Forums

SC station completely offline

SC station completely offline

Almost had a serious issue last night as a result of a SC being offline but not registering as offline. I was leaving Bend OR at around 11:40pm to go back to Portland OR. Punched in nav and (I knew this already) didn't have enough charge to get to Portland. It was going to have me stop in Detroit Lake to charge briefly. However I wasn't comfortable with the range remaining on the drive to Detroit Lake (it was going to be about 21-22 miles based on calculations). Its a windy, very hilly route. So I turned around and drove 2.5 miles back to the SC station in Bend to top up to get to Detroit Lake. I added about 100 miles (if you're asking why I didn't just add enough to get to Portland the Detroit Lake SC station is much, much faster and its literally 100 feet off the highway). Anyways made it to Detroit Lake and the entire system was down. It quickly answered why every charge station was dark.I had barely enough to make it to Woodburn OR to charge (2%). I did call Tesla and the agent informed me that the station had been offline for almost 2 hours - before I had left Bend. If I hadn't added mileage in Bend I would have been stranded for at least 2 hours in the middle of nowhere. Very disappointed that Tesla failed to inform the nav system that the SC station had been offline for 2 hours and that it could not only have affected me but it may have affected others. Its a very long, very desolate drive that time of night between Salem and Bend. There is a 50-60 miles section with zero phone coverage, the LTE in the car loses all connectivity as well.