Forums

Scheduled Departure - What Happened to Scheduled Charging?

Scheduled Departure - What Happened to Scheduled Charging?

I use hourly pricing from my power company and have been using Scheduled Charging on both my Model X and Model S. I recently noticed Scheduled Charging has changed to Scheduled Departure. I don't use either vehicle everyday and when I do use them, I rarely know the departure time in advance. Therefore, I do not want to preheat the cabin or battery. My question is how do I schedule charging overnight and avoid wasting energy on preheating the cabin and battery. I stopped in at the service center in Schaumburg IL. They were not able to find a method to use Scheduled Charging without also using Scheduled Departure and suggested I post this request.

Bighorn | 17. Dezember 2019

Schedule/Start Charging At

mohan49 | 20. Dezember 2019

I have been trying to use both scheduled charging and scheduled departure. They worked well until recent upgrade. Now only one of them works. If car charges at scheduled time it will not warm the car at scheduled departure and vice versa.Both were set simultaneously. I am doing something wrong? any Ideas?.

mohan49 | 20. Dezember 2019

I have been trying to use both scheduled charging and scheduled departure. They worked well until recent upgrade. Now only one of them works. If car charges at scheduled time it will not warm the car at scheduled departure and vice versa.Both were set simultaneously. I am doing something wrong? any Ideas?.

govibak | 20. Dezember 2019

You can look at your battery state by using the energy SOC toggle. Tesla can do a remote diagnostic on the battery, though I think some people have been charged for the service if nothing was wrong. What you're describing is so common, I wouldn't be contemplating problems. Often times, the numbers improve in the spring. My old Model S recently started showing about 20 miles less on a range charge. It has gotten more efficient on the road over the years, so that offsets the rated range number. https://mcdvoice.club/greatpeople-me/

Bighorn | 21. Dezember 2019

@mohan
You can't use both at once.

Daisy the Road ... | 28. Februar 2020

Sadly, the scheduled departure still doesn't do what it says. I set it for 8am, and it finishes at 5:30am +/- a few minutes. It is next to useless. Why have a setting if it is ignored?