Forums

Mirror ajdustment

Mirror ajdustment

Hello all, My problem is minor and is something I could live with but...………… My driver side mirror (only) gives me good blindspot coverage which may be due to the fact that I'm 5'8" and sit fairly close to the wheel. The problem since day 1 March 30,'19, is that once I set the up/ down via the "wheel" it stays set for 2 - 3 weeks and then it points down. I reset it and all is fine for another 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes I press Restore after adjustment and sometimes Save but it kind of doesn't make a difference. Any thoughts and remedies. As always, thanks.

myerrored | 18. August 2019

Try hard resetting the car. While parked, press on the brakes while pressing in both the scroll wheels on your steering wheel at the same time until you screen blacks out. Try adjusting your mirrors then.

gmr6415 | 18. August 2019

Obviously you have some issue other than just proper adjustment of the side mirrors, but I too am 5'8" and using these instructions I have no problem properly setting my side mirrors to completely eliminate blind spots on both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQX2gkwJoE

eplaskett | 18. August 2019

You might try turning off the "tilt the mirrors down in reverse gear" setting, if you have it turned on. I found that they would not always reliably return to the "up" position after I shifted back into drive. I have never found tilting the mirrors down while reversing to be very useful in any car, anyhow.