Forums

Non-employee delivery starting next Monday 12/11/17

Non-employee delivery starting next Monday 12/11/17

Carl Thompson | 7 december 2017

I'll believe it when someone reports they have their car.

Bluesday Afternoon | 7 december 2017

I’m game! Let’s get this show on the road!

up north | 7 december 2017

Yea.

weluvm3 | 7 december 2017

So, hopefully, this Monday we will learn what the mysterious "Special Gift" for standing in line is?

TeslaTap.com | 7 december 2017

Special gift was the Model 3 rendering sent out over a year ago. Didn't you get it?

Musk sent out additional Tweet after that apparently referring to a "Special Gift" for people who stood in line.

95dawg | 7 december 2017

Good news indeed.

Haggy | 7 december 2017

Tesla never made it clear what was meant by the special gift and it was assumed that the rendering was at least part of it, but possibly not all of it. I don't know if it was exclusive to those who waited in line, but "special" is a relative term. It might be special if nobody else got it, but it's not special compared to what I've gotten with other cars.

SamO | 7 december 2017

Special is configuring and finalizing an order. In 2017.

A giant hug to everyone waiting on the list. I'm offering rides.

Soon!

ReD eXiLe ms us | 7 december 2017

Congratulations to all who get their cars this year!

All Naysayers who have continually sworn that 'NO ONE' would receive their Model 3 prior to January 2019...? Please, just STFU.

@ReD eXiLe ms us:
"All Naysayers who have continually sworn that 'NO ONE' would receive their Model 3 prior to January 2019...?"

What naysayers said that?

burdogg | 7 december 2017

@Carl - you have been around the forums enough to know. There are many, especially when the date shift was only 1 month (from Oct-Dec, moved to Nov-Jan) there were all kinds of posts about how there is no way Tesla was going to deliver cars in Dec with the rate they were going. I am not going to go digging for them, but they do exist, and for how long you have been around, I am surprised you don't know what ReD is referring to.

He is also probably referring to all those when the Model 3 was first revealed that there wouldn't be any before the end of 2017.

3dwin | 7 december 2017

What? What? What? Omg omg the wait can maybe be over? Ive realized ive been in a kind of mini depresion of sorts waiting. Lol I sold my Bmw 328i about 4 months ago. Been driving old toyota truck just to get me by. But... still only ordering standard range so I might still have a bit of a wait.

KP in NPT | 7 december 2017

@Carl I think Red meant January 2018, not 19.

3dwin | 7 december 2017

I hope Carl Thompson get his car first to be honest. Youve given us good insight and feedback. Ive aprreciated your commentary. Cant wait to follow your comments once you actually get your car. If you got an instagram or twitter would love to follow.

3dwin | 7 december 2017

I get the feeling Elon is a bit like trump woth his twitter. He will tweet on the wim without consulting the appropriate Tesla personnel ahead of time. Then company has to figure out what “special gift” to give people that stood in line. But with that said I think Elon is great and I love how he shows how much he appreciated all of us that lined up to reserve.

SamO | 7 december 2017

@3dwin,

Follow the first coast to coast in a Model S60.

https://twitter.com/TeslaMS60/status/938849276939067392

@KP:
"@Carl I think Red meant January 2018, not 19."

Perhaps. But either way I don't remember anyone here saying _no one_ would get their cars before 2018 or 2019. I remember @ReD complaining about naysayers who said it on many occasions but I don't remember anyone actually saying it. So I was hoping someone could point out an example of it to justify @ReD's complaints.

On the other hand people _have_ said that Tesla would be delayed and wouldn't be able to meet their production ramp numbers but that's different (and those people were correct).

I thought we've known since July that at least *somebody* got their Model 3 in 2017.

@3dwin:
"I hope Carl Thompson get his car first to be honest."

I would love it but because I'm not already a Tesla owner I know I'll have to wait. I should be very near the beginning of the line for non-owners, though. For sure I will order within 5 minutes of seeing the invite in my inbox!

@Carl I'm in the same boat as you.

And. who's to say, perhaps once the owners get theirs, maybe they will go back to delivering to Employees again?

