Forums

Sterilizing a Model 3

Sterilizing a Model 3

Both my wife and I presumably have Covid-19 and seem to be on the mend. Contrary to what many believe, the virus is NOT mild -- unless one considers a fever of 103, vomiting, etc "mild" We have had to use our Model 3 while sick so I was wondering if anyone has experience with cleaning materials that kill viruses for the interior of the Model 3?

Be safe, Be healthy, Practice social distancing!

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

Its the damn twilight zone... I thought I would share a personal story about my life and ended up getting attacked because the grammar nazi did not like the way I worded something and ignored the entire substance of the actual issue.

Than I get told if I cared I would spend 22 thousand dollars to charter a plane to California? Ya twlight zone...

andy.connor.e | 23 marts 2020

yes its very good advice. you should panic about the disease and spend twenty two thousand dollars getting tested so that you know you have it. Rather than if its life or death situation, go to the hospital and have your insurance take care of it because thats why we have it.

You should fly first class and make it sixty thousand dollars.

And remember, you can definitely afford the twenty two thousand dollars, because you bought a model 3.

More genius statements from magic balls.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 23 marts 2020

Be sure to schedule that flight so that you son's fever doesn't break precisely when he makes it through the line. Also, don't forget he'll have to get back home.

Magic 8 Ball | 23 marts 2020

Plea from a sick son:

My dad spends all day on the internet arguing instead of beating bushes to find help.

NorthValley | 23 marts 2020

M8B, I can only assume you are an old man that likely came from a unionized shop floor environment or perhaps junior management back in the 60's? Your approach to everything is so black and white. You see no nuances. You understand nothing about human nature and yet you seemingly believe you are always right. Take the opportunity for some humility and learning and stop dissecting each post word for word. You remind me of Basil Fawlty.

Basil had good intentions, LOL, great show.

I was in two unions, I don't like unions. Nope not everything is black and white to me but I do not like liars, especially on the web, saying things that are untrue and many cause people to throw their arms in the air with despair. I know plenty about human nature and it is completely confounding to me to read a post from a father with a sick son spending time and lying here instead of making a full time occupation out of beating bushes to get help.

The insincerity of the follow up posts are particularly troubling.

"Plea from a sick son: My dad spends all day on the internet arguing instead of beating bushes to find help."

Three assertions there (son plead for help, dad spends all day on internet arguing, dad isn't trying to help).

There is zero evidence of any of those assertions.So much for facts and truth.

There is no try only do.

@M8B...you see lying, we see a grammatical error. We both know what he meant. Testing is very difficult to come by, everyone knows this. There is no need to be tested. If you are very ill then go to hospital now. If you aren't too ill then stay at home. It doesn't matter if its Covid-19 or not. Assume it is. A test will not make me better. Again, hospital if very ill or stay at home if manageable.

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

M8B
Just to clarify since you seem widely disdained, are you still curating a character or representing your former self, douwe, an actual human.

Oh, I see you are trying to redefine "what he meant" to suit your narrative, how quaint.

At 104 temperature I see a huge need for his son to be tested. I agree his son should go to hospital.

Tests are not about YOU, they are about society.

Bighorn, sorry to see you are on the wrong side of this. I am the only person in this thread that has sincerely offered help to the father of his sick son. You are being OBTUSE (remember that one?).

Oh and just to clarify, who are these "higher ups" that are not taking measures to prevent the good folks in Hayward, CA from testing people that think they should be tested?

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

I really didn;t want to get into this further, but you are NOT supposed to go to the hospital if you think you have Covid19 you have to call, big signs at every door.

Called the hospital, they told him he had to call the dept of health hotline.

Called the dept of health they told him he had to call his primary car physician.

Call primary care physician, he sad he had to call the hsopital.

rinse and repeat for 2 days. We we finally would not give up, they state they will not test him as he is only 22 and they need the test kits for more at risk people.

and for the 4th time now... this is not the main issue. The main issue is due to the baby doctor for his wife refusing to let her come in until he is tested. One hand is not aware of the other... Doctors should be in the know if anyone is.

FISHEV | 23 marts 2020

Guys...just delete the thread. It was dead man walking at the end of page 1.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

for the first time ever, Fish... I agree.

104 degree temperature = Emergency room visit.

Healthcare pros are all over map.

yudansha™ | 23 marts 2020

@FISHEV Better solution, start talking about range! :)

Maybe we can get our "top" healthcare pros on the forum: FISHEV, Maxxer, and Bighorn to tell everyone what to do.

Joshan | 23 marts 2020

lol, now he attacking bighorn too. Just trying to pick a fight with anyone who will reply it seems :)

yudansha™ | 23 marts 2020

Missed his meds today again...

Yah, my bad, defending myself against Bighorn's attack was an attack.

What happened to this world when you have Joshan, Bighorn, Maxxer, FISHEV trying to be "influencers"? SMH

sheldon.mike1010 | 23 marts 2020

Take advice only from your healthcare provider or the CDC for symptoms.
Pray that the 4 million tests that 'anyone can get' are available soon to all upon request, as promised repeatedly.
This is very simple: Not a lying politician or people posting in a car forum.

