Forums

Porsche Taycan Reviews

Porsche Taycan Reviews

Looks like the Taycan information embargo is over:
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/09/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about...
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28899036/2020-porsche-taycan-photos-i...
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020-porsche-taycan-electric-car-range-i...

Love it or hate it, it's a well-executed EV with a lot of buzz around it. IMHO, if there were a real charging network for it, it would be a huge success.

jimglas | 11 september 2019

so darth, you are saying they purposely designed a car with inferior specs to suit a specific demographic?
that's some strange mental gymnastics you done there.

andy.connor.e | 11 september 2019

Darth has demonstrated that his purchasing decision making (or that of a porsche owner) is driven by feelings and/or emotions. So nothing anyone says makes a difference because the decision is not based on facts or specifications. Since its not a logical decision, there is no discussion. You buy whatever makes you feel good, even if its physically inferior than a competitor.

SamO | 11 september 2019

andy,

Derp isn’t really “into” critical thinking. He believes physics is subject to whether he believed in it or not.

Trying to argue with this type of illogical mental midget is an exercise in futility.

Porche makes a vastly inferior product with hand stitching.

@SamO

Correct. No point arguing, i just let him demonstrate his position, and then just stated it. You cant really have a discussion with someone whos decision is feeling/emotion driven. Since he doesnt care about physical specifications and the such, he has no leverage in this conversation.

NKYTA | 11 september 2019

I want the lawnmower that lasts 30 minutes. Less mowing!

:facepalm:

@NKYTA

You are the true genius

TeslaTap.com | 11 september 2019

And the 30-minute lawnmower has a turbo label on it. That must be worth at least $50K extra.

But the turbo only lasts for the first 5 seconds before overheat protection backs off the extra power.

SamO | 11 september 2019

I love this group of comedians.

lol

Darthamerica | 11 september 2019

@Andy Don’t be so quick to laugh at soy boy comedy... These are the people who got offended by Dave Chapelle on Netflix. What you are doing is called category error. Let me help you... Lawnmowers if built to do the same thing could be compared. But since Model S and Taycan are not built to do the same thing, your analogy is wrong. By your logic the Tesla Semi is better than the Roadster because it can carry more cargo and has longer range. Doesn’t make much sense does it?

jimglas | 11 september 2019

Darth: how is your taycan fanboy status going to stand up if the model S posts an equivalent or better track time?

Well i was comparing sedan to sedan, and lawnmower to lawnmower. You're comparing a supercar to a semi-truck. So no, you dont make any sense.

SamO | 11 september 2019

Darth is doing more to ensure not a single Tesla owner ever buys a Taycan. Perhaps his stupidity is an act, and he's a Tesla soyboi trying to get everyone to hate Porsche. Well played, sir.

lulz

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 11 september 2019

Please, this is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who!

@Jim, on The Ring? It can’t. And I’m not a Taycan fan boy. I will decide on buying a Taycan only after I see the Roaster 2.0 options.

Tropopause | 11 september 2019

It can too!

@Andy one of those sedans is a sports car, the other isn’t. So they are as different as Roaster vs Semi based on your analogy.

TabascoGuy | 11 september 2019

"Model S and Taycan are not built to do the same thing". What?

Was one of them built to time travel? Was one built to swim? Lawn art? Did I miss an announcement?

I'm pretty sure the majority of people who buy either one buy it to drive it.

Tropopause | 11 september 2019

I wonder what a stock Taycan can do on the Ring? Maybe the first sucker, I mean owner, can try tracking their stock Taycan whenever they finally get released.

Darth will think that Taycan is something more than just a car.

@Trop Elon has already acknowledged that it can’t and needs to be modified for that. But that was obvious from day one. It’s not a knock on Tesla! They built a great car. They just didn’t build it with those kinds of racing scenarios in mind. It was built to drive long distances as close as possible to an equivalent ICE vehicle.

And its the fastest production car.

@Andy what?

Pages