Forums

Service Observations

Service Observations

I find it very frustrating whenever I need my ultra-reliable Model X serviced.
Yesterday I brought it in for three (3) minor things:
1. Check the batteries (mine is 3.5 years old and battery degradation is noticeable: 5-10%)
2. Annual checkup (which I now find is only recommended every 2-3 years), and
3. A window that rolls up too far and I get road noise until I "bump" it down a little.
I just got my car back, but:
1. Before I got my car back, they told me 15 minutes after closing that it was ready. I wish they'd told me sooner.
2. They said they'd offer an Uber voucher, which I saved for my return trip to the dealer (because I had a lot of places I had to stop),
so I'm literally bumming rides off disgruntled people, only to find out today that the voucher was for $100 and could have been used multiple times.
It would have been nice if someone had told me that.
3. The text messages said I could look at the invoice and pay in the app, except that app had me locked out because my car was in service.
4. The estimate was $330, but it came in at about $410. I was told that was because parts were on a different page, but please, make the out-the-door
bottom-line price less than the estimate. To do otherwise is unseemly.
5. I was told that the invoice had been mailed to me, but it took over 90 minutes.
6. They service writer gave me no feedback, and the written report was useless; simply boilerplate. No useful information. Very disappointed.
7. They didn't fix my window, but I could have given them a simple methodology to do it ... there is simply nowhere to give feedback or suggestions
(not online, no chat is available [even though they say there is], not on the phone [simply an endless loop that does not allow you to talk to
a person], and not in person [they are too overworked to take suggestions]).
Tesla, there is a lot more work to be done! Please bring your service department up to the level of your vehicle!