Forums

Slacker radio not working since Version 10

Slacker radio not working since Version 10

Has anybody else had problems with slacker radio since the version 10 update? I can use Spotify but when I do a search the audio for a song Slacker Radio does not come up. Did it disappear?

Teslaguy | 18. Oktober 2019

Works fine for me on the latest version.

KARINRLEE | 18. Oktober 2019

Not having an issue with Slacker radio, but just standard FM radio stations not playing. The circle just spins. I drove all the way from Seattle to Bellingham and back and the radio would never play. And this is not the first time. I thought maybe locking up and walking away would reset it, but nothing.

Ron.Olsberg | 18. Oktober 2019

Since V10 upgrade I can no longer voice select artist/song. It gets what I am saying just fine and knows what the artist is then brings up a screen for me to select or type in the song selection. Hope they get this fixed because I voice select songs every time I drive the car. I also tried this on a friends model 3 same results.

PteRoy | 18. Oktober 2019

Don’t think we have slacker here in Canada. But I have issues with Spotify having loading errors.

calvin940 | 18. Oktober 2019

@PteRoy

Slacker is available in Canada. I purchased a premium sub and used it in my M3 until Spotify with V10 and then I cancelled my Slacker.

How do you see it? I mean, what tab or location is it in?

Sparky | 18. Oktober 2019

@Ron.Olsberg; same here. I hope it's a temporary unintended consequence of V10 because I find it pretty annoying.

calvin940 | 18. Oktober 2019

PteRoy | October 18, 2019

How do you see it? I mean, what tab or location is it in?
-------------------
The Streaming tab next to radio

Thanks I’ll check when my wife gets back with the car.

kensyo | 18. Oktober 2019

I need to do a reset like once every two days to have the radio/spotify/slacker to work. But bluetooth streaming has been working without problem.

RES IPSA | 18. Oktober 2019

The car comes with Slacker, right? That is the streaming feature (Slacker), right?

Beezy | 19. Oktober 2019

I've noticed that Spotify has been periodically spinning with no connection. I figure it's an issue with various devices I have tied to the same Spotify account (two work computers, two phones, wife's phone, and Sonos). There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it, but it sounds related to this thread.

starke49 | 21. Oktober 2019

I am also having voice command for song go to a select menu instead of playing the song or starting any song. Is this because of Spotify add?

waynetrain | 22. Oktober 2019

Same here - it's getting very annoying as I don't want to have look at the search results and select the song while I am driving.

calvin940 | 22. Oktober 2019

@starke49 | October 21, 2019
I am also having voice command for song go to a select menu instead of playing the song or starting any song. Is this because of Spotify add?
-------------------

So with Spotify now available, I have been using my playlists instead of asking voice anything. I have tried now to request songs by voice and it doesn't appear to work any longer. It always puts my text in the search and I have to select Song, Albums, Artists, as well to refine what I want. It just won't play anything.

I don't think it is a coincidence that this is happening after adding Spotify support. I certainly would prefer this to be working again, but I don't use voice much now that I have my playlists.

Ron.Olsberg | 12. November 2019

Update after single pedal drive firmware install. Still NO worky same as described below. I really miss this feature hope it gets fixed soon!

Since V10 upgrade I can no longer voice select artist/song. It gets what I am saying just fine and knows what the artist is then brings up a screen for me to select or type in the song selection. Hope they get this fixed because I voice select songs every time I drive the car. I also tried this on a friends model 3 same results.

metz123 | 12. November 2019

@ron - Not only do I not like the new behavior, I consider it unsafe. Anything that takes my attention off the road is bad. I even tried logging out of spotify to see if I could get the old behavior back. No go. I really want the ability to say - "Play my Greenday channel on Spotify" or "play songs by Foo Fighters" and have it start playing music instead of bringing up a search results window.

mspiher | 13. November 2019

I'm seeing the same issue for the last 3 weeks.

pat | 13. November 2019

I am having the same issue with FM radio. Often it isn't even working, just get the spinning symbol. We did a reset and it worked for day. Yesterday I was on the road all day and it worked for the first hour, then wouldn't let me change channels let along play the one it was supposedly on. I agree with the safety comment. More time I'm fiddling with the settings, more time with eyes off the road. Has anyone sent in a maintenance request or got a response regarding why this is happening? There was an update last night that I loaded hoping it was a fix, but it did nothing for this issue. Streaming and songs from iphone seem okay.

scotmac | 17. November 2019

A little while after the v10 update, the slacker streaming (default) started to act weird:

* In the past it would play the song that is DIRECTLY associated with the creation of a station if it hadn't been played in a day or so, and i did a skip of another song it was trying to play. NOW it will almost never play the song associated w/ the station!

