Forums

Opinion 15'8" Garage Opening

Opinion 15'8" Garage Opening

I have an S and a X on order and want to fit both in the garage .

lilbean | 24. März 2019

Yes

lilbean | 24. März 2019

You should back the x in on one side and pull the S forward on the other side so both driver side doors are at the center and the cars can be closest to the wall.

Redmiata98 | 25. März 2019

That should leave you about 2’ 4” which leaves you a little more than 5” clearance with the garage door frame and between the vehicles. Doesn’t appear that you will have room to exit the vehicles unless there is sufficient room to the walls. I have a single car garage with a 95” opening which leaves me about 8” clearance on each side and I have to be super careful and make numerous approaches. I hope you are patient and careful when parking because it will probably take numerous times with that tight a clearance, not to mention the requirement for the other driver to be exactly on the measurements when they park. I activate the rear camera and sensor display on the touchscreen and have yet to hit the side of the garage the last two years. On the plus side, once you safely park the car you can use Summon to extract the vehicle from the garage Summon works well with my close tolerance but is sporadic and often balks for parking into the garage. Let us know how it works AND make sure you retract your mirrors before entering the garage!