Submitted by SocalB M3 on 03. Januar 2020
Five days in with my long range awd and it has completely exceeded my big expectations. I love cars. I asked for road and track subscriptions for my birthday at 10. I bought a 2 seat manual Rx7 for my first car upgraded to the fast and furious twin turbo rx7 and Infiniti coupes my friends have bmw m5’s and m3’s. I love cars. The Tesla m3 is a complete game changer. It excels at everything.
1. The stereo is incredible
2. The seats are ridiculously soft and comfortable
3. The regen one foot driving is way better than the old way
4.the instant acceleration not just from 0 but from 40 to 70 with no downshift is mind blowing
5. The autopilot is the best New feature I’ve ever experienced. I sit in Southern California traffic my back and right ankle would be sore after work. I am so much more relaxed with autopilot. It’s perfect for commuting on the freeway. I feel like I’m in the future.
6. I signed up for Tesla insurance similar coverage AAA was $3100 annually TESLA $1200 annual.
7. My regular basic 15 amp plug in my garage has been sufficient for my 60 to 75 miles of driving daily. I’m going to upgrade to my dryer plug but could deal if I had to. Plug in at 6pm unplug at 7 am = 13 hours of charge x 5 miles = 65 miles of range added at night
8. The interior and seats(I got white) looks like an exotic car from my posters I had on my walls growing up. The glass roof makes the interior feel huge and modern.
9. My 3 year old cracked up for 10 minutes by me pressing the fart button and moving it to his brothers seat.
10. I love cars, these are just the first few things that have blown me away and I felt like I had to share. Thank you for all the great info on this forum.
P.S. I ordered 12/9/19 got instant feedback from my SA was told 2-3 weeks and took delivery 21 days later. My delivery was smooth and easy. My guy was cool and helpful everyone was nice and kept congratulating me. The panel gaps and paint were as good as any new car I’ve purchased.
I named my car KITT 2020 after my favorite childhood show Knight Rider
This car is the future now.
My instincts say put every dollar into Tesla stock.
Just my honest opinion
Happy New Year