Forums

Do Tesla employees sign in their contract a clause to stay away from Tesla forums?

Do Tesla employees sign in their contract a clause to stay away from Tesla forums?

With the growing number of Tesla employees, their entitlement to Tesla, the passion Tesla cars create, the time they spend in front of a computer or on their cell phone in store, I do not understand why we never see them online giving hints or somewhat helping.

Are they instantly fired as soon as they post on the forums?

EVRider | 25 januar 2020

How do you know they don’t post here?

FactDoc | 25 januar 2020

I have been posting here for 7 years and never saw a post from someone who stated he worked for Tesla or has been working for Tesla whatsoever.

Have you?

lessrandom | 25 januar 2020

There’s probably a clause about speaking publicly about Tesla, and nobody is authorized to speak here. Just guessing.

TeslaTap.com | 25 januar 2020

The problem for any public company is if some random employee states something that is material to the stock price. For example, if an employee said the Model Y was delayed 2 years (a made-up statement), that could affect the stock. The problem is it's not divulged in a valid news way, such as after hours in a press release. This can create all sorts of legal lawsuits and SEC actions. It's hard for a large company with tens of thousands of employees to ensure the information flow is both accurate and done correctly. The easy way is to just stop all employees, except select people, such as Elon and those in the PR department, from making any comments.

Yes, it would be nice to have more communications direct from Tesla, but in our sue-happy world, sadly it's not all that practical.

jordanrichard | 25 januar 2020

Well, just because someone doesn’t state that they work Tesla, doesn’t mean they don’t. Also, anyone associated with Tesla signs a NDA.

More to TT’s point, look at the number of postings by people here who cite something a Tesla tech or salesman said, everyone here takes it for gospel and then it turned out to not be true.

jordanrichard | 25 januar 2020

I will also add this about people who can’t post, not posting that they work for Tesla. Granted Tesla stuff doesn’t rise to the level of CIA and military activity, but I think you will get my point. Anyone working for the CIA or is involved in “black ops” in the military, won’t tell you they are. They will come up with another line of work. Secret or confidential information is not, if everyone learns about it.

Here on the forums/internet, you can say whatever you want when it comes to who you are or what you do for a living. Perfect example, I may or may not have a connect with Tesla and I may or may not have signed a NDA. You don’t know and can’t prove it one way or the other.

FactDoc | 25 januar 2020

@jordan
How many calls do you think they would save if they had official Tesla rep with Tesla badges answering questions online instead of customers who need to call?

EVRider | 25 januar 2020

@Maxxer: I think your question to me has been answered, but I meant that any Tesla employee who might post here doesn't (and likely can't) identify themself as an employee.

FactDoc | 25 januar 2020

@EVRider
You think some Tesla employees are answering questions here without identifying themselves?

Thanks for all your answers bighorn

TeslaTap.com | 25 januar 2020

@Maxxer - I never got the sense of employees on the forum other than a few rare cases where "Tesla Ownership" appears. Some times a bit of moderation would be nice, but so far it's mostly quite open.

Frank99 | 25 januar 2020

>>> How many calls do you think they would save if they had official Tesla rep with Tesla badges answering questions online

I've seen a few forums where this works out well, and customers are pleased. I've also seen a few where it doesn't work out well, where you get people like fishy taking potshots at the Tesla rep. Tesla has chosen the "Wild Wild West" approach, where all queries are answered by "the community" - sometimes it works out well, and sometimes not so well. I'd like to see an official Tesla rep who had the wisdom to pick-and-choose questions to respond to; but I'd like my Model 3 to be painted with Mazda Soul Red too. I'm not sure either one is going to occur in my lifetime.

Getting some moderation in place - either official or community based - would be nice. But this forum seems to be really low on Tesla's priority list, so I don't know that I expect to see that in my lifetime either. Oh, well.

FactDoc | 26 januar 2020

I think everybody would benefit from this.
Some employees during downtime in the Tesla stores could have that mandate

jordanrichard | 26 januar 2020

Maxxer, often Tesla employees don’t know what they are talking about. Most employees in relative terms are new, meaning they weren’t part of Tesla before 2016. The advice they give is based on what they were trained about which would be what was current at the time they were employed. If one has a car that was made prior to when that employee was hired, they won’t necessarily know the answer. A great number of employees and even owners here on the forums don’t know that there are Tesla’s that don’t have AP, summons, power folding mirrors.

Just as there are times when somone relative new owner will pass along advice, then a veteran owner counters that with the real answer based on their 6-7 years experience. There are relative few 6-7 yr employees with the equal number of years of owning a car, to add some perspective.

EVRider | 26 januar 2020

@Maxxer: I don’t know that Tesla employees are posting here, but I don’t know that they’re not either. That was my point.

I agree that it would be useful if Tesla provided an actual support forum, but that requires a support infrastructure that Tesla is unlikely to commit to at this time. Having Tesla employees randomly answer questions here, possibly incorrectly, wouldn’t be that helpful.

FactDoc | 26 januar 2020

@EVRider
In store they are so unknowledgeable
They always refer you to the online contact information anyway. The brain is the company is in California, they could save some time by using this staff to answer online group queries instead of separate ones. I think that would prevent duplicate x10 answer to individually asked questions.

sneazzy95 | 5 marts 2020

Do you think they don't have the right to communicate in this forum? Because I never saw any of them here either.
https://tweakbox.mobi/ https://wordcounter.onl/