* It keeps trying to switch the "account" associated w/ slacker to NEW "tesla" account (which then loses all my "favorites"!). I have to switch it back to the default "account' and THEN do a reboot of the console

Gpuszkin | 19. November 2019

I'll just add that I noticed the same thing with Slacker after the V10 update. One of my favorite features used to be that I can do a search via audio command to play "X" song and 90% of the time, the system would find and play that song. Now it never finds the song and instead presents me with a keyboard window to do further searches (which I do not want to do while driving). At least now its good to know I am not the only one.

Has anybody contact Tesla to see if it is a bug or intentional change to the software? Been meaning to call but the customer service # sometimes has a really long queue in order to speak to somebody

Here's to hoping and praying that this voice search functionality comes back. Its been a while so I am starting to think it never will

ratsgym | 19. November 2019

I'm having the same problem

T99dalt | 21. November 2019

I'm having the same issues. Slacker was working fine for months. Now, all I get is the channel's artwork loading and the spinning (not loading) circle. Attempts to log in with either TESLA or Slacker account result in "invalid account" message. USB & Bluetooth work fine. I can log in to Slacker on my phone or computer with same account info. I've communicated with both TESLA and Slacker and both point the finger at the other. I strongly suspect that this is a TESLA problem. Gone to USB and Bluetooth only. Total cluster.

jcjoseph | 25. November 2019

Since the last upgrade, my Slacker issues continue. I ask the car to play James Taylor, The Beatles, etc. and get a "no results" response. Hopefully this will get addressed in an upcoming release.

williamjriley | 26. November 2019

I too am having trouble with the radio. I just purchased the car last week so I'm new to this, but wondering if someone can tell me how to "reset" things and if this is helping with the radio issue.

afh414 | 27. November 2019

Any traction on this issue? Also having the same problem.

C.viau1 | 27. November 2019

Dunno what a slacker radio is :)

scotmac | 02. Dezember 2019

Just tried a few stations today, STILL refuses to play the song associated w/ the station, like it would in the past.

I am going to call it in to Tesla support, and see where it goes from there.

rrichca | 06. Dezember 2019

has anyone gotten an answer my Slacker is not working at all

geno.kearney | 06. Dezember 2019

Fix it, Tesla!

Spartan24 | 08. Dezember 2019

Would be nice to get a fix on this...

waynetrain | 09. Dezember 2019

I reached out to Tesla today - sent them multiple links from various forums, including this one, as well as Reddit, and Tesla Owners Club.

I loved having this feature, and really miss it. Having to look at the search results is an issue while driving by myself. And even when I select the song I want, it never plays it.

rlfletch | 09. Dezember 2019

Just figured it was Tesla's back handed attempt to get us to use Spotify. Annoying it doesn't work anymore, it was my favorite parlor trick in the car.

dwejr99 | 09. Dezember 2019

Today mine started to not play the specific song asked for. It starts with a random song from the same genre I request but not same artist even

-TheJohn- | 09. Dezember 2019

We have the same problem and it's annoying for sure.
It never plays what we request anymore and it's started to bring up said song and then not play it even though it says Song Name right there.

Full refund time!

But in all seriousness I'd love to see it returned to previous functionality.

tinaearl | 09. Dezember 2019

Agree wirh Metz3. The Slacker radio voice search to play a song feature was great. Now I can't get it to play the song I request. And it is dangerous to have to look at the screen to pick an artist or album - it doesn't even play it! I just got an email telling me my free year is almost over and I have to start paying for that? Please fix first!

tinaearl | 09. Dezember 2019

Agree wirh Metz3 and others. The Slacker radio voice search to play a song feature was great. Now I can't get it to play the song I request. And it is dangerous to have to look at the screen to pick an artist or album - it doesn't even play it! I just got an email telling me my free year is almost over and I have to start paying for that? Please fix first!

guydude | 09. Dezember 2019

Voice command should default to the app of our choosing. Why doesn't it search Spotify? Let's go Tesla!

neylus | 10. Dezember 2019

Slacker has been unsearchable (therefore useless) since spotify got installed. Voice search nor text search works. It is completely broken.

vdupuy | 11. Dezember 2019

So from what I understand, we now have to pay either Spotify Premium or Slacker Premium to be able to play the song we want?

slingshot18 | 14. Dezember 2019

I have had Slacker Premium for a year on this car. For almost the entire time I could search for a specific song and play it immediately. I could also create a channel with a specific artist. Now when I search for a song or an artist, it creates a channel with that artist and other similar artist. And the song I search for won't play immediately. I also used to be able to skip songs as much as I want. Now I can skip maybe one or two and then it tries to play the same song over and over again every time I try to skip. It's behaving like the free version of Slacker. I have verified I'm logged into my premium Slacker account. What's the point in paying Slacker then? Super annoying.