Forums

Why are we still waiting for latest firmware update.

Why are we still waiting for latest firmware update.

I don’t undestand the delay in rolling out the latest firmware. I am in Colorado and we still have not received the latest firmware. We all paid the same for the vehicles. Why do some receive way before others? Seems odd the most innovative car company in the world cannot overcome this issue.

EVRider | 07. März 2019

Did you read any of the other numerous threads about this before posting this question? You can learn how to search th forum here: https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search

reed_lewis | 07. März 2019

I think that the OP here is wondering why the 2018.50.x seems to be 'stuck at' for a long period of time. It is March of 2019, and many people have not gotten anything since December of 2018. That is at least three months with no now firmware.

I also wonder, but even more so because I qualified for the early access to updates because of referrals. I have not gotten any updates since 2018.50 myself either. I am wondering if all these new features (dog mode, Sentry mode, etc.) even exist. I have not seen anything showing me that they are even released.

It just seems that Tesla has forgotten to update a lot of people's cars.

jordanrichard | 07. März 2019

smswanson, how long have you either been here on the forums and/or been an owner?

EVRider | 07. März 2019

@reed: None of these questions about updates are new. I think it's important to teach people how to search the forum, since it's not obvious, and we don't need yet another thread that explains why Tesla does updates the way they do.

I concur, but in this case, the timeframe between updates seems a lot longer than before. In my two years of ownership, I have never had three months between updates.

Furthermore, I have never seen it take this long between announcing a new feature and it being available to all. The Sentry, multiple camera recording, and dog mode have been announced for over a month, yet are not available to the majority of the fleet.

This is the way you alienate customers.

jerrykham | 07. März 2019

@reed - Sentry mode exists, but so far only on the Model 3 in any numbers. Tesla did say it would be on Model 3 before Model S and Model X. And in fact, my wife has sentry mode on her 3 and I do not have it on my S.

TeslaTap.com | 07. März 2019

Also Tesla may be holding back updates to get the new Supercharger v3 features and faster charging on the V2 Superchargers (up to 145 kW).

EVRider | 08. März 2019

@reed: I’ve definitely waited more than 3 months for updates in my 3 years of Tesla ownership. Consider yourself lucky that you haven’t. My Model S is still on 2018.49.20 and the Model 3 is on 2018.50.6 — it hasn’t been 3 months yet but probably more than 2.

reed_lewis | 08. März 2019

I own a Model 3 and S, and still am on 2018.50.6 on both of my cars. No Sentry, Dog Mode, etc. on the 3.

Both are connected to great Wifi every night. It just bothers me that Tesla is announcing these great features, yet they are not releasing them to the public in a timely manner. OTOH fart mode came out very quickly to everyone.

EVRider | 08. März 2019

I just want the location-based mirror fold feature, mostly for the Model 3. Don't care about the other new stuff.

rm760 | 08. März 2019

I just received 2019.5.15. It has mirror folding and dog mode. No sentry mode.

rm760 | 08. März 2019

I should have added the I own Model S builtl late 2018

rajatgaikwad4950 | 08. März 2019

I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.
https://www.smvinfotech.com/it-company-patna.php
http://www.spmindia.org/packers-and-movers-in-Aurangabad.html