Forums

The best electric car - Taycan

The best electric car - Taycan

Bighorn | 09. Januar 2020

The article debunks that headline claim by a British tabloid. Not even close.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 09. Januar 2020

And... Bighorn is always right. Carry on.

NorthValley | 09. Januar 2020

About the only area where the Porsche will surely beat Tesla is in fit and finish...and that gap is getting closer all the time...

andy.connor.e | 09. Januar 2020

This is what the Taycan makes me think about. Only in this case, "less is more" is referring to spending a shitload more and getting alot less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjbfjCPuO2Y

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

NorthValley | January 9, 2020
About the only area where the Porsche will surely beat Tesla is in fit and finish...and that gap is getting closer all the time...

Compare it to a roadster when they come out as they are peers, not the model 3.

FISHEV | 09. Januar 2020

"Compare it to a roadster when they come out as they are peers, not the model 3."

Taycan is a four door BIG CAR. Model S is the comparison, Large EV four door sedans.

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

yes because money is not what makes cars equal /rollseyes

A McClaren and a Fusion are peers, they both have 2 doors!

mrburke | 09. Januar 2020

"Probably fair to say the Porsche Taycan will be the gold standard on EV's"
If by gold standard, you mean the EV that requires the most gold to buy one, then I will agree.

My car is better than a Lamborghini because my car has 4 doors and the lambo has 2 doors. Clearly camry has higher value.

WhiteWind | 09. Januar 2020

Does it have rear criss cross nuclear alert?

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

The Mac Dad will make you jump jump
Daddy Mac will make you jump jump
Kris Kross will make you jump jump

Hahha Jump Jump Jump

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 09. Januar 2020

@fish, January 2020: “I'd personally give [best EV label] to Xpeng G3”
@fish, December 2019: “Right now, the e-Tron is the best EV to me.”

Eyup.

agoraya | 09. Januar 2020

Hardly news. Not the first time for Porsche to win a World Championship, and won't be the last.

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

agoraya | January 9, 2020
Hardly news. Not the first time for Porsche to win a World Championship, and won't be the last.

Maybe you should read the story or even the thread before posting. May save you looking foolish.

FISHEV | 09. Januar 2020

@fish, January 2020: “I'd personally give [best EV label] to Xpeng G3”
@fish, December 2019: “Right now, the e-Tron is the best EV to me.”
Eyup@MAB1980

What a difference a month makes, Taycan comes out and takes the spot.

Driving Audi Q7 while M3 in shop and it did remind me how much I like the e-Tron. The commonality of controls from the ICE to EV versions of the Q5 was interesting. Which gets me more excited about the Ford Mach-E coming in December.

@fish “What a difference a month makes”

When your live in arbitrary land, it sure can.

What changed between mid-December 2019 and early January 2020 which made you re-rank two 2018 vehicles?

I hope you will enjoy your Mach E as much you enjoyed your model 3 :)

TeslaTap.com | 09. Januar 2020

@FISH - If each car of the week is better than your Tesla, why don't you buy one? You clearly hate everything about Tesla. It seems foolish to keep a vehicle you despise so much. I know many here would love to see you in something other than a Tesla, so your rants would move to that vehicle's forum.

As for the Taycan - it does take the top spot for the lowest EV efficiency of any EV made today. They must have worked hard to fail so badly.

coselectric | 09. Januar 2020

I'll just go ahead and answer for Fish to save him the time.

Taycan has better safeties including Rear Cross Traffic Warning.

(Go back to whatever you were doing, Fish, I'll take it from here)

Oh oh It can use great EA charging stations with CCS and all the jazz. And it has less range bc I don't need range, you know ))

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

you know who does Rear Cross Track Alerts the best Subaru. Lets see how that is working out for them...

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/new-subaru-crosstrek-involved-most-fault...

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

Lets see about porsche....

https://repairpal.com/reliability/porsche

The Porsche Reliability Rating is 2.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 32nd out of 32 for all car brands.

If it is on the internet, it is true amirite?

FISHEV | 09. Januar 2020

"Lets see how that is working out for them..."

Did you see the hilarious debunking of @Bighorn's phony Subaru claim?

Joshan | 09. Januar 2020

you mean the company that recalled 500k vehicles today to fix an issue that was already recalled and "fixed" once? Because it may kill you?

ya...

calvin940 | 09. Januar 2020

Taycan will be the fool's gold standard that's for sure. you will spend 180k to not match a model 3. nice work.

What happened in the last 648 hours which made you change your ranking of two cars which entered production more than a year ago?

FISHEV | 09. Januar 2020

"What happened in the last 648 hours which made you change your ranking of two cars which entered production more than a year ago?"

