Forums

California fires

California fires

Have any Tesla superchargers been shut down due to the California fires?

lilbean | 27. Oktober 2019

They've been shut down due to electric companies cutting the power.

Shesmyne2 | 27. Oktober 2019

This afternoon after they closed I80 I looked at the NAV to the affected areas-
Most were close to full but operational- on the NAV.
Be safe out there. So bad.

Still Grinning ;-)

Madatgascar | 28. Oktober 2019

Looks like Elon may have to use his biohazard mode! Mandatory evacuations in his area.

TeslaTap.com | 28. Oktober 2019

I'm 100 miles away from the fires and you can see the haze and smell the smoke. It will be nice to drive in my Biohazard environment shortly. It must be really awful near the fires.

TranzNDance | 28. Oktober 2019

It would be nice for the app to have the option to set the HVAC to recirculate and/or biohazard mode to pre clean the air in the car.

MitchP85D | 28. Oktober 2019

I am proud to contribute to the annual FEMA Premium to help you Californians with your wildfires!

SCCRENDO | 28. Oktober 2019

And you are also contributing to the fires by continuing to deny climate change

rxlawdude | 28. Oktober 2019

So here is inc magazine's take on EVs in California. It's so pitifully biased but entertaining.
https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/californias-power-outage-demonstrates-big...

TeslaTap.com | 28. Oktober 2019

@TranzNDance - I've found it does a good just running normally. The air is changed fairly quickly if the fan is above 6 or so. I just hop in and the smoke smell is gone. I don't bother with Biodefence mode. The same filters are in use all the time, and recirc still pulls in some outside air by design, so I don't even bother with recirc overrides.

TranzNDance | 28. Oktober 2019

Thanks for the clarification/reassurances, TT.

TranzNDance | 29. Oktober 2019

When I've been on road trips, I've gotten reminders not to charge over 90% too often. Last week, Tesla sent a message in the app to charge fully while there was the possibility of power outages. I've been charging to 97% since maybe Friday and still haven't gotten an alert about charging over 90% too often. I wonder if the software would suppress the alert under these circumstances.

Just got another message for another planned outage. :(

Tessnme | 29. Oktober 2019

I lost power for 40 hours here in Yountville, 10 miles North of Napa, so I drove to the Napa Supercharger south of Napa for a charge and an apple fritter. Broke even financially. There was only one other car chagrining, but it was it's usual slow 45KW charge.