Forums

Searching Artist On Slacker Working Again by Voice Search

Searching Artist On Slacker Working Again by Voice Search

Just got 2019.40.2.1 yesterday. After I downlaoded version 10 a couple months ago, i noticed as did many that when you pushed the steering wheel button for voice command and asked for an artist to listen to some music, it no longer played that artist and setup a channel based on them but rather would show that artist on the screen and a few choices. You had to take your eyes off the road and it basically sucked. Now, I just tried voice with a music search and it DID play that artist. Love that this is back. Not sure how many know it's back but it is and it's great.

M3phan | 13. Dezember 2019

Great! I will try today on drive home.

Trekman | 13. Dezember 2019

wooHoo

wildblue | 13. Dezember 2019

thanks for the report! This has been super annoying. Got the update yesterday but haven't tried it yet, so glad it's fixed.

jamilworm | 13. Dezember 2019

hey, you are right! Although I am sad to say it still won't play a specific song for me like it used to, it just starts a station based on that song. But at least I don't have to fiddle around with the screen after the voice search anymore.

Kahn | 13. Dezember 2019

Thanks much needed.

Ron.Olsberg | 14. Dezember 2019

I tried to select an Artist/Song four times after installing 40.2.1. Three times it played a song by the artist but not the song I asked for. One time it asked me to select a song via the center screen. Still not working like it did before the V10 update. When I check the options supported on the Slacker website, it indicates "Play on demand" is NOT supported. Maybe something changed on Slacker side? Play on demand is supported for the premium plan.

tdwin2000 | 14. Dezember 2019

I asked it to play Boston and it played just any Boston song (with the Boston station displayed as it used to). I haven't tried a specific song. Probably hit or miss if it would play the actual song. However, for that I have Apple Music subscription for FREE so no worries there (except it's nice to have the Tesla voice command do it for me when using Slacker).

vmulla | 14. Dezember 2019

Is this on the free account or paid subscription?

slingshot18 | 14. Dezember 2019

I have the paid premium plan. Still won’t play specific song on demand like before. Not happy.