Forums

Tesla Model 3 Reservation cancellation

Tesla Model 3 Reservation cancellation

Hi
Has anyone had any issues cancelling their Model 3 reservation? I reserved my Model 3 in July 2017 however after much deliberation is decided to opt for the Model S. I ordered my Model S in October and cancelled my reservation for the model 3 in November. I had paid via my credit card however I have not received my £1000 refund. Tesla said they paid it into my account in December however my credit card company have not received any payment. Over the past 2 months I have chased and asked Tesla several times (phone calls as well as email) to refund the amount or at least provide evidence of payment. There are no numbers for complaints or direct numbers for accounts team just the dealership. They say it is with the accounts team but have yet to provide any details. I have received my Model s and I am very happy with the car but would like my Model 3 deposit back. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Other than the refund I have been happy with the service so reluctant to take any legal action. Any suggestions?

Carl Thompson | 21 februar 2018

Has anyone noticed there have been a lot of these cancellation posts recently from people who who have rarely if ever posted saying they're cancelling their Model 3 order to buy the much nicer Model S or X?

I wonder if Tesla is seeding these posts to convince people with reservations to buy their more profitable models?

shri | 21 februar 2018

Not sure about the others, but I am a real person with an amazing 75D :) just a bit annoyed I haven’t had my deposit back :( 

I guess I'm just trying on @carlk's paranoid hat to see if it fits! ;-)

burdogg | 21 februar 2018

Yes Carl - because me reading about someone else cancelling their Model 3 to buy the Model S convinces me to do the same. I mean, you would think if Tesla was doing this, they would at least give reasons WHY they did so, to try to convince others to do the same. Good grief, could it be simply that the REAL person decided that they didn't want to wait anymore, decided that they wanted the bigger room, liftback, faster acceleration, etc...

Thanks for the deep conspiracy theory with a big fat flop...

Shri - did they by chance roll it into the purchase of the S? Most say they do this with the reservation for the 3, just roll the reservation into the purchase of the S - look over your specs on the S just to make sure (doubt this happened, but first place to look for it). There should be a sales department to contact, and that is who I would contact. I doubt they don't have a sales number somewhere - but don't know where you live. As for the US site, the support button at the top takes you to a screen that has several contact numbers. Escalate it etc....

LostInTx | 21 februar 2018

Shri mentioned £1000, which probably puts her in the UK.

Frank99 | 21 februar 2018

Shri -
There were some threads last year around April from people who had cancelled and were having problems getting their deposit back - seemed like it was taking around 8 weeks or so. All those complaints have gone away; yours is the first I've seen in six months. I'd interpret that as Tesla got their refund act together, but for some reason they've dropped the ball with yours. I'd agree with Burdogg - find the contact numbers and escalate this.

/frank

shri | 21 februar 2018

I went for the Model S after my test drive and didn’t want to wait due to low interest rate. No, I didn’t want to roll into the Model S contract as I was thinking of buying a Model 3 once they become available and selling the Model S to save money. However there were rumours about UK getting Model 3s in 2019 and beyond so decided to opt out and use the money elsewhere.

shri | 21 februar 2018

In the UK I have two numbers 0800 756 9960 and +44 (0) 1628 450 606 called both but no access to the accounts team who can provide any confirmation or evidence of payment. I cant find any others, unless am looking in the wrong place.

andy.connor.e | 21 februar 2018

It seems that people who make topics to tell everyone they're cancelling, create their accounts to post the topics. I have never seen any of these people on the forums ever, and all of the sudden they come out of nowhere like "im fed up!". Like, ok, please take your temper tantrum somewhere else. I've never seen such emotional drama over a product before. Its just a thing. Cancel your reservation and leave please thanks bye dont let the door hit you on the way out unless i slam it on you.

minervo.florida | 21 februar 2018

Carl, you are something else

JFleischood | 21 februar 2018

Possible you used a different credit card? Or your credit card number was changed since then, or even just the expiration dates. It was nearly two years ago. Payment may be stuck in virtual limbo somewhere.

carlk | 21 februar 2018

@Carl Thompson You can't even see how silly you've sounded? Don't try things you're brain is not equipped to do.

burdogg | 21 februar 2018

Shri - I would cal that 606 number, as that is sales, and I would get them to hand you off to a manager or someone that can get things moving or working. Don't take, we can't do that, as an answer. Either they give you something that helps, or gives you a number you can call that WILL take care of it for you.

No amount of paranoia, advertising, or customer cancellations will increase my income enough to afford a Model S. Believe me, cancelling Model 3 reservation, is not happening.

@carlk:
"You can't even see how silly you've sounded?"

Sure that's why I said "I guess I'm just trying on @carlk's paranoid hat to see if it fits!"

I wanted to see what it's like to be you.

how many more hats to you have

EVRider | 21 februar 2018

@Carl: If Tesla was the one posting these "I cancelled my reservation" topics, they wouldn't be talking about having problems getting a refund. :-)

@andy.connor.e:
"how many more hats to you have"

Here's my Andy hat:

"I agree. I was literally going to say that too*.

*Because it's important that everyone know that I had the same idea even though I never actually mentioned it before and actually previously said the opposite."

Yodrak. | 21 februar 2018

"I wonder if Tesla is seeding these posts to convince people with reservations to buy their more profitable models?"

A post about not getting the Model 3 deposit back after switching to a Model S is not likely to entice other Model 3 reservationists to make the switch.

@EVRider:
"If Tesla was the one posting these "I cancelled my reservation" topics, they wouldn't be talking about having problems getting a refund. :-)"

That's the hook that makes people think it must be true!

Darn, I forgot to take off that hat.

Well, looks like i got the Carl hat experience without getting the hat. What a spoiler.

carlk | 21 februar 2018

@Carl Thompson Either you are super argumentative or you're just that stupid, or perhaps you're both. Have you forgot this is the Tesla forum? There is no need for op to play game if he wants to suggest people to buy an S. He could just say so no one would blame him for it. Discussions like that that are abundant here anyway. It's those trolls who want people NOT to buy a Tesla need to make up those stories. I'm sure you understand that well too.

rxlawdude | 21 februar 2018

It's so nice not seeing the posts from the FUDsters. And Carl, I do NOT see your posts, don't want to and don't care. But I see the wake of of your posts littering many threads.

flyboynwa | 21 februar 2018

Ouch guys that was seriously painful

@rxlawdude:
"And Carl, I do NOT see your posts, don't want to and don't care."

But the way you phrase that makes it seem as if you saw my post where I deduce you are not really blocking my posts. Otherwise how would you know to deny it in _this_ post?

Shock | 21 februar 2018

This explains why I got a check for a thousand pounds in December from Tesla LLC and just the word "shri" in the memo.

Bighorn | 21 februar 2018

Seems like they would have applied the credit to the Model S.

deemo | 21 februar 2018

When we got our Model S, they applied the credit from Model X deposit

mos6507 | 22 februar 2018

"But the way you phrase that makes it seem as if you saw my post..."

He reads them all and loves the drama. Guaranteed.