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

Simple point of information as I had/have zero interest interacting with someone playing a character. You said it, not me. Perhaps others need that epiphany if they were unaware and should act accordingly.

I see, you can call me Magic and leave it at that.

I had a bit of respect for you Bighorn but I am now just going to put you in with Maxxer and FISHEV.

Feel free to share your "higher ups" anytime and why they are not stopping the good folks in Hayward, CA from testing the GP.

NorthValley | March 23, 2020
@M8B...you see lying, we see a grammatical error. We both know what he meant.

I don’t even see grammatical error. It was something technically incorrect to demonstrate the general reality. Most people, at least so far, are denied testing. those who are not are exceptions which prove the rule.

Public announcement: No need to panic and rush out to buy TP. The great TP stampede begins

Public announcement: "uhhh YOU CANT!! They won't test anyone" Give up, don't try, it is hopeless.

sheldon.mike1010 | 23 marts 2020

Someone really needs their Xanax, like now.
Going on like a little high-school girl....

Bighorn | 23 marts 2020

Still cancelled.

"People who want to be tested will be screened for symptoms, and, importantly, must have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater to get tested, officials said, but that appears to be the only hurdle to clear.

“It’s for anybody, regardless of residency, you don’t have to live in the city of Hayward, you don’t have to be a citizen,” Capt. Don Nichelson of the Hayward Fire Department said Monday."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-testing-center-in-hay...

Local newscasters are broadcasting from home or staying far apart on TV.

"Leaders" of our country are standing side by side on TV (roll eyes).

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL YOU BE SATISFIED AT INFECTING AND KILLING BY GOING OUT FOR DRIVIES WHILE HAVING THE VIRUS?

"We have had to use our Model 3 while sick so": OP

M8B..."Oh, I see you are trying to redefine "what he meant" to suit your narrative, how quaint"

Wow, you just don't see it do you?

"At 104 temperature I see a huge need for his son to be tested. I agree his son should go to hospital.
Tests are not about YOU, they are about society"

Thanks for getting this bit at least! Yes hospital if he is that ill as I have said all along. Let the Doctors decide if and what tests need to be made. Got Fever? As I repeated at least twice...assume you DO have Covid-19 and act accordingly. Very ill? Go to hospital. Manageable symptoms? Stay isolated. It isn't that hard.

@Ross...don't jump to conclusions...perhaps they have to get meds or visit hospital...don't read it as though it was a joyride while the sun was shining!

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

SO SACRIFICE THE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW FOR THE ONES YOU DO

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

I actually didnt conclude, I asked a legit question.
...which begs the question: should anyone leave their house to get tested even?

@Ross...maybe THEY had to go to emergency for themselves? You gave no idea why they did what they did. Don’t think otherwise!

Gave=have

@Ross... not unless they begin taking a turn for the worse...if symptoms become unmanageable for them. That’s the guideline.

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

What does "stay inside" mean for people whose first language is English?

"Thanks for getting this bit at least! Yes hospital if he is that ill as I have said all along."

Has been my message the whole time, 104 is dangerous; criteria for testing in Hayward is 100.4 or greater. He is being given the run around (call doctor, call hospital, call doctor) that is unacceptable, get to the ER. Instead he is listening and abiding by the run a round.

My wife had open chest surgery last year at a leading hospital for the procedure. I saw the shitshow leading medical professionals can put on.

You have to be YOUR own best advocate.

"I actually didnt conclude, I asked a legit question.
...which begs the question: should anyone leave their house to get tested even?"

There are no consistent answers or leadership by example. I have a bit of risk making decision I have to make. One of my dogs has to get a shot every month or she will die. I have to go to the vet to get this done.

"Essential" or not?

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

not. It is a dog putting multiple humans to death,your decision, sacrifice people you dont know for a terminally ill dog

Ross1 | 23 marts 2020

That is what ambulances are for. Do you have ambulances in USA?

vmulla | 23 marts 2020

Here's what I know. If someone is sick with symptoms and would like to get tested they need a primary care physician to write a note requesting the test. Unless the PCP is making a house call the patient has to travel to a medical facility, so out goes the guideline to stay inside.
How do I know this? My wife visited her PCP earlier today, we did our research and prepped for a situation if at all the family required quarantine. It was determined to be strep-throat so there were no further steps related to coronavirus.
I think the 'stay inside' is good first level guidance, there are physicians' advice and other directives that would override the guidance based on the situation.

Dog is not terminally ill, it just needs a shot for something a gland cannot produce. Are all diabetics terminally ill in your playbook?

I think it is the vet's decision also, he is open for business. I love my dogs and have spent more on them than my Tesla.

I am not going to argue for or against (I am taking her in) but am interested in the input of others. I promise not to get into it over this and thanks for your opinion.

"Oh, I see you are trying to redefine "what he meant" to suit your narrative, how quaint."

No dude. You're the only one that thinks he said it they way you're RRREEEEEEE'ing about it.

Pages