Forums

Homelink Problem

Homelink Problem

I just installed a new garage door opener Genie 3055 and of course the remotes work, but my Tesla doesn't get it.

2 questions: which homelink mode should be used? Standard or Default?

After I program the Tesla as requested and get flash light to confirm, I bring the opener in learning mode and hit "continue" on the touchscreen. Tesla tells me that it is programming the opener but it does not work.

Any suggestions what I do wrong, please?

Mike

Michael Emrich | 30. Juni 2019

I just installed a new garage door opener Genie 3055 and of course the remotes work, but my Tesla doesn't get it.

2 questions: which homelink mode should be used? Standard or Default?

After I program the Tesla as requested and get flash light to confirm, I bring the opener in learning mode and hit "continue" on the touchscreen. Tesla tells me that it is programming the opener but it does not work.

Any suggestions what I do wrong, please?

Mike

TeslaTap.com | 30. Juni 2019

Yep, Genie uses a non-standard system that Homelink doesn't work with (all cars, not just Tesla). Lucky Genie has a compatibility mode. See https://teslatap.com/articles/homelink-analysis-and-troubleshooting/ and go down to troubleshooting #2 for Genie.

Michael Emrich | 30. Juni 2019

Thank you, TeslaTap, for this advice.
My opener has 3 buttons: a "PGRM Set", a "+" and a "-".
I understand that I have to press the PGRM Set once and then which button do I have to hold down for 10 seconds until both red and green lights are lit. And then, which button do I have to double tap, to change the lights to red?
After I have done that, will my remotes still work?
Thank you.

bdoviack | 01. Juli 2019

By any chance, are you using LED bulbs in your garage opener? I thought I'd put in LED bulbs and then my Tesla could not open the door anymore. Genie sells some "interference-free" bulbs which seemed to have fixed the issues I was having. Link on Amazon below:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079H1C4TF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_titl...

rickrparker | 01. Juli 2019

I have Homelink problems too. Regardless of the open on, close on or changing the distance, I get a message about Homelink "skipped open". Confuzzed.

rxlawdude | 01. Juli 2019

Better LED bulbs don't emit that much RF.

Also, make sure the antenna in the opener is stretched out vertically, preferably extending below the bottom of the opener.