Forums

Tesla Crashes Into Hair Salon

Tesla Crashes Into Hair Salon

The reporter says, "It is not clear what caused the Tesla to lose control to begin with."

Uhm, I'm going to go with the driver!

jamesc | 25. Dezember 2019

Amazing that when it is a Tesla it makes the news. This kind of thing happens every day with other makes of car yet only ever makes the town's local newspaper.

Scrannel | 25. Dezember 2019

Two such ICE crashes in So, Ca. this morning. Where's the headlines!

apodbdrs | 25. Dezember 2019

Ha! Ha! This head line has made world news again!

Tesla3TK | 25. Dezember 2019

I would be interested to know if automatic emergency braking engaged and whether the forward collision warning activated. I am assuming autosteer was not in use.

yudansha™ | 25. Dezember 2019

The haircut was that bad?

Lonestar10_1999 | 25. Dezember 2019

I say it’s street justice. The salon owner probably owed money to Elon and had difficulty paying it back.

2015P90DI | 25. Dezember 2019

Looks like the driver accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake and panicked.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/watch-tesla-crashes-through-front-of-danville-...

Although, also possible somehow, he hit resume on TACC/AP and the car tried to accelerate to the set speed. I've accidentally done that and it scares the crap out of me as I am mentally prepared to slow down and accidentally hit the stalk (in my MS) and the car tries to accelerate back to the speed set. Harder to do with the M3, but guess it could still happen. Might have pulled down twice on the shifter to activate it.

Either way, driver error.

yudansha™ | 25. Dezember 2019

Why do they sell jewelry in hair salon?

kevin_rf | 25. Dezember 2019

Hair raising indeed

rxlawdude | 25. Dezember 2019

@tanya, no, just a clip.

plugzin | 25. Dezember 2019

Will probably take a haircut on repairs!

jordanrichard | 25. Dezember 2019

Driver’s fault. Next.....

Cata | 25. Dezember 2019

One of those salons that charge if you're late....would have done the same

TranzNDance | 25. Dezember 2019

The driver missed the brake pedal by a hair or two.

cascadiadesign | 25. Dezember 2019

Somebody hit Salon Mode rather than Summon Mode. Common mistake.

Varricks | 27. Dezember 2019

I guess they've used up all the Audi 5000 cars. Had to switch ammo.

Ross1 | 27. Dezember 2019

That diver could have ended up in electric chair

Ross1 | 27. Dezember 2019

driver

gize | 27. Dezember 2019

Brake feels a lot like accelerator when you're 87. If nothing happens, press harder... Flash forward.. Why are these bodies and glass on my future car!??? Must be the dark side of the force...

lsummersb | 28. Dezember 2019

If you want to avoid this scenario when you are driving, don't use the "Hold" mode for stopping. That way, you will actually use the brake when you stop, and that turns off TACC. Otherwise, it could be on without your knowing it. This happened to my husband, too. Fortunately, he reacted quickly enough, hit the brake, and no harm done. We no longer use TACC or AP, after reading about many scenarios just like this one. Many owners have reported unintended accelerations, but they were not in the news, because they were, thankfully, able to avoid an accident. The other reason not to use Hold mode, is that your foot will be over the brake when stopping, not over the accelerator. Don't be too glib. It could happen to you, too. Take care, everyone.

apodbdrs | 28. Dezember 2019

Why would anyone in their right mind be using AP or TACC in a shopping center???? The real issue is that when people have an accident they want to blame anything other themselves. However, Tesla drivers should remember, that collision video footage is retained by tesla for 72 hours and there is the little black box that stores the last settings on the car. So if you get in accident don't be stupid, fess up if it is your fault, they will find out anyway. Like your car was not on AP!