Forums

Brutal rapid stopping of the vehicle in the event of a frontal collision

Brutal rapid stopping of the vehicle in the event of a frontal collision

While studying the various safety systems in the car, I came up with the idea of integrating all existing technology into a new safety system that, in the event of a frontal collision, stops the car brutally quickly. This reduces the risk of injury to passengers and damage to the car. Of all the carmakers, this invention would be the best for Tesla, I just don't know how to do it. I would also like a partner who would invest money in patent protection.

jimglas | 24 august 2019

i think they already have that if you are on AP

ttoomm1 | 24 august 2019

Maybe, but in my case it's just really unavoidable frontal collisions, so the system, like an air bag, is meant for single use only.

grins.va | 24 august 2019

So sending you money will fix it?

Yodrak. | 24 august 2019

My observations have all been that in the event of a frontal collision the cars already stop brutally quickly. No technology needed.

ttoomm1 | 24 august 2019

Yes this is true, the problem is only if the security cage is damaged, which then squeezes and injures the occupants. If the seat cage remains intact, passengers will be provided with an air bag and seat belt.

NKYTA | 24 august 2019

Wow.

Xerogas | 24 august 2019

I’m guessing this ‘invention’ will include alternators, wind turbines, magnets, and solar panels added to the roof.

There’s a different thread where all these kinds of ideas can go without being ridiculed; suggest you move the discussion over there.

TeslaTap.com | 24 august 2019

@ttoomm1 - You do realize the Tesla is the safest car you can buy? It also has Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) to reduce the impact of collisions. Not sure what you're suggesting beyond what Tesla already provides.

You may be thinking of ICE cars, where the engine may enter the cabin on a major collision. Even many ICE cars now have AEB.

ttoomm1 | 24 august 2019

I know AEBs, but sometimes AEBs can't prevent the inevitable frontal collision, but when it does, another system can occur that reduces the collision energy by stopping the car brutally quickly. This system is new, but uses only well-known technology. Suppose it helps keep the cage safe longer.

SCCRENDO | 24 august 2019

Head to the shark tank to peddle your idea.

RedShift | 24 august 2019

What the hell is this? A ‘system’ to brake harder than an AEB? As I understand it, from the moment an AEB kicks in, maximum brake force is already being applied.

I don’t understand what this fellow is trying to solve.

grins.va | 24 august 2019

Read the OP. He wants your money.

GHammer | 24 august 2019

"I just don't know how to do it"
"invest money in patent protection"

That says it all.

ttoomm1 | 24 august 2019

AEB zazna trk že v naprej, zato lahko pravočasno zaustavi, hitrost zaustavljanja samega pa je pogojena z sistemom ABS, moj sistem je še izpopolnjena različica ABSa, vendar samo za enkratno uporabo, tako kot air bag, ali samozatezovalniki varnostnega pasu. Aja, nočem jaz vašeha denarja, pač pa patentni zastopnik.
313/5000
The AEB detects a collision in advance, so it can stop in a timely manner, and the stopping speed itself is conditioned on ABS, and my system is a sophisticated version of ABS, but only for single use, like an air bag or seat belt pretensioners. Yeah, I don't want your money, but my patent agent.

ttoomm1 | 24 august 2019

The AEB detects a collision in advance, so it can stop in a timely manner, and the stopping speed itself is conditioned on ABS, and my system is a sophisticated version of ABS, but only for single use, like an air bag or seat belt pretensioners. Yeah, I don't want your money, but my patent agent.

Xerogas | 24 august 2019

@ttoomm1: I have a handful of patents, so I’ve been down this road before. I assume you want to make money, and that’s the main reason you’re seeking patent protection. I’ve never heard of a ‘patent agent’, but I wouldn’t listen to such a person, because their goal is to get money out of you, regardless of whether your idea generates money down the road. They make money regardless of how useful your idea is.

The most reliable and quick way to make *waaaay* more money than from a patent is
1) Get a job at the company you were planning to sell the patent to. You’ll get a nice salary and lots of experience in the industry and they probably already have patents that would invalidate yours, anyway. You don’t have the kind of money you need to last through a protracted patent battle
Or 2) Build a working prototype of your idea, and demonstrate it under non-disclosure. Then ask for a job at the company, but this time with a higher salary than #1

Also make sure you do lots of research and patent searching; it’s almost guaranteed that your idea or something close to it has already been patented.

Yodrak. | 24 august 2019

So the brutally rapid stopping system prevents your car, which has the system, from rear-ending something in front of you, instead causing the car behind you, which may not have even AEB, to have a frontal with your car. Pushing your car into the frontal collision that you had hoped to avoid.

jimglas | 24 august 2019

if somebody rear ends you, they were following too close. And you have the video to prove it

Xerogas | 24 august 2019

Can’t wait for the marketing materials on this one. Brutal Rapid Stopping sounds like a joyful purchase for most consumers.

Yodrak. | 24 august 2019

"if somebody rear ends you, they were following too close. And you have the video to prove it"

That doesn't keep my car out of the repair shop.

I expect you've seen the same numerous posts that I have in which people complain about 'phantom braking' and the risk of getting rear-ended as a result? Much more likely with 'brutally rapid stopping'.

ttoomm1 | 25 august 2019

AEB detects the danger even before the driver and this can be dangerous for those who are driving behind and do not know what it is going on, but my system is triggered just before the collision, that is, after the AEB has already completed its task and when the ABS does not stop the car fast enough.

RedShift | 25 august 2019

Oh, now I see.

Your idea is no good mate. Disabling ABS isn’t going to get you much of an advantage. Many times, it may make it worse by allowing the car to skid or spin out of control.

ttoomm1 | 25 august 2019

This is not about disabling the ABS, it is about increasing the braking power and wheel friction at a critical moment.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 25 august 2019

ttoomm1,
Are you talking about retrorockets? Put a few under the front bumper, in case of crash the front bumper blows off and retros fire, bringing the car to a “brutal” stop, killing all inside.

RedShift | 25 august 2019

@ttoom1

AEB applies max pressure already; nothing more to be done. Try imagining a different problem to solve. Sincerely.

GHammer | 25 august 2019

"it is about increasing the braking power and wheel friction at a critical moment."

Modern braking systems are already so powerful you need the ABS to modulate it.

Tire to road friction is a function of tire material, and road surface. How are you going to dynamically increase this at the critical moment particularly when you have no control over the road surface.