Forums

Update 2019.40.50.5 79b51bc76a61

Update 2019.40.50.5 79b51bc76a61

Just received this update this morning. I received and installed the 2019.40.50 last week.

I'm assuming bug fixes for voice commands. I have not driven her yet.

Anyone else get the update and notice anything different?

PhillyBob | 30 december 2019

I just noticed the voice recognition is now working on that version .... By the way .... It works slightly different, it appears that you need to hold the button longer until the voice command translates on the display. It is not a great user experience but I am sure it will get better with time .....

Scrannel | 30 december 2019

Got it last night -- 2019 (Sept) Performance. Voice commands seems less funky. Have to play a bit, so not sure.

dprmoore | 30 december 2019

So far it seems the voice commands are much improved.

Jones | 30 december 2019

Improved autopilot - 40.50.1 had significant issues with lane keeping and timing of turns that are resolved with this update.

shailesh.mahapatra | 30 december 2019

I upgraded my Model 3 last week but do not see the Driving Visualization upgrades ( Street lights, trash cans etc). I read that the driving upgrades only applies to HW3. I got my car in March 2019 with FSD. Anyone else with the same issue?

EVRider | 30 december 2019

@shailesh: What you read is correct, and you don't have HW3 unless you've been upgraded. What's the issue?

CharleyBC | 30 december 2019

@shailesh.mahapatra: HW3 wasn't going into cars in force until April. So (like me) you won't see trash cans and bike lanes until you get your HW3 upgrade, or if some future release brings them to HW2.5.

joe | 30 december 2019

Elon should negotiate with Apple and use SIRI for voice capability.

jebinc | 30 december 2019

-@dprmoore

Already an existing thread on this exact subject - on page one of this forum. Why the duplicate???

smokemac | 30 december 2019

After upgrading the software to 76a61 my auto pilot stopped working. I have the full auto pilot that was working fine before the update. I called Tesla and they are aware of the problem and working on a software update. I wish I did not install this update and I don’t think anybody else should update to this software. If you know of a fix please share.

lbowroom | 30 december 2019

“ I have the full auto pilot”

What’s your definition of that? Your choices are:

EAP with 2.5
EAP and FSD with 2.5
AP with 2.5
AP and FSD with 2.5
AP with 3.0
AP and FSD with 3.0

dprmoore | 30 december 2019

-@jebing, my apologies.

I thought that thread was for the initial update to 2019.40.50.

Dormie | 31 december 2019

I have HW3 and I didn't see anything additional. I upgraded to 79b51bc76a61 last night and will see if it has changed anything in that regard.

Lonestar10_1999 | 31 december 2019

I am disappointed with “Come to me”. I tried it at the far end of the Home Depot parking lot where it was relatively quiet. My SR+ actually drove away from me initially then seemed to be circumnavigating the parking lot to get to me. I got nervous and ended it. Actually this feature was much better when it was first introduced four or five firmware updates ago. Makes me think that truly autonomous driving is far off.

On a positive note, the 40.50 voice commands are working great for me. Today I said “tire pressure” and voila there it was.

r34vspec | 31 december 2019

Can someone please show me a screenshot of where in the Autopilot menu I can turn the FSD preview on? I have a model 3 manufactured on 4.19 (i am not sure if that made the HW3 cutoff). But I don't see an option to turn it on. Have latest software.

Thank you,

melmartin | 31 december 2019

If you don't see it you don't have HW3. Not all cars manufactured around the switch date made it.
Sorry.

EVRider | 31 december 2019

@smokemac, @Dormie: Those hexadecimal identifiers after the version numbers are meaningless to most people. Use the numeric version number (40.50.5 in your case). As far as I know, there have never been two builds with the same numeric version number but different hexadecimal IDs, so you can safely ignore them.

smokemac | 31 december 2019

My cars autopilot started working again approx 2 hrs after I called Tesla customer service as they said they where aware of the problem for some drivers and it’s all fixed now.

CharleyBC | 31 december 2019

@melmartin: "If you don't see it you don't have HW3. Not all cars manufactured around the switch date made it."

That's a good point. People have been asking for months whether there is a way to see whether a given car has HW2.5 or HW3. The choices have been looking at video file formats (not reliable) and opening up the car and physically inspecting the computer. Now we have a way in the screens to see: if you have the FSD visualization option available, you have HW3. If not, you don't.

It's the little things that make life good.

M3phan | 31 december 2019

50.5 fixed my AP lane oscillation. Back to beautifully centered.