Forums

Handsfree iPhone X dysfunction

Handsfree iPhone X dysfunction

MS 100D Date of birth 12/23/18. This was a demo car with some miles on it. I took delivery early June ’19. Since delivery, no one from Tesla sales, Dallas Service Center appt including some texts from Tesla Support. My handsfree iPhone X is a complete fail, the ring tone on an outbound call sounds like I am calling a foreign country. Upon answer on the outbound call phone I call can’t hear anything intelligible nor can I hear anything intelligible. Likewise on inbound calls. The iPhoneX works well when I am handsfree on my AirBuds or to my ear in the car just fine. I’m told by Tesla that there is a “coming firmware update”, I’ve had two firmware update so far. I can’t believe that I am one of few with this issue. Such a great car but seems a bit off the mark for a bluetooth piece of software is so hard to push out to me, if not others. Is this a known issue. As a new owner, I’m not sure if I just sit tight and wait or I should press support for a resolution. Snarky: I am glad that I have a new racecar game on the last update, but I'd rather be hands free.

lilbean | 30. Juni 2019

Is the phone connected to an Apple Watch?

Q Q | 30. Juni 2019

I have a iPhone XS, connected to an Apple Watch and a Model S. All work fine - except I do seem to suffer from the “first incoming call I can’t hear them and they can’t hear me” problem. This has persisted through the last 4 updates. I’m on 2019.20.4.2. I’d push for resolution. What you describe does5 sound right.

redacted | 01. Juli 2019

I don't receive phone calls so I can't help with that, but I can teach you how to spell dysfunction.

rickrparker | 01. Juli 2019

Not connected to Apple watch as I don't own one. I saw a thread a few weeks ago that once you ring up a number, just roll the volume wheel and you're good until your next drive. I couldn't make that work either. Thanks for your input.
Redacted: dysfunction noun
dys·​func·​tion | \ (ˌ)dis-ˈfəŋ(k)-shən \
variants: or less commonly disfunction
Definition of dysfunction
1 : impaired or abnormal functioning
gastrointestinal dysfunction (ie NO GAS?)
2 : abnormal or unhealthy interpersonal behavior or interaction within a group (ie Tesla Forum)
family dysfunction.

All in good fun. Cheers all.

mizunosan | 01. Juli 2019

I have a S 100D, 2018 (Sept delivery). Using iPhone X, Apple Watch, etc. on it. It's all working great for me, but I had a couple of issues with the bluetooth not connecting after one of the updates. I had to reboot, do a hard reboot, and then it worked. I am on 2019.20.4.2 right now and all calls are working perfectly. I'd push for a resolution.

rickrparker | 01. Juli 2019

mizunosan: I have done the reboot process a few times. I was texted the process by CS, then the techs at the SC here in Dallas did the same reboot. I have contacted them and have another SC appt in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the notes all. I'll chime in if the SC appt bears fruit or not.