Submitted by cmichael on 12. Juni 2019
Using Google to searching this forum is just neat (sarcasm). Plus I am a bit ill-tempered having been on hold for over 40 minutes trying to get a live person for support questions. Maybe the forums can beat support response times here.
I have a few related questions to those who have had their 12V battery fail enough to where the message displays in notifications and in the instrument cluster.
1) My vehicle is a 17 S with under 10,000 miles. Is the 12V battery under warranty? Google seems to only provide search results on the big battery. Grrr.
2) How long can you drive with a 12V issue assuming you saw it on the first day and the car is able to be driven still?
3) It is 4:00pm CDT roughly. Chat is a opaque button on the tesla.com/support site. The recording talks about Chat being an option so I guess it is a live feature. Does chat on the Tesla support website really work?
4) How do you select mobile ranger / mobile support via the web page? Edit: I did find it on the Tesla app but still have not found it online. But it may be because the app actually has items to select to qualify the issue. I can only select physical service centers and there is no issue description other than a generic entry text field.
5) How can I ask mobile support for more items to cover since they are making a onsite visit? e.g. bring new wipers