Forums

I have invented a new tire.

I have invented a new tire.

Picture the current passenger car tire. With my invention, instead of a circle, imagine a polygon with corners. The corners "bite" into the road, increasing grip, while reducing accidents.

You might think of my new tire as having a bumpy ride, but I have designed it with an infinite number of corners...

How do I sell my idea to Elon?

J.T. | 11 april 2017

Show a video of it on the Brooklyn Bridge and perhaps you can have a twofer. The tire and the bridge.

Frank99 | 11 april 2017

>>>How do I sell my idea to Elon?
Probably the same way you'd sell him a revolutionary new battey that you've invented - send him samples for testing.
You might have a problem with that, as trying to machine an infinite number of faces on the mold used to make the tire will be cost prohibitive in prototype quantities. Perhaps start with a deep-pocketed angel investor.

DTsea | 11 april 2017

infinite number of corners..... that is hilarious!

Tropopause | 11 april 2017

Rule number one about corners:

Three rights turns equals a left!

Tropopause | 11 april 2017

Rule number two about corners:

Never turn a corner because the corner is already turned.

EcLectric | 11 april 2017

Yes, that's all very well, but how does this new tire provide us with infinite free energy?

David N | 11 april 2017

"How do I sell my idea to Elon?"
Now that's funny!

Remnant | 11 april 2017

@djharrington (OP, April 11, 2017)

<< I have invented a new tire, ... with an infinite number of corners... >>

This means that you must specify the Treadwear, Traction, and Temperature grades of your new tire in accordance with NHTSA's Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Standards.

Check:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=48

djharrington | 11 april 2017

I think while I'm pitching my infinite corner tire idea to Elon, I just heard he's having parking space issues. I'll bundle in my car-elevator-parking structure: you get out of your car at ground level, elevator takes it up a couple miles, end of day you take elevator up and regen all the way down.

If only I had invented a way to improve frontal crash forces, that would be the trifecta ;)

RedShift | 11 april 2017

I will tell you the same thing I tell my seven year old son : infinity is a concept, not a number.

NKYTA | 11 april 2017

"Hyperreal" !

djharrington | 12 april 2017

Redshift: what do you get when you start with a square, and then keep adding corners between existing corners (and setting all corner angles the same every time), infinitely?

ulrichard | 12 april 2017

I assume that producing a mold with an infinite number of corners will take an infinite amount of time to produce...

RedShift | 12 april 2017

@djharrington

Something that never finishes.

Silver2K | 12 april 2017

Don't current tires have infinite corners now? You know, tread

djharrington | 12 april 2017

I should have put a wink in the OP for some. This was my failed satire of the frontal crash invention post.

RedShift | 12 april 2017

@dj

Me too. I was yanking your chain. What, you don't think I got that a square turns into a circle! Pooh! :-)

Btw you should talk to Chuck Norris for expertise in infinity. I hear he counted to infinity twice.

Fast Girl | 12 april 2017

Well, I got the hint, Harrington. Yet, some seem to have taken you seriously.

Nexxus | 13 april 2017

@Redshift,

No, that was Buzz Lightyear. To infinity and beyond!

Nexxus | 13 april 2017

:)

Ross1 | 13 april 2017

You are a rude lot! :)

The OP has a FAQ.
Little I know, but the first time you want to pitch an idea, get a professional agent. He will listen to you, tell you if it will fly, and if so will introduce your idea thru his accepted and usual channels. They might want to make some % off your idea, but it could open the door for you.

djharrington | 13 april 2017

Ross, that leads to a point that I regularly find entertaining: when people genuinely think they have a novel idea and start by posting it to a public forum. Whoops. Luckily, the ideas aren't usually worth anything (that I've seen so far), so it doesn't really matter.

RedShift | 30 maj 2017

I wonder what happened to this concept.

McLary | 31 maj 2017

Obviously it turned the corner........

mntlvr23 | 31 maj 2017

It didn't get any traction ;)

georgehawley.fl.us | 31 maj 2017

@dj: maybe you should retire.

brando | 31 maj 2017

yeah, Elon should re-invent tires. ;-}