Hi everyone, I bought my Model 3 last year, and I have been loving the car.
I thought I am going to only buy Tesla for the rest of my life, but if my below experience is common for most Tesla owners, I have doubt that Tesla will remain as a company for that long.
And please note I am a pretty big Tesla/Elon Musk fanboy, I have at least already sold 5 of my friends/colleagues on purchasing a Tesla.
And I personally own some Tesla stock.
Anyways on to my issue:
Last week on Tuesday, I found out the top of my front window glass is cracked pretty bad. (I parked my car inside the garage, and I am the only one driving it, so I don't even know exactly how it happened, but it happened).
Anyways I called my insurance, they can help me take care of it just with a deductible of $50.
They called Tesla Costa Mesa first to see how to get it arranged. Tesla told my insurance they don't handle it directly, they outsource this to third party shops.
So they arranged me with a certified third party shop.
But the third party shop said Tesla is very slow at responding for parts.
And up until now, there is no response from Tesla, I personally digged into this, and called Tesla Costa Mesa.
And they said there is no one to answer the phone for their parts department, I have to leave an email (that's what my shop have been doing everyday, but they still haven't responded)
Tesla did mention they can fix the glass as well, BUT
1. they dont take insurance, so I will have to pay first and see if my insurance can pay me back
2. and I have to make an appointment which is going to take 2-3 weeks anyways.
This is a horrible horrible customer experience.
Whoever is in charge of Tesla service department needs to be replacement immediately, and the frightening thing is that there seem to be no one who is in charge of this.
1. I was bounced around at least half a dozen times on the call to get the information that I summarized above from Tesla. When I called them about my issue, it almost seemed like I mentioned something taboo like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter.
2. A simple glass fix should take at least one or two days.
3. The fact that they cannot even handle the service volume from their own customers, and they dont cooperate with third party shop by basically replying the email really really slow is mind blowing.
4. And WHY DONT they have someone answering calls about parts availability from customer, this is customer service 101. You NEED TO COMMUNICATE with your customer, leaving an email there is a death sentence for customer review
Has anyone else have been through this.
can you please share how you got through it, and what I can do from this point forward. I am currently having to rent a car for my daily commute.
I understand Elon himself is going through some rough patch in his personal life, and he got a lot of things to joggle.
And that Tesla management team is leaving like flies in the past half year.
But Tesla have a really amazing product and vision, but if service remain this horrible that even a fanboy like myself cannot justify, it is hard to see how they can survive long term.