Forums

"Failed to Turn on Climate"

"Failed to Turn on Climate"

I started having this issue this week where climate fails to initiate from the mobile application. I live in Colorado and this week has been colder than normal, in the teens and low 20's. In the app I'll attempt to turn on the climate and pre-heat the car when the car is plugged in and I'll get the error "Failed to Turn on Climate". Has anyone else seen this issue? I have a 2018 Model S with the v2.5 hardware.

NKYTA | 6 februar 2020

Not seen that one.

I'd kill and reload the app, and reboot the car, for starters.

GregH2018 | 6 februar 2020

I did do all the above(restart car, resinstall app, logout/login app) with no success. If I drive the car while it's cold, then come back to the garage and plug it in, the remote climate control works, but after the car's been sitting for an hour or more the climate control refuses to work. I noticed it with the 2019.40.50.7 software version, and its happening with the 2020.4.1 version as well.

ctike | 7 februar 2020

I encountered the same problem. It does not work in my home, but it has worked in other places. I think it may have to do with the wi-fi strength .

dorianr1 | 7 februar 2020

Having same issues. I recently had Homelink installed, Maybe a coincidence, but did anyone else lose climate control after Homelink install?

BestX | 8 februar 2020

I started having this issue with my X a few weeks ago. Works intermittently. Booked a service appointment. Prior to the appointment, was advised by the service team that the failed climate is a current known characteristic of firmware on my vehicle, that their engineers are working on a resolution that will be made available in future updates.

plusplusjames | 11 februar 2020

I've had this happen a few times. I retried and got the climate to come on (usually). Seems signal related to me.

garybixler | 20 februar 2020

It's a software bug. Started for me after 2020.4.1. If I leave the drivers side door open, MCU on it works fine from APP or third party software. Close the door, MCU off and it stops working. Also the climate controls like keep on, dog mode , etc no longer work at all, MCU on or off.. I have the MCU1 so not sure if that may be related.

Bighorn | 20 februar 2020

The two situations I've encountered are when both devices (phone and car) don't have communication to their respective networks and when the MCU died.

patyoung | 27 marts 2020

Same issue here, they sent a repair estimate that said they want to replace the Actuator-Inlet for $170 but it doesn't sound like that will actually fully resolve the issue so I'm not sure why I'd want to go ahead with that.

patyoung | 27 marts 2020

Same issue here, they sent a repair estimate that said they want to replace the Actuator-Inlet for $170 but it doesn't sound like that will actually fully resolve the issue so I'm not sure why I'd want to go ahead with that.

Thoptv App | 27 marts 2020

I read this article! I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone! Thank you https://thoptv-apk.com/

Prames | 2 april 2020

I had the same problem starting last fall. Service center said it's a software bug. Someone in this forum (don't remember who, different thread) said he left his car unused for 3 weeks, and when it got back it had fixed itself. I didn't think much of it at the time, expecting it to come back since it's intermittent.

BUT: I went on a trip in early February, and left my car unused for about 10 days. I made a point of not "checking" on the car with the mobile app during that time. After getting back, it has NEVER happened again! To be fair, it's been generally warmer of course but there were plenty of cold days after.