Here you go, one of many articles, but I won't waste my time on pointless stuff, because those of us that have cared, have known the industry was very negative, Tesla can't do it in 2017 type.

"3. Tesla Has a Poor Track Record When It Comes to Meeting Deadlines
While doe-eyed buyers line up to hand over their deposit, they may not actually see their new cars for quite some time. Musk has predicted the first Model 3s will be delivered in December 2017 , but Tesla has often failed to meet its order deadlines. (Most notoriously, production of the Model X was delayed by nearly two years.)

"If the company has struggled to maintain punctual production when operating much like a boutique factory (to date, Tesla's factories have only produced 100,000 vehicles), then it seems highly unlikely that it'll be able to follow through on its promises for 2017 delivery. In fact, some sources predict many buyers may not see their Model 3s until as late as 2020." https://www.inc.com/kenny-kline/how-teslas-rush-to-ship-model-3-cars-wil...

That is just one of many, but hey, we all forget the past so fast.

As late as 2020! wow, so optimistic.

By the way that was April 21, 2016

Adanalhi | 7 december 2017

I’m seeing a lot of model 3’s delivered outside of CA, is this still for employees? Getting a little restless here, hoping I’d get it before Christmas.

@weluvm3:
"And. who's to say, perhaps once the owners get theirs, maybe they will go back to delivering to Employees again?"

I fear that may be the case. But if so well at least they'll have some time to iron out glitches before they get to my car.

Sorry, yet another naysayer:

"Tesla no doubt will face much higher expectations than it has in the past as it tries to satisfy a larger audience by transitioning from a luxury car purveyor to a mass-market automaker, and Brauer notes that it could be "well into 2018 or later" before customers have a Model 3 sitting in their carport."

"Stephanie Brinley, a senior analyst for IHS Automotive, also is uncertain whether Tesla will start deliveries of the Model 3 in late 2017 as promised. But she says the company has made progress addressing mistakes with previous cars and could apply those lessons when developing the Model 3."

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-04-11/can-tesla-deliver-on-its...

@burdogg

Thanks. I was thinking @ReD was talking about people on this forum. But I guess he was just talking about random people on the internet (where of course you can find people that say _anything_). But if @ReD was not talking about people here maybe he doesn't need to mention it here so much!

Yeah, i can't speak for ReD - but there are some naysayers here too :)

But those aren't random people on the internet - those are analysts and journalists, and many will "peek" into the forums to try to use as information to spread - trust me, there have been many times over the years, where a journalist has "used" a forum story to try to prove a point, leaving out vital info, or just slanting it to be worse, and not reference the forum even. There has been very shady "journalism" over the years with Tesla.

Coastal Cruiser. | 7 december 2017

As best I have it, Adam Jonas at Morgan Stanley is on track to come in with the closest estimate. He called for 2K deliveries by end of 2017.

@Carl

Don’t frickin’ rain on the parade! Embrace the sunlight and feel the warmth radiating from the Forum.

@long time Model 3 Forum participants

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but we shouldn’t have flagged the Eagle dude into vapors. His love for Bolt and digs at the Model 3 must have stated the extreme unlikely chance of a 2017 delivery wave.

I don't really see the point in pointing out that some people on the Internet doubted that Model 3's would ship prior to January 1st, 2017. That ship sailed months ago.

I remember that some people were doubtful that non-employees would receive their Model 3 in 2017. I admit I was one of those doubters. However, Tesla proved me wrong: but, then, it was always in their power to do so, since as long as they are capable of building at least *one* Model 3 before the end of the year, they can sell that car to whatever cohort they chose. Analysts, employees, former owners, other people who stood in line, etc. etc. So, whatever arbitrary milestone you set for them, as long as *one* car sold would be sufficient to achieve, then they can manipulate their shipment order to achieve it if they chose.

Not that I mind or "blame" them if they are going "out of order": it's always been somewhat arbitrary, anyway. They should (and will) sell and deliver their cars in whatever order they chose. Once they are building thousands per week, it won't matter anyway.

mntlvr23 | 7 december 2017

"I hope Carl Thompson get his car first to be honest. Youve given us good insight and feedback. Ive aprreciated your commentary. Cant wait to follow your comments once you actually get your car. If you got an instagram or twitter would love to follow."

