Forums

If you own both a MS and M3...

If you own both a MS and M3...

Did the recent updates cripple regen in the M3 similar to what it did in the MS?

EVRider | 14. Februar 2020

I haven’t noticed a reduction in regen in either our S100D or MR3 (RWD). Is this only for certain configurations?

RedShift | 14. Februar 2020

No.

NKYTA | 14. Februar 2020

No.

PrescottRichard | 14. Februar 2020

Really, that IS interesting. Two ‘no’s makes me hope this is a temporary issue. I’m not suffering like Barry is, so I consider myself smart.

PrescottRichard | 14. Februar 2020

Lucky. Consider myself lucky.

Maybe smart for living in a more temperate climate :)

TeslaTap.com | 14. Februar 2020

I don't see any regen reduction in my S, other than colder temps. After battery gets to 60F or so, full regen. Note that if the battery is cold-soaked, it may take a while to come up to outdoor temps - so when it says 60F on the dash, the battery may be colder and regen is limited.

jerrykham | 14. Februar 2020

The Model 3 my wife drives (and I drive sometimes) still has the one pedal driving feature that came out a few releases back. Higher regen now than when the car was delivered to her - which is required to support the one pedal feature. My Model S 75 has the same regen it has always had. No appreciable difference whatsoever.

Anthony J. Parisio | 14. Februar 2020

barrykmd ,
Did you remember to reboot after the update? I know Tesla says this is not necessary. However I have read here so many times that update without reboot can lead to glitches.

reed_lewis | 14. Februar 2020

I see no regen difference on either my 3 or S except when the car is cold. After it warms up, it is exactly the same as before.

But I preheat the cars in my garage for about 45 minutes before I leave in the AM, so I guess I am not a valid sample.

reed_lewis | 14. Februar 2020

@barrykmd - Is the car warm when you are driving? If it is cold, then it will not regen as much.

Mike G | 14. Februar 2020

No reduction in my 2015 85d or model 3. Today it was -22 Celsius in the morning, so regen was limited. I turned on the battery heating and regen was full in 10 minutes of moderate driving on city streets.

barrykmd | 14. Februar 2020

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post. I'm referring to the temperature-related decrease in regen Below 60F it cuts back. Below 40F it cuts way back. And it's not the most recent update (2020.4) as I didn't receive that one. I'm still on 2019.40.2.3 ( 2015 85D)