Forums

AC turns on automatically

AC turns on automatically

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior. I’m sitting in my model 3 waiting for my wife to get some stuff from her office. I put on YouTube and the AC turns on automatically. There’s no way to turn it off while in (entertainment). Once I quit YT and get out of entertainment mode I can turn off the AC like normal but soon as I go back to YouTube or Netflix it goes back on. I don’t remember that being the case before. Anyone else notice this? Seems like a bug in this newer firmware.

DiminishedSeventh | 20 marts 2020

Weird. Can you turn it off from the app?

FISHEV | 20 marts 2020

"There’s no way to turn it off while in (entertainment)"

Tesla controls are odd in that when you open up the HVAC controls it turns on vs. letting you decide what to do.

is the control greyed out? I can turn it off while charging but don't use the entertainment, just bring my iPad.

WW_spb | 20 marts 2020

Seems like a safety feature if you left your kids in the car watching something to keep them alive and well.
FYI
Fish is an idiot and known hater Troll

M3phan | 20 marts 2020

I second the suggestion from @DiminishedSeventh.

bjrosen | 20 marts 2020

Try giving it a voice command to turn the AC off

joseph_millard17 | 25 marts 2020

OP when I get my Model 3 tomorrow I will try to figure out a way to adjust the climate while actively in entertainment mode.

Also FISHEV go away, everyone here knows you are full of junk.

andy.connor.e | 25 marts 2020

If you cant control it via the screen, control it from your phone app.

jianwenvong | 5 maj 2020

I have the same issue. Sometimes when I have not used the car for hours or even days, I walked in the garage and noticed that A/C is on. Even more lately with all of us staying at home, I put the car outside and it turns on all the time. Was it because it was too hot inside? I always have to use the cell APP to unlock and lock the car, then turn on the fan and then turn it off for the car to stop having A/C on.