Forums

Current Tesla Owner's son is Victim of Florida School Shooting - Please help me reach Elon

Current Tesla Owner's son is Victim of Florida School Shooting - Please help me reach Elon

My name is Max Schachter. I am a proud owner of a Model S and now Model 3. My son Alex Schachter was one of the 17 victims of the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fl on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Alex loved my model S and was so looking forward to driving in my model 3. He looked up to Elon and idolized him for trying to help, save, and improve the world we live in thru Tesla, Space X, The Boring Company, and Solar City. It would be great if he could help our small community and the kids at Stoneman Douglas High School. Please spread the word and help me get Alex’s story to Elon. I am hoping that by posting this on the Tesla Forums you will be able to help a lot of the other kids at Alex's high school and improve security at their school so Alex’s brother and sisters are not afraid to go back next week after the funeral.

Even though I have not met each and every one of you reading this post I feel close to you and know that you are praying for my family and the other victims. Please help me, my kids, and my community by posting this to your social media. We need all the help we can get!

Here is the gofundme page I have set up in Alex’s honor.

https://www.gofundme.com/55jm4g8

Here is the press release about my little boy as well:

Alexander Logan Schachter (Alex) was just fourteen years old when he was tragically murdered at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. On the cusp of adolescence, Alex’s bright smile and joyful personality were contagious. He was a devoted son and grandson, incredible brother and he was loved by aunts, uncles and cousins. His dad best describes him as “his little Alex and just a sweetheart of a kid”.

Alex was a true friend to so many kids locally and from across the country through his connections at Camp Echo in New York. He enjoyed spending time with friends, watching movies, playing video games and just being a kid. Alex was always smiling and happy and kids were naturally drawn to his energy. He was a freshman and joined the Eagle Regiment Band as an outlet for his creativity. Alex played the trombone and the baritone and beemed with pride when he spoke about winning the state championship in Tampa this past year. His favorite song comes from the group Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4. Alex also played basketball through the Parkland Recreation League and was always ready for a game.

Alex is survived by his father, Max and mom, Caryn. He idolized his older brother, Ryan, 17, and they attended high school together. He also has two sisters, Morgan, 16 and Avery, 12 and the family enjoyed travel, celebrating holidays and just being together. He especially cherished spending time with his dog, Fiona.

In 2008, Alex’s beloved mom, Debbie, passed away suddenly and he loved her dearly. The family takes comfort in knowing they will be together. While there are no words that can come close to describing the joys of being with Alex, he will remain in the hearts of all who knew him.

johnmann | 17 februar 2018

Max, I’m so sorry for your loss and for the losses of all the other families from this horrible tragedy. I share your grief.

lilbean | 17 februar 2018

Dear Max,
My heart breaks for the tragic loss of your beautiful son. You were truly blessed to have two wonderful angels in your life. I am glad that you take comfort in knowing that they are together in heaven. I pray for you and your family that you may have peace during this most difficult time. Someday when you see them again, you too will be together with them for all eternity and nothing will separate you again. God bless you and may His loving arms comfort you always.
Love,
Lilbean

eeb9 | 17 februar 2018

We share your grief and your loss. Be the rock your family needs you to be right now, and know that there are people who support you and have your back

Tessa75D | 17 februar 2018

May your son rest well, blessing to you and family I will attempt to foward this forum to Tesla Exec Department.

RadOne | 17 februar 2018

Dear Max,

Olev hashalom
May out thoughts and prayers comfort you.

rfpmoxie | 17 februar 2018

No words will bring back Alex; however, I send my condolences and prayers and you folks will remain in my thoughts.

EM34ME | 17 februar 2018

Like Starman, Alex is cruising the universe forever in his Tesla. Drive on, Alex, and be blessed.

STRICT GUN CONTROL NOW!

M3forMe | 17 februar 2018

My condolences to you and your families. So tragic!

Tesla2018 | 17 februar 2018

I just hope to God that this isnt a go fund me scam. Pam Bondi, the Florida Attoney General warned about fakers setting up sites. Can anyone verify the posters identity or personally know him?

davhud62 | 17 februar 2018

My heart goes out to those who lost someone to a coward's shooting. We don't need more gun laws, enforce the ones we have now and treat criminals like criminals. God Bless this country

noleaf4me | 17 februar 2018

So sorry for your loss Max -- I can't imagine what you and your family is going through.

Elon - I hope you get to this story. You inspire so many young people -- including my 3 boys. My middle son went into Electrical Engineering I think because of your influence. Please do what you can.

lilbean | 17 februar 2018

It already got $91K and the goal was $25K.

bryan.whitton | 17 februar 2018

Sorry Davhud, I disagree. As far as I am concerned throw 2nd amendment out and collect them up. This isn't 1776 anymore. For those who say we need to make sure we can overthrow the government how useful do you think your AK peashooter is going to be against an Abrams tank. Grow up.

