Forums

Anyone have a Model 3 with a hitch on it in the LA Area willing to do some testing?

Anyone have a Model 3 with a hitch on it in the LA Area willing to do some testing?

Hey All!

First time post here! My Wife and I have a Model 3 LR AWD and we are planning to travel around the country here soon. We are exploring our travel options right now, and our most recent thought that we had was to travel with a ultra light weight tear drop trailer. As we all know though, towing reduces efficiency and range but there aren't any numbers online to really understand how much range is lost and how high the wh/mile goes.

While researching trailers I found a company down in L.A who would be willing to let us test the efficiency of our Model 3 with their tear drop trailer, but the problem is we don't live down in L.A. I know it's kind of a long shot here, but I was wondering if anyone down in L.A had a Model 3 with a hitch that wouldn't mind taking some time out of their day to figure out what kind of efficiency the Model 3 gets while towing. I'd be more than willing to reimburse for KWHs :)

Information about the weight of the trailer. The trailer we are looking at is 760lbs with a tongue weight of 80lbs. I believe this would be ok for the Model 3.

(Please note before someone inevitably says it, we already know the Model 3 isn't rated for towing)

Thanks in advance!