Forums

75D: Your rear spoiler will be Fixed in the Up position.

75D: Your rear spoiler will be Fixed in the Up position.

75D: Your wing will be Fixed in the Up position.
No clue if it will be welded or just in the up position. Lots of funky stuff will be caught in the area it retracts. I am hoping they smooth the dirt trap area.

jpcompetello | 8 maj 2016

Where did this info come from? First I have heard of it. Does the 90D get so-called active and the 75D the fixed wing? Is that the idea? Changes every day,no?

wang5150 | 8 maj 2016

Yep, I knew the spoiler would be fixed for 70D (now 75D) when I reserved and originally, only P90Ds would get active spoilers, but seems like all 90Ds are getting them. This is no different than other cars with fixed spoilers already out there.

lilbean | 8 maj 2016

Oh, you're talking about the spoiler. When I read wing, I thought of the door.

wang5150 | 8 maj 2016

Locking S foils in attack position...

Polybius | 9 maj 2016

Sorry, Yes the Spoiler. It is Fixed in the UP position.

wallstguy | 9 maj 2016

When the car is off it will still be retracted

Polybius | 9 maj 2016

@singh.urdeep No, It is Fixed in the Up position. As in Welded or bolted in the Up position.

carlk | 9 maj 2016

@lilbean lol...

pvetesla | 9 maj 2016

@Kris.
Where did you get this info?

Polybius | 9 maj 2016

Multiple Reps @ tesla

wallstguy | 9 maj 2016

@Kris, my information is from various reps within the Tesla as well. They have stated it won't be active, but it will have 2 positions: "Up", and "Retracted"

Maazisrock | 9 maj 2016

It will not stay up when parked or turned off. It will retract down. It just won't move up and down while driving.

IZSMM | 9 maj 2016

What if I want to take my MX75D to a car wash..... oh sh-t.... I shouldn't have mentioned that.......... how do you edit comments?? ;-)

Polybius | 9 maj 2016

They specifically told me it will have one state: Fixed UP. I specifically told them that was crazy.

wallstguy | 9 maj 2016

There probably was some sort of misunderstanding and they meant it will stay up in one position when driving

wallstguy | 9 maj 2016

There probably was some sort of misunderstanding and they meant it will stay up in one position when driving

Neige | 9 maj 2016

Multiple sources also told me the 90D's would have fixed spoilers. All were wrong.

travwill | 1 september 2016

This seems like it turned out ok. The fixed spoilers are completely nice looking with painted raisers, no gaps for anything to get into, and look fine.

jestah | 2 september 2016

All of the recent brand new 90Ds I have seen all have the painted fixed spoilers, not sure what VIN cut-off is for the 90Ds that got the freebie retractable

hami05 | 2 september 2016

@jestah I'd say only the first 2000 or less 90D's off the line got the spoiler. Only because Tesla was cranking out thousands of P90D's first and wanted to streamline the process.

hami05 | 2 september 2016

I've got the 75D and obviously have the fixed spoiler. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way. I just really would rather have my spoiler up when parked than down and that's about the only difference you really notice in the spoilers. The only ones I've seen were white and blue painted spoilers, and those both looked amazing.