Forums

Email Confirmation For Reservation

Email Confirmation For Reservation

How long does it take to receive the email confirmation? It's been 2 hours so far since I signed up and no email yet. $1000 reservation fee has been transacted on my credit card.

Captain_Zap | 31 marts 2016

A day or two is the latest word.

kseehafer | 31 marts 2016

Same for me, and I reserved about 3 1/2 hours ago. I think we'll be fine. It's a very good thing that they are swamped!!

danCE | 31 marts 2016

When I made my reservation, they told me it would be within 24 hours.

alnrench2 | 31 marts 2016

I found confirmation on "MyTesla" page...above my Model S serial number....it says Model 3, and has the letters RN followed by 9 numbers

pers1 | 31 marts 2016

TM3 - Reserved 31/3 2016 it took about an hour before the reservation came up in mytesla page
PerS

yannicmethot | 31 marts 2016

I received the email right after the reservation. (Tesla store in Montreal)

Reli | 31 marts 2016

yes I received the email within 20 minutes, also my RN#

diegoPasadena | 31 marts 2016

My reservation was made an hour and a half ago. So far nothing, but the credit card shows a pending charge of $2000 - because I reserved two of them.

Hessjason | 31 marts 2016

made mine about 4 hours ago and no email yet. I called the store I reserved at and they said maybe this evening. Seems as more of the US lit up, we swamped the tesla processing servers.

danCE | 31 marts 2016

My guess is that sending the confirmation email is part of the same process as showing the reservation on the My Tesla page. So assuming there wasn't a typo in my email address, I'll wait to see when the email arrives and then check online.

Haggy | 31 marts 2016

I haven't gotten an email and there's nothing on My Tesla page. I'm beginning to think people were lying to me back in the mainframe days when they said PCs would take over and would be able to handle everything just as well.

HWF | 31 marts 2016

I don't have a "MY TESLA" page. Is that because I don't own a TESLA?

danCE | 31 marts 2016

HWF - on the login page, you can create an account. Be sure to use the same email address you used when you made the reservation this morning. Then, either immediately or soon, your reservation should appear.

VicF | 31 marts 2016

Reserved at Rocklin a little over 3 hours ago, no email, nothing on My Tesla page but I am new customer. My guess is background processes may take a while to catch up.

HWF | 31 marts 2016

danCE - Thanks very much. As it turns out, I already had registered (must have been a long while ago), and my RN number is there, staring me in the face. Now I just have to make sure I stay awake for the reveal, at 11:30pm EDT.

archvillain | 31 marts 2016

Ugh. I haven't received the email, so I tried to change the email address on my account here to the one I reserved under. It threw up an error because that address was already in use.
So I tried to create an account for that email address. It said that the address was already in use.
So I tried to log in under that address. It said I didn't have the credentials (I've never set a password)
So I tried to change the password... and it said that address is not in use!

Ugh.

archvillain | 31 marts 2016

Ugh. I haven't received the email, so I tried to change the email address on my account here to the one I reserved under. It threw up an error because that address was already in use.
So I tried to create an account for that email address. It said that the address was already in use.
So I tried to log in under that address. It said I didn't have the credentials (I've never set a password)
So I tried to change the password... and it said that address is not in use!

Ugh.

Captain_Zap | 31 marts 2016

@archvillain

I had a similar problem. Then I waited and used the e-mail link when it arrived and all was well.

mastermold | 31 marts 2016

Where do u see your RN number?

georgehawley.fl.us | 31 marts 2016

I spoke with a Tesla manager this AM who placed a reservation last week and still hasn't gotten the email.
I see that the reservation has been added to the My Tesla page where I now have a reservation number that is a little less than infinity. I have to believe that my actual sequence number is in some table associated with my RN.

georgehawley.fl.us | 31 marts 2016

Maybe RN stands for random number.:-))

olanmills | 31 marts 2016

Yeah I thought I saw screenshots on some forum of some one's My Tesla page showing the reservations. I made a reservation for two Model 3's about three hours ago and I don't see anything on my My Tesla page, no email confirmation, and no credit card charge. My My Tesla page just shows info about my Model S.

bj | 31 marts 2016

I received my reservation email the same minute as the reservation was done instore. But that was 27 hours ago in Sydney. As the first store in the world to open on March 31, I guess the Tesla servers were pretty quiet then (and the main reason I lined up rather than take my chances with an online reservation later today!)