Mttcoco | 17 februar 2018

VOTE OUT ALL REPUBLICANS if you ever want a chance at common sense gun laws, and at having a safe place for your children to learn.

I'm sick of this "thoughts and prayers" bllsht.

Say NO to McConnell, Ryan and the rest of these cons in 2018 and 2020.

EM34ME | 17 februar 2018

"We don't need more gun laws, enforce the ones we have now and treat criminals like criminals."

The shooter bought his gun legally. YES, WE NEED MORE GUN LAWS, to start, ban the sale of AR-15. No It won't end this kind of tragedy, but it will hamper it.

Sparky | 17 februar 2018

A personal tragedy in our own online community is a tragedy, once again, for all communities.

It's really pretty simple; rifles are designed to kill animals, pistols are designed to kill people, and machine guns and assault rifles are designed to kill lots of people. It's why each one was invented and why each one should be subject to intelligent regulations which aren't handcuffed by a constitutional amendment made prior to the invention of the machine gun.

PhillyGal | 17 februar 2018

All Tesla owners and enthusiasts are a family. We're all heartbroken for your son.

SCCRENDO | 17 februar 2018

I am heartbroken for any family who loses a child but even more so in this manner. As others are stating to achieve something constructive out of this tragedy we all need to step up and fight the NRA and we need to start restricting access to these powerful weapons. Additionally we need to continue to protest the pitiful support from the government in addressing mental illness.

Docjcf | 17 februar 2018

Dear Max,

Our hearts go to you and your family. We are in your neck of the woods.I am so sorry for your loss!

Best regards

John

Tesla2018 | 17 februar 2018

Dear Max:
I just heard from your neighbor Paul who told me about the funeral being tommorrow and how you son was the nicest kid on earth. I am so sorry for you loss and crying right now.

He told me that the local car club members are planning on having meets and fundraisers to support the school and victim funds.

Below are 2 car events in case anyone in the area wants to attend. One is this Wed evening at Buffalo Wild Wings in Deerfield Beach and another at Terramar Park in Parkland on Saturday March 3rd.

GAGSTESLA | 17 februar 2018

SCCRENDO, I am with you 100%. Enough talk and then silence until the next one (and yes, there will be a next one). I am sick of these events, it is time to use our voices, our money, and our votes.

eleestein | 17 februar 2018

Dear Max,

My wife Jennifer was good friends with Debbie many years ago and was there during happy times like the birth of your son Ryan. Now we are both grieving for you and your family. Words cannot describe our sorrow. The loss of a wife and now a child is more tragedy than one man should ever have to endure. Our hearts go out to you and your family.

Rick

Wattsm309 | 17 februar 2018

Max words are unable to express my sadness for you. A parent should never have to go threw this. You and your family will be in our prayers as Alex watches over you.

applesnkids | 18 februar 2018

Max, I’m deeply sorry for your loss of Alex. It isn’t fair. Please know I’m not alone in saying while I never knew him or the other victims, I hold them in my heart daily. He will be remembered.

noleaf4me | 18 februar 2018

Time to bring back the institutions we once had for these deeply troubled people. I also agree gun laws need to change - I'm all for personal protection -- but who really needs an arsenal? There needs to be reasonable limits.

KP in NPT | 18 februar 2018

I’m so sorry for you loss, Max. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through right now.

I’m so tired to being outraged by the latest mass shooting. I also cannot believe that someone came on this forum to say to the father of a slain child that more gun laws aren’t needed. Even if that’s your belief - now is not the time and maybe STFU.

ocliving | 18 februar 2018

My condolences.

CASEMAN | 19 februar 2018

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers coming to you and your family.

EM34ME | 19 februar 2018

"I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers coming to you and your family."

The Schachter family needs action at the ballot box as much as they need prayers.

Resrch03 | 19 februar 2018

I'm so sorry for your loss, Max. Peace be with you and your family.

ShesNoCissy | 22 februar 2018

Max, I pledge to you that I will call the congressmen in my State, who take money from the NRA, to honor your son Alex. I will challenge them to make a change. If anyone else would like to call their states representatives, here is a link to the New York Times advertiment with the names, money and phone numbers.

https://everytown.org/documents/2018/02/throw-them-out-nyt.pdf

My deepest condolences to you, your family and community.

dfelton | 22 februar 2018

Max, I can’t even begin to imagine how heartbroken you and your family must be over the unnecessary and untimely loss of your son Alex. Why why why did this have to happen? How many more must die before America puts the life of our kids or any citizen before politics, power, and money? We will not forget, and we will keep fighting for meaningful change! Wishing you strength and perseverance in your time of grief.

Bill Korea | 22 februar 2018

A never-ending stream of gun violence and tragedy comes out of America - something most other countries cannot comprehend. The Second Amendment seems to be only one sentence. Why has the NRA gotten away with only promoting the second half of it? It's about freedom with responsibility, not freedom from responsibility.