Your hours are off.

I dont believe this FISHEV posting right now is the same FISHEV we have been dealing with.

Fuzzball | 09. Januar 2020

I thought the dude who was quitting forum was taking fishy with him...and vmulla, way to start a topic that gets fishy in action...

@Fuzzball

"I thought the dude who was quitting forum was taking fishy with him..."
-----------------
can't blame a person for dreaming...

jallred | 09. Januar 2020

IIHS has a big check mark for model 3 for blind spot detection. Is IIHS trustworthy?

jordanrichard | 09. Januar 2020

The only thing the Porsche Taycan is the “gold standard” for is an over priced car. Porsche created it to try and stem the tide of business going to Tesla. The people that will be buying the Taycan will be loyal Porsche owners. Once that market is filled, the Taycan will be dead. One of the Porsche dealers here in CT said that a full 50% of their reservation holder bailed when Porsche came out with the pricing scheme. Then when the 201 debacle came to light, that list got eroded even more.

Also, Porsche had claimed that a large number of their reservations were from Tesla owners. Well, that turned out to not be true. I am sure there were some and I know of someone that did, but not the amount that Porsche was implying. The dealer/salesman I spoke with said none of the people on their list as it stands now, are Tesla owners.

2015P90DI | 09. Januar 2020

For everyone that buys a Taycan, they will agree that it's "the best EV in the world". That's why the bought it!!

For those that choose a Tesla, they'll say it's the best EV in the world. As with just about everything, what's "best" is subjective and will differ from person to person. If everyone viewed things exactly the same, would be a boring world.

To my personal amazement, there are many people that LOVE the front end of the Model 3. At the same time, there are probably just as many that hate it, with a whole bunch of people somewhere in the middle. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

gballant4570 | 09. Januar 2020

The Porsche is a nice enough car, if you overlook the fact that it is vastly overpriced. But to say it is "the best" is at best delusional, bordering on psychosis.

BumblebeEV | 09. Januar 2020

I think they have pulled out a very nice piece of engineering for Porsche purists.

However, Tesla have achieved better in everything else

“ For those that choose a Tesla, they'll say it's the best EV in the world.”

Nah, at least not all of us. I have no interest in subjectively ranking stuff.

”To my personal amazement, there are many people that LOVE the front end of the Model 3”

Me too. I think the model 3 is certainly the best looking tesla vehicle (new roadster notwithstanding), but the front is an outlier.

yudansha™ | 09. Januar 2020

"The WLTP gives the Model 3 Performance a 329-mile..." In which world does P get 329?

^ the one in which you drive at 30 miles an hour.

What is the real range of Taycan is if P is 329. 150?

PteRoy | 09. Januar 2020

Tanya, the person driving was very small.

FISHEV | 09. Januar 2020

"What is the real range of Taycan is if P is 329. 150?"

More like 275. Porsche may be pulling a Tesla (and Jag and Audi) with a lot of battery reserve not yet available.

https://insideevs.com/news/387395/porsche-taycan-turbo-beat-epa/

@PteRoy It looks good at first glance and the price is OK, but no glass roof and busy dashboard in addition to the lame range turns me off.

@FISHEV Hopefully, but I'm doubtful. Let's see when it is a reality.

“ Porsche may be pulling a Tesla (and Jag and Audi) with a lot of battery reserve not yet available.”

This could only be believed by someone who either:
1) doesn’t understand the test protocol, or
2) thinks Porsche withheld energy during EPA testing but not when they paid a company to test after their EPA-compliant results were unacceptable.

Actually I take it back. The author might suffer from both deficiencies.

ken.lunde | 09. Januar 2020

My wife's life-long dream car was the Porsche 911. That dream completely evaporated after she bought her Tesla Model 3 LR AWD a little over a year ago. Knowing my wife, that was not an easy feat. In other words, the Taycan is not compelling at all. We discovered that there is much more to Tesla EVs than merely being EVs. That's why we own a pair of Model 3s.

@MAB1980 | January 9, 2020
Actually I take it back. The author might suffer from both deficiencies.
----------------------------------------------------
Let me fix that for you.

The author suffers from both deficiencies. His countless posts have proven many deficiencies including common sense and Math.

lbowroom | 09. Januar 2020

“More like...”

No, it’s not at all like that.

We’ve had this conversation already.

I believe Porsche numbers which pretty much agree with the EPA numbers. Operated normally, the Turbo gets high 190s-low 200s.
https://www.porsche.com/uk/models/taycan/taycan-models/taycan-4s/

Mid 180s on 21s in Wyoming .

Pages