Forums

Talking Teslas Coming Soon

Talking Teslas Coming Soon

M3phan | 12 januar 2020

Yes, has to be I would think for cars built after September 2019 utilizing that front bumper exterior speaker.

noleaf4me | 12 januar 2020

Still cool. I'd still like a talking interface like Alexa within the car.

drift | 12 januar 2020

Didn't we already do this in the mid 80s? People don't want their car telling them what they already know.

jordanrichard | 12 januar 2020

You don’t need any type of external speaker. The radio/sound system is easily heard through the doors as is. People won’t suspect the voice would be coming from a car, where as a car’s horn would be clearly coming from a car. So if the intent is to gets people’s attention, all cars already have a built in device.

stingray.don | 12 januar 2020

drift,

The Tesla is talking to pedestrians rather than the driver. Appears to be more options for the PWS.

Magic 8 Ball | 12 januar 2020

Buff says the car will be able to fart in general directions.

Buff says the car will be able to fart in general directions.

Cute but hopefully other sounds will be available

I look forward to the discussions concerning those of us who don't have PWS and those with. and this new feature.

I believe the harness has been in place prior to deployment of the PWS. It might be an easy retrofit to add the hardware.

If I remember correctly some of the very early cars do not have the grille cutout in the lower facia, I am curious but do not have any concerns. I am happy to not have the PWS (interferes with early morning stealth activities :)

Magic 8 Ball,

Yeah, I don’t know the cutover point. I just remember seeing a YouTube video posted before the PWS deployment that showed the wiring harness and speaker grill.

We have a grille on ours so it would be odd if they did not have a way to plug a speaker in at that point but you never know. So, being the "I want it my way sort" I want the speaker for farting in general directions but I do not want PWS, make is so BUFF MAGE!

Garyeop | 12 januar 2020

'Please step away from the car or I will go medieval on your...'

Spartan-117 | 12 januar 2020

LoL just reminded me of the old school car alarm that would tell people step away from the car. Was that Viper?

FISHEV | 12 januar 2020

Great. I'll get "Camera's off line" "AP disabled" "Lane Keeping not working" "I can't see blind spot" and other messages via voice vs. the ribbon alerts on the screen.

You'd think Tesla would work on better functionality for existing safeties vs. games and jokes.

FISHEV,

Read the thread. This is for the PWS not car alerts.

FISHEV | 12 januar 2020

" This is for the PWS not car alerts."

It's useless crap no matter how you define it vs. Tesla fixing real problems.

teslamazing | 12 januar 2020

Gotta have fun here and there. Unlike grumpy ole fishy. Loose up guy / gal

Loosen *

You'd think Tesla would work on better functionality for existing safeties vs. games and jokes.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/26/why-tesla-model-3-is-the-safest-car...

FISHEV | 12 januar 2020

Safeties are to PREVENT the accidents. What you posted is about Tesla surviving the crash it did not prevent by having good BIS, Cross traffic alert, lane keeping, auto braking front/reverse and proximity alert. Here's a Model 3 on Summon running into a Subaru. Wonder what it said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXNaLCs9U6Y

Okay, let’s look at at the statistics for how likely to get into an accident. Spoiler alert - Teslas are FAR less likely to get into an accident than average. Combating FUD with facts.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-q1-2019-vehicle-safety-report/

FISHEV | 12 januar 2020

"let’s look at at the statistics for how likely to get into an accident"

They would be driver stats, not measurable car safety device stats or even crash test info. Subaru, Mercedes and Lexus lead in the safety stats for last 10 years per IIHS.org. Tesla lacks the numbers and the results but might have them someday. Poor BSI, Lane Keeping and no RCTA all work against Tesla long term. The self driving, particularly Summon, are causing accidents.

in7 | 12 januar 2020

I want my car to talk internally too, like KITT in the show Knight Rider. Sort of like it is in this video clip: https://youtu.be/G-R_F2uqh8o

pcrz | 12 januar 2020

FISHEV is present. Public Service Announcement:

FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.

in7 | 12 januar 2020

FISHEV has been so successful that Tesla stock has gone way up and there was a record number of cars sold last quarter.

rxlawdude | 12 januar 2020

@in7, my 2004 Prius Package 9 did that. :-)

FISHEV | 12 januar 2020

"I've been Summoned and I can't get up"

M3phan | 12 januar 2020

My car does *not* have the under front bumper grill holes precut. Woohoo! Stealth.

Fishy gettin that OT this wknd.

Varricks | 13 januar 2020
charles.a.braun | 13 januar 2020

@FISHEV - "Here's a Model 3 on Summon running into a Subaru"

Funny, that looks like an X to me.

teslamazing | 13 januar 2020

I didn’t know model 3 and X were the same car ...

WW_spb | 13 januar 2020

Also other car is Honda not Subaru

WW_spb | 13 januar 2020

Does he do it on purpose to mess with people? All he ever said is straight disinformation.

82bert | 13 januar 2020

Remember when every fish post was followed by a raqbal post, which naturally led to people questioning raqbal who claimed to have met fish? Which then led to raqbal flooding Tesla with complaints that people were attacking him...

WW_spb | 13 januar 2020

Fairly new on forums. Joined after putting order on Model 3 in October

charles.a.braun | 13 januar 2020

And the human powered car had plenty of opportunity to evade, again highlighting the need for more autonomy.

82bert | 13 januar 2020

@WW_spb. It was something else

Magic 8 Ball | 13 januar 2020

"Does he do it on purpose to mess with people? "

He is evil.

WW_spb | 13 januar 2020

Also watching closely I don't believe either car hit each other, crash and etc. X and Accord both breaked before anything happened.

WW_spb | 13 januar 2020

I don't think he is evil evil. But if he doesn't do this for money then he needs professional help asap.

teslamazing | 13 januar 2020

He fantasized it was a model 3 so hard.

No pun intended?

rob | 13 januar 2020

@WW_spb "...if he doesn't do this for money then he needs professional help asap."

+1000

andy.connor.e | 13 januar 2020

I know its going to be end of next year for me, but cant wait for the fart noises. I hope the talking comes in a Gordon Ramsay voice.

ODWms | 14 januar 2020

Funny how every time FishEV is called out for something or is proven wrong he just disappears, only to show up in another thread, spewing more inaccurate, misleading or just downright stupid FUD.

Magic 8 Ball | 14 januar 2020

I don't think he is evil evil. But if he doesn't do this for money then he needs professional help asap.

100% Evil, money or not (I don't believe anyone would get paid for time spent here, there is no measurable return. I wonder how many of those fake diplomas were purchased during spam bot wars.

miguelcampeau | 14 januar 2020

I think that a talking Tesla is fun but i see more value in using the pedestrian warning system (speaker) for Sentry mode.
The car could gently ask the intruder to step away from the car and gradually raise its voice if he doesn't!

WW_spb | 14 januar 2020

Or even tell that law enforcement was notified