I hope that Tesla makes a special exception for CT and keeps him in the manager's office for an extra 4 hours on pick-up day - and will only deliver the car to him if he agrees to pony up the money for the additional undercoating and fabric protection.

SamO | 7 december 2017

@mntlvr23,

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ReD eXiLe ms us | 7 december 2017

KP in NPT: I definitely meant 2019. This I know, because there were Naysayers claiming that 'NO ONE -- ANYWHERE' would get a Model 3 before 2020 for months AFTER Elon Musk said the Gigafactory was ahead of schedule, that they would triple the maximum output of the Gigafactory, and that Tesla was accelerating the rampup by two years. Naysayers kept pointing to the Model X, and saying Tesla is 'ALWAYS LATE' and forecast that if the Model 3 ~*ever*~ came out at all, it would not be seen until 2020, anywhere. That was because the morons kept saying, no matter how many times they were corrected, that no Model 3 would ever be built until the Gigafactory was finished. It was only around the start of Quarter 2 2017 that some of those hardcore Naysayers grudgingly allowed that 'maybe a handful' of Model 3 would reach some insiders as buyers before the end of year, again while citing the glacial rollout of Model X. Trust that I keep as close an eye on the most pessimistic of posited opinions as I do on the most optimistic goals of Elon Musk. That's how I know that a projection by Anton Dub@$s of less than 2,000 units of Model 3 Delivered this year would represent a 99% miss of Elon's upper goal of 200,000 units built in 2017, which he admitted was an 'impossible goal'.

KP in NPT | 7 december 2017

Gotcha ReD - I think I thought you were referring to people on this forum, not "analysts."

Bite your tongue, Simply Red!

+1 mntlvr23. ;-)

@KP

This is a private response to KP (so don't read this and that includes you Mr. Mueller) So, KP in NPT, I take it my reply to Carl showed a lack of utter disdain for the PDXEagleBeagleLowFlyingPoopDropper. For those not in the know, cause I know you're reading this, he was removed from the Tesla Forum site because @burdogg didn't like him. ;-)

ReD - I cited one of the analysts you mentioned - about nothing coming until 2020. :)

Simply Red, sorry, I peaked at your private message, curious by nature :) Not that I didn't like him, just couldn't stand truth mixed with lies, over, and over, and over again. One thing I hate, is purposeful manipulation - dangle some truth out there so people listening to you find you credible, and then sink them with a few lies. innocent mistakes are fine, but when confronted and corrected, the persistence continued and lies continued to build. But from time to time, he would dangle truth and good thoughts out there, just to drag you down with more lies.

So, yes, I vanquished him :) Ok reality is, I just gave the proof to Tesla and it was enough evidence for them to agree it was time for him to go.

@burdogg

I thought I'd jerk your chain with that one. After close to two years on the Model 3 Forum we come across a number of interesting folks spewing lies and misinformation. I believe he may have been flagged more times than the Philadelphia Eagles. But don't tell PG, please.

Sidenote: Go Rams!

I know :) But as I started to respond, I realized it sounded more serious than I meant it to be, so just rolled with it.

Speaking of flags, i haven't used one since his banishment - don't know if I can find mine.

Where did those Rams come from? So much for my Cards :(

Oh, and your secret is safe with me, i won't tell her anything.

@burdogg

I didn't know that. I'm sure there are a group of people here that think what you did is just peachy but I'm not one of them. Certainly @Eagles was annoying and disruptive but with the way he was attacked on this forum I don't completely blame him. Frankly what I saw here directed toward him was some of the most juvenile and abusive behavior I've seen on any forum anywhere. @Eagles was definitely a contrarian (as I can be) but many of his points were completely valid and everyone should be entitled to have an opinion without that kind of bullying and such vile personal attacks.

So if you got @Eagles kicked but didn't also try to do the same for @SamO, who is vulgar, abusive, personally attacks others and flat out makes up "facts" to try to make others look bad then I question your motives. If @Eagles had to go but the far worse @SamO was fine then what you did wasn't about making this forum better at all but about removing someone you and your friends don't like. There's a difference and that's not cool. If I'm mistaken and you did in fact point out to Tesla the behavior of @SamO (and others like him) then I apologize.

mntlvr23 | 7 december 2017

CT -1 for trying to rewrite history

Carl - Get this - I am not as powerful as you may think I am and really don't care what you think. It was not a band of a handful of owners who were sick of it. It was most of the forum posters and get this - Eagles was driving people away from the forums. I have yet to see anyone say that SamO drove people away from the forums.

