foresee an actual town forming outside of the Gigafactory grounds.

JustSaying | 25 marts 2019

A real EPCOT?

El Mirio | 25 marts 2019

@jordanrichard for sure Sparks NV is in consideration.

www.teslarati.com/tesla-is-looking-to-build-on-site-housing-for-gigafact...

jordanrichard | 26 marts 2019

Yep, a "mill town" is what I pictured.

Madatgascar | 28 marts 2019

In Seoul I visited a showcase “city” built by one of the big chaebol (Daewoo?) to showcase their vision of the future. It was full of clever space saving gimmicks like beds that dropped down from the ceiling and kitchens that morphed into dining rooms, and there were cool concept cars on display. It was very popular for families with kids. I was impressed but remember thinking there was no real technical innovation on display.

Nothing like that anywhere else in the world from a single company, but Elon’s companies together could showcase a vision of a fantastic possible world of clean air and sustainable energy that could inspire future generations.

Earl and Nagin ... | 28 marts 2019

@Madatgascar,
Do you remember Disneyland from the '60's and '70's and even Epcot Center when they were focused on such things instead of just making movies and selling movie merchandise?
Years ago, Disney Imagineers were focused on making things better, not just re-hashing the same thrill ride formulae that have worked in the past. In fact, Hewlett Packard actually got their start by making an audio amplifier to enable the sound quality necessary for Disney's Fantasia. Likewise, the Imagineers created the first humanoid robots in their audioanimatronics before digital controls made it easy enough that any grade school student can do it.
Sadly, there are few places like that left any more.
I agree with all who think that, perhaps Sparks, NV might be a good place for such an experiment. The land is cheap enough to afford, sun is plentiful to provide energy, and there are job opportunities there to employ people.