Forums

Getting a purchase of a used Tesla recognized

Getting a purchase of a used Tesla recognized

I want to let people who might be having difficulty getting their purchase of a used Tesla recognized to set up an account and get the app to work. I was finally able to use the following process. I had been trying for a long period after buying my Tesla S used from a third party dealer. Originally I was instructed to send a copy of the title/colored copy of driver's license to a Tesla email address but nothing happened. After reaching someone at Tesla by phone I was told that the team is no longer using that method. You have to create an account and then use the screen to pull up a section where it asks you to add a vehicle to your account (scroll all the way to the bottom). The tricky part is there is a bug on the web site and the letters on the part allowing you to add a vehicle is white on white unless you hit control A. Once you do that you will see the letters of multiple sections that you need to use. After you add the vin number of the vehicle you purchased you will need to download photos of the title and the front and back of your driver's license so be prepared for that. It did not work to use my phone to do the downloads so I was advised to use a laptop/chrome.