Forums

Why did you buy your Tesla?

Why did you buy your Tesla?

Hi Tesla forum,

I am currently completing my MBA at the University of Oregon and one of our marketing projects is to get primary feedback from Tesla owners! If you would be so kind, I would love to hear your feedback as to why you purchased your Tesla. Thanks so much in advance!

Why did you buy?
What is your experience buying and using?
What does the Tesla brand mean to you?
What words would you use to describe your Tesla?

What is your general profile? (as you feel comfortable)

General age range:
M/F/O:
Geographic Region:

Heidi

jordanrichard | 05. Januar 2019

The universal answer you are going to get is that we all made the mistake of test driving one............:-)

jlhm | 05. Januar 2019

@jordanrichard +1000

mabuck | 05. Januar 2019

Test drive one and fell in love. Plus the $7,500 tax credit.

TranzNDance | 05. Januar 2019

It fit my requirements: EV, looks good, drives well

Words to describe my car: Whee! Squee! Pretty

Yodrak. | 05. Januar 2019

Why? My Leaf confirmed that EVs were for me. Wanted an EV that I could use for convenient long distance driving, not just around town. What other choice is there?

Experience? Great! Meets all expectations.

Tesla brand? Prestigious

Description? It just goes, with out making a sound.

Profile: Senior male with a middle-age wife and teenage son, professional engineer still working, northeasterner at heart presently tolerating the midwest

billtphotoman | 06. Januar 2019

Why did you buy?
Model 3 LR RWD in my case
1. I just love the Zenlike driving experience and interior
2. I want to support a US company in the transition to BEVs
What is your experience buying and using?

Buying was very simple but being in Texas I had to pay up front which was no big deal. When I picked the car up it was flawless and I was out of there in 30 minutes. So far I love the car but the only things I would like changed are 1) Locking mechanism to keep the rear seat from being flipped down from inside the vehicle and 2) less suspension and tire noise

What does the Tesla brand mean to you?

Leading edge technology and innovation.

What words would you use to describe your Tesla?

A dream to drive. And the only car I would consider paying more the $35K for.
What is your general profile? (as you feel comfortable)
Cyber security engineer, lover of technology and nature.

General age range:
North of 50 and south of 60.

M/F/O:
M
Geographic Region:
Austin TX

dewi0150 | 06. Januar 2019

Thanks so much for this info! It will really help with my project. My marketing paper is designed to help me learn how to really get to know the customers. If you have more insights or experiences you'd like to share that would be really helpful. If new people are joining in, the more different viewpoints I have the better!

Again, I really appreciate all your inputs. It sounds like the type of car you fall in love with after giving it a try!
Heidi

Yodrak. | 06. Januar 2019

You might get more, and more complete, responses if you were to provide an e-mail address where people could respond privately. It should be a dedicated e-mail account that you set up specifically for the purpose of your project.

"It sounds like the type of car you fall in love with after giving it a try!"
Have you given it a try? Responses to your questions might make more sense to you if you have. Or would that introduce bias into your project? For a marketing paper, personal bias may help to be convincing?

Thanks @Yodrak! That is really good advice.

One of my teammates created a survey so that we can get a deeper understanding of the Tesla customer profile. If anyone on the thread has 5 minutes to fill it out it would help greatly! There is also a spot at the end for additional open commentary to provide additional details.

All data submitted is aggregated anonymously, and will be used for the sole purpose of completing an assignment due January 12, 2019.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx2cRMCPVk0JPFMEFz_hhLmGs-4JqU...

I'm also going to find out where I can test drive a Tesla!

Thanks again everyone for your help and inputs.
Heidi

sbeggs | 06. Januar 2019

Heidi,
Very interesting survey. Responded to it.

Our five year old Model S has been the best car we ever bought...unexpectedly, after a test drive! Main driver was the thrill of pressing on the go pedal, but also Made in USA figured in our decision. Robust and reliable.

Thanks @sbeggs!