Haggy | 31 marts 2016

RN stands for Richard Nixon. You can't trust the guy. I'm still waiting for the email and the online confirmation, but I did check the credit card issuer's website this morning and the charge was there.

dannieboiz | 31 marts 2016

they said give them 24hours due to the high volume and was told the charges are immediate. Did mine 6 hours ago and nothing yet.

hsadler | 31 marts 2016

Patience Grasshopper. This will be the first of many tests of your patience.

Qball | 31 marts 2016

Been 12 hours and no email, no RN number...

Salagubang | 31 marts 2016

Patience is a virtue that every Tesla owners and future owners must possess :-)

Haggy | 31 marts 2016

At this point, I have way too long a wait to speculate, and typically you don't find out anything between this sort of thing and when the car is unveiled, but I think Musk has other ideas.

In the mean time, I'll patiently await the next software upgrade for the S.

kkramer1990 | 31 marts 2016

14 hours, no email. Oh well i'll check in the morning. My card was charged and I got my reservation done at 10:01. So I know i'm in the system

pabs333 | 1 april 2016

I've heard nothing

pabs333 | 1 april 2016

I've heard nothing

Matthew.cully | 1 april 2016

I've heard nothing. Submitted deposit at 10:27 ET

tesla2 | 1 april 2016

Put down deposit 11am EST yesterday, no email confirmation yet but after creating an account here with the same email address as I put down when making the deposit I see my RN under MyTesla. Not a previous Tesla owner either. YMMV

eric.lipman | 1 april 2016

Reserved online last night. No email, nothing on My Tesla page, but have a pending credit card charge. So at least they've got my money, which is clearly the important part . . .

cwelman | 1 april 2016

9 hours since my CC was charged. No confirmation e-mail yet, and no RN on My Tesla page.

This is not a good first experience!

dd.micsol | 1 april 2016

I ordered at 11:39am in Mass. Still no email confirm. Not that worried as the app said thank you. I have the time stamp of the cc charge if it becomes an issue. I think Elon will invest a lot more into getting more model 3 lines ready in the factory. I called last night and they said it might be 36hrs before you get your email. If all you data is in their system-meaning you already have a tesla-it's quicker, but still slow. Their IT dept. is learning. Kudos to Tesla and model 3 unveiling. BTW Elon-what was the perk you were talking about yesterday for people who waited in line for hrs and drove 3 hrs each way? I didn't get the perk part of his tweet.

jaycincotta | 1 april 2016

I'm very relieved to read that others are experiencing this same problem. I don't mind a delayed confirmation email since it is probably due to the thousands of eager fans swamping the server. I just want to know that I have my place in line to get a Model 3.

xy2uxy2u | 1 april 2016

cwelman | April 1, 2016
9 hours since my CC was charged. No confirmation e-mail yet, and no RN on My Tesla page.

SAME here

awgibson93 | 1 april 2016

Ordered mine this morning. Card got charged instantly but no email yet. I think they're just swamped right now.

PBEndo | 1 april 2016

I reserved two at 10a EST, received email around 11:15a EST, didn't get RN's on My Tesla until this morning.

DallasTG | 1 april 2016

No confirmation of order ( 10:45PM CST unveil day) save the credit card charge.

mrjedistud | 1 april 2016

Mytesla page now has my RN. No confirm email though.

upsboise | 1 april 2016

No email confirm or RN# yet and I submitted my $1,000 online just as the site went live for reservations last night (8:28pm MST). Charge went right on the credit card, so it should be fine. Would have been nice to have seen at least an auto reply of "thank you" or something.

justin.hawkins | 1 april 2016

No email or RN. Reserved at 8:30 PDT

mohammadfaisalshamsi | 1 april 2016

No confirmation email yet, reserved online @ 12:05 AM EST. Credit card charged

mohammadfaisalshamsi | 1 april 2016

No confirmation email yet, reserved online @ 12:05 AM EST. Credit card charged

weluvm3 | 1 april 2016

No email, but my reservation is in mytesla page now. No worries. And the car looks amazing!

alexanmh | 1 april 2016

Same experience - deposit last night, CC charged but no confirmation e-mail. Just have to wait.

gabriellevivian | 1 april 2016

No email confirmation here either - ordered right at 10:31pm here in MD. We have an S already and there was no place when registering to input that information. How do they know then to bump an existing owner up on the list?

Pages