Forums

Radio doesn't turn off when the car locks

Radio doesn't turn off when the car locks

Weird problem. I was on a call over bluetooth. I got out of the car and started walking away while the call was still going. Bluetooth disconnected and the radio started. I walked further until the car automatically locked. But the radio stayed ON. And the radio was on LOUD because I usually turn up the volume for the phone and I was parked in an enclosed garage. I had to go back and turn off bluetooth in order to turn off the radio.

I've never seen this before or maybe I never noticed it? It's obviously a software bug but now I wonder if I've had my radio on for hours after stepping out of my car. I've gotten very used to just walking away and letting the car do it's thing to lock up and everything.

EVRider | 13. Juni 2018

Maybe you didn't close the door all the way. The audio system should turn off as soon as you close the door, whether or not your lock it, and the call should transfer to your phone at that time.

maiorino | 14. Juni 2018

Same thing just happened to me. I wasn’t on a call but I pulled into my garage and got out of the car. Door was closed but the radio kept playing. Door handles retracted and the radio kept playing. I had to open the door and close it again then the radio turned off.

I’m on 2018.21.9
75D

Never happens before the update.

Yodrak. | 14. Juni 2018

"I had to go back and turn off bluetooth in order to turn off the radio."

Thanks for posting that. I've been looking for a way to turn the damn Media Player off.

dsteal | 15. Juni 2018

Yup, I had to fiddle with it quite a bit. I definitely closed the door properly. About 5 times. Turning off the bluetooth was when I just gave up because I needed to go to work. I guess I will keep an eye on it because I don't want my radio blaring for hours in a parking lot with the doors closed.

impala1ss | 16. Juni 2018

Mine didn't turn off on its own for 6 months. I checked each time I got out, after shutting the door, to make sure the dash said 'car off.' I had to turn it completely off with the FOB each time. One day it changed and every time I got out and closed the door the center display went black and everything turned off. It has worked properly ever since (at least I think it is proper. I've always wondered why.

Matt.celestina | 16. Juni 2018

I've had the same issue, you need to disconnect Bluetooth and re close the door or the car to shut off. The only thing that i have noticed is it doesn't always happen. Possible Software bug?

Tesltoronto | 16. Juni 2018

Are you sure the car is locked? I have a problem that I need to take to the SC to get fixed.

I close the door as always and walk away and my driving lights are on and the car is NOT locked. The side view mirrors don't retract either.

I tried locking with my fob or my phone but that does not work either. The only way I can get the car locked is to go back open the driver side door and close it again.

lackey.patrick | 10. August 2019

I’m having the same problem. It’s really annoying.

lilbean | 10. August 2019

This happened in my 3 if I opened the door before my foot was off the brake.