Forums

Mats, interior

Mats, interior

Hi, I’m sure this topic has been discussed but lack of search features let me with no other choice. Just got the model 3, awd, dual motor, beautiful.. it’s already snowing in the Midwest. Wondering if I should buy Tesla’s own interior liners from their website. I understand these are built by weather tech.. or go for the third party ones from amazon, which actually have great reviews. & might save me a few bucks... thanks in advance.. once again a beautiful car, considering its my second car, with my first being an Audi A7, 2019..

WW_spb | 14. November 2019

You managed two buy two cars on your own but can't decide what mats to buy? LoL

stingray.don | 14. November 2019

Are you willing to pay a premium for the “Tesla” and “Model 3” logo?

wiscy67 | 14. November 2019

I got this 5 piece set since I wanted fitted mats and didn't need all weather.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JD7WVMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin...

I think most on here recommend 3DMAXpider variety.

sameer_khalid | 14. November 2019

Stingray : I don’t mind to pay the premium as long as it is better quality n productivity
Wiscy. : yes, you’re right about 3DMAX.. Wanted to figure out how they compare with Tesla’s own

WW_spb | 14. November 2019

To*

stingray.don | 14. November 2019

Not better quality, just has the logo. I believe they are made by Weathertech.

Stingray : you are right, WeatherTech.. even though WT costs more than Tesla’s original ones

Stingray : you are right, WeatherTech.. even though WT costs more than Tesla’s original ones

nbleiziffer | 14. November 2019

@ WhiteWi still laughing at this one “You managed [to] buy two cars on your own but can't decide what mats to buy? LoL”

vmulla | 14. November 2019

I drove my Acura for 10yrs without feeling the carpet. When I sold the car the carpet was nice and plush for the next guy to enjoy :(

Anyway, I swore off protective mats for my Teslas just to enjoy the feel of carpet. I was pleasantly surprised that the factory mats are super easy to maintain. They went into my washer/dryer about 6 times now - no problems at all. They're also quite inexpensive.

So, if you're in a place that has moderate climate the factory mats are just fine.

ywh0533 | 14. November 2019
thedrisin | 14. November 2019

Ignore ywh0533. He has been trying to sell his mats on other threads with bogus offers.