Forums

Sterilizing a Model 3

Sterilizing a Model 3

Both my wife and I presumably have Covid-19 and seem to be on the mend. Contrary to what many believe, the virus is NOT mild -- unless one considers a fever of 103, vomiting, etc "mild" We have had to use our Model 3 while sick so I was wondering if anyone has experience with cleaning materials that kill viruses for the interior of the Model 3?

Be safe, Be healthy, Practice social distancing!

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 23 marts 2020

If I thought you were serious, the appropriate entity in that discussion would be "anyone," not "they"

andy.connor.e | 23 marts 2020

Which of you feels they are on trial? This is so ridiculous

"Fear and panic brings out the worst. We have Maxxer going with racial attacks and now Joshan trying to spread fear and panic with lies."

And then theres you. Welcome to comments page #3. We are almost there.

Magic 8 Ball | 23 marts 2020

More than one word. "they won't test anyone" is four words.

We have the always fun "they". We have won't (a negative), and we have anyone and exaggeration which is a lie.

Yes there is me, providing facts and truth.

vmulla | 23 marts 2020

Joshan | March 23, 2020
Like i said, he is focusing on one word and ignoring everything else said. Know anyone else who does that here?
——

This isn’t a first for @M8B :))
Want a few other examples?

@vmulla Just in time to shitstorm and take away from important information I provided that can help people get tested and possibly save their life. GFY.

+1 @Joshan @vmulla

The one worder strikes again. I know someone who is like that and thats why everything is a 4 page long argument.

"I know someone who is like that and thats why everything is a 4 page long argument."

You LIE! This is only a 3 page argument!
:)

For those that want to get tested in the Bay Area they are testing for free in Hayward, CA. No residency or anything like that required.

The truth is out there. Those in a panic, for some reason, wish to suppress the truth.

I see some are trying to make fun of the bickering but truth is important.

Hyperbole coming from panic is not.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

The Center is outfitted with enough kits to test up to 350 people a day...

Yes. If you're in or around Hayward, CA and have a fever, you might be able to get tested (up to 370 people per day). Good tip, and it should have been left at that.

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

5 out of 6 turned away from “unrestricted” Haywood testing site. You need to have a fever.
https://abc7news.com/health/massive-line-for-newly-opened-covid-19-testi...

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

Hayward

@MAB

The lie is that this is not over yet. The spreading has only just begun

Yes, they are testing some and performing "triage" to see who the priority cases are for getting the available tests.

They are testing some (I never said they are testing everyone) and the statement: "they won't test anyone" is false.

Can =/= Will

Wilber | 23 marts 2020

Joshan - just wanted to say i really sympathize with you in your extremely difficult situation. I wish i could recommend some kind of solution. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and family!

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

I guess the pleas from higher up that tests be reserved for inpatients doesn’t get heeded in Hayward.

Up to you, you can listen to the guy who says "they won't test anyone" or listen to the guy that provides information where you can get tested.

Trying to get tested is better than not trying.

you are incredibly similar to the way one of my old friends acts. you're hypersensitive to words, and are incapable of moving yourself forward if there is an improperly used word in a sentence. In which, you're the only one that got torn apart from it. No one but you is saying that Joshan was saying what you are insisting.

Have we found the problem yet? I did.

Higher ups are free to mandate and put in penalties if they are serious.

Not that anyones perception or interpretation of what was said is inherently wrong, but it would be wise to recognize you are alone with your interpretation. You're the one making it a big deal, as no one but you seems to have shared that interpretation that you are still drilling into now page #3.

Higher ups allowed people in quarantine into the general population without testing. Testing was available but they allowed people to refuse testing.

Yes I am dispelling the lie that "they will not test anyone" and providing a place where you can, not necessarily will, get tested.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

thanks M8B that is so helpful. I will tell my son to hop into the car with his 104 fever and immediately drive to Hayward Cali. Should only take about 3 days, than hopefully he is one of the first 350. At that time he can drive back to Chicago with his results and hand them to his wife (about 7 days now with a 104 fever doing this). Problem solved... wow I feel dumb now.

Up to you, no test or a chance to get a test.

I know what I would do.

First quick check on a private flight from Chicago to Oakland, tomorrow, is about 22K.

Up to you.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

You think he is making it a plane with a 104 temp? Not at O'Hare. I had to get my temp taken last week to fly. Any fever = no board.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

I did catch the 22k humor though

BTW, I mean this sincerely, I will do everything I can to accommodate while in town. I will come to the airport and let them have a vehicle as long as they need it. Unfortunately no place to stay but I would work on that for them.

Apparently you do not understand no domestic travel restrictions and "private" charter.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

If I was a real ass, I would make him a fake doc saying he is clear. But I do not want to put others at risk. I used to be a designer would be pretty easy to fake if I found one to scan and edit.

Again, I would NEVER do that, just joking since that is where this thread is going (which is better than arguing)

You do not need fake docs for a private domestic charter.

Noble of you to not put others at risk, maybe try calling some of the private charter companies and see how they feel and what their policies are. Once here they can just do what the rest of us are doing and keep their distance.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

Got 22k to loan me? /s

So this is funny to you now?

it was funny since comment #30

People driving a Tesla and they can't come up with 22K for family health emergency. Sad.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

he is mad as no one will argue with him :)

bryan.whitton | 23 marts 2020

This whole thread is BS. The real reason all of this is happening is because we have an incompetent idiot for a president. His denial of all of this as a Democrat hoax delayed everything. His not wanting to support wide spread testing is to minimize responsibility in the destruction of the economy and livelihood of its citizens.
He reduced the effectiveness of the CDC and we are now seeing the results. I am sorry for the situation but this could have been foreseen. When you have leadership like this it is inevitable that we are going to run into the rocks on the shore. Anyone but tRump in November.

yudansha™ | 23 marts 2020

I’m pretty sure whoever is one word in this instance, “...who ever he was addressing cannot...”

If referring to me I am not mad at all, just disgusted that someone, during a time like this, would say:

"They won't test anyone,..."

A message of despair coming from panic, and then wasting time here instead of making a search for tests and care a full time occupation.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

bryan.whitton got all of that one... it is out of the park.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

he is pulling quotes from page #1 and we are page #3. /boggle

The classic downplay of the panicer.

The sky is falling, my family is ill, I can't get help.

Trump sucks.

Get off the forum and go into commando mode and get your family well.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

durrrr

The plea from the sick son:

I am sick but my dad won't help me because he spends all day arguing on the internet instead of beating bushes to find help.

lol this guy is talking about pulling 22k out of your ass for getting sick. thats very good advice.

How much is "sick" or "dead" worth?

It’s official; this is the most insane thread I’ve read here, and that includes when fish said tesla cars can dump the full specified power capability of the motors into battery heat.

what are you doing wasting twenty two thousand dollars getting tested for a sickness? If its life or death go to the god damn hospital. More awesome advice from 8 balls. You're sure to have someone bankrupt themselves panicking.

Pages