Now also get this - I had many threads where I had spent much time discussing with Eagles and giving direct info to him about his false claims, which he continued to ignore and deny and never acknowledge. I have not spent time going rounds with SamO so i don't have personal experience with him - but if you do, by all means, bring those up to Tesla.

All I did was share with Tesla what was going on, giving them links to the things that were going on and let them decide what to do. Sorry you don't like what Tesla decided to do, but I am not going to feel bad or that you have righteous indignation that I did something wrong.

You see, I have no problems with disagreeing - I have disagreed with you many times, yet don't have any issues per se with you. I just have to agree to disagree at times. I even stood up to inform I believe it was SamO that you truly were a reservation holder - so yes, I called him out on that falsehood when I saw it. But the difference is - you and I can disagree on opinions, and that is fine. But Eagles was not disagreeing on opinions, they were stated facts, brought to his attention by multiple forum members, and yet he continued to spread those lies as truths.

Again, you and I may just have to agree to disagree but if you think I really was all powerful and forced his expulsion - you give me too much credit. I just gave my personal experiences to Tesla and let them decide if any action needed to take place. You are more than welcome to do the same with your experiences with SamO - I just don't have them.

Good news, did you hear that Tesla owners will begin receiving their cars starting on Monday! There's also a nice photo article from Teslarati showing the new Delivery Center.

Nice! Simply Red - waiting to hear when you get yours. You are gifting it to me after you drive on over to Colorado right? I thought I read that somewhere, where is the search engine when you need it. Oh well, just trust me, I know you said that :)

akgolf | 7 december 2017

Thanks burdogg and glad Tesla made the decision they did.

Now if only.......

@burdogg

@Eagles tended to exaggerate and repeat himself ad nauseum and I called him out on those things more than once myself. There's no denying he was totally frustrating.

But I don't remember @Eagles ever personally attacking anyone or using vulgar profanity. He never made up disgusting lies about forum members or encouraged others to gang up on those he didn't like the way @SamO and his gang did (and still try to do). @Eagles drew conclusions with which I personally didn't agree but that didn't make them "false claims." As I pointed out recently the three biggest "false claims" with which people had a problem were his opinions that highly optioned Model 3s would be sold first, that there would be no tow package available and that the Bolt would outsell the Model 3 this year. People swore up and down that those things were completely false and absolutely disproven by "facts" yet now it appears that he was a lot more right than those people allowed.

You've had the exact same interaction with @SamO as you did with @Eagles; you've read their posts on this forum. For you to say that you didn't experience @SamO's disruptions but that you did @Eagles' rings hollow. You read both of their posts and you _chose_ to engage and focus on @Eagles' behavior and not on @SamO's. I think you are a reasonable person so I know that you know that @SamO's tactics are far more morally reprehensible than @Eagles' noise ever was. The fact that you chose to single out @Eagles (whose opinions you disagreed with) for reporting to Tesla but not the far worse @SamO (whose opinions you agree with) seems to me to show a certain amount of selection bias. So please don't act like you absolutely did the right thing because you didn't.

riverFox | 7 december 2017

Eagles was a troll. Pure and simple.

@carl
Be realistic: why would Tesla chose to ban anyone who spends all his time and effort online praising and defending Tesla? Versus someone who is skeptical and critical. I mean, this is a Tesla owned and operated forum. There are probably other venues that would be more open to less positive and optimistic viewpoints than here, and less likely to ban people who express them.

Nexxus | 8 december 2017

Wow! How about that Carl, what a "Doubting Thomas" ... er, I mean "Doubting Thompson". This is a reply to your very first post to the OP. "I'll believe it when someone reports that they have their car."

"Enough with the negative waves..." enjoy the season and rejoice that others will be taking delivery of their Model 3's before the year end. I know I'm happy for them! Good luck to all!

Pages