Forums

Please Read First Before Posting On The Forums

Tesla’s forum provides an online meeting space for owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are entertaining, helpful and useful. We encourage you to participate and only ask that you be respectful of others. Don’t post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, sexual in nature, infringe on the proprietary rights of others, or impersonate or misrepresent yourself or other individuals, including Tesla employees. Only post material which you own or for which you have received a copyright license. Whatever you post, we reserve the right to copy and use. We also reserve the right to edit or delete your post as well as suspend your account.

All posts represent the author’s views and not of Tesla’s.

Coastal Cruiser. | 30. November 2018

Interesting. Just noticed that there are 5 page trackers on this forum: Google analytics, Google tag manager, Marketo, Secured visit, New relic.

PNWM3 | 30. November 2018

ok

Glewster | 01. Dezember 2018

The summon feature is on the mobile app but it would be nice to have it available in the car so I don't have to pull out my phone inside the car.

Sunergy-NJ | 01. Dezember 2018

Can't you just drive it if you're in the car? Just askin'

kaffine | 01. Dezember 2018

Test. Having issues posting in other threads.

syclone | 04. Dezember 2018

test

lcbishop | 04. Dezember 2018

I just picked up my model 3 long range dual motor. Every time I open the doors there is a wheezing sound, or vacuum sound. What is the problem, should this be a due bill issue for the service center to correct?

rpc_in_va | 04. Dezember 2018

I bishop, you should start a specific thread with that as the title. This is just a sticky thread for how to use the forum, not the place for discussion.

Coastal Cruiser. | 09. Dezember 2018

If you have trouble posting to the forums try using another browser. Worked for me lately for the occasional times when I couldn't post.

But the forum software seems to be under the influence of red kryptonite so it's different all the time.

johnwjenningsiii | 10. Dezember 2018

We just received our delivery date notification. We pick up our Model 3 this Friday on Macadam Ave in Portland. We will drive in with a Honda CRV and drive out with Starshine our Model 3. We are proud to be a part of the Tesla family! John and Karen Jennings

wendellstephens | 10. Dezember 2018

Can you use "car play" on tesla. I know you can use naviagate and their maps but it would nice to connect on carplay.

itsnice2be | 10. Dezember 2018

Submitted by Tesla Ownership on March 13, 2016
Tesla’s forum provides an online meeting space for owners and enthusiasts to exchange ideas that are entertaining, helpful and useful. We encourage you to participate and only ask that you be respectful of others. Don’t post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, sexual in nature, infringe on the proprietary rights of others, or impersonate or misrepresent yourself or other individuals, including Tesla employees. Only post material which you own or for which you have received a copyright license. Whatever you post, we reserve the right to copy and use. We also reserve the right to edit or delete your post as well as suspend your account.

Kittybel | 11. Dezember 2018

Got my Tesla Model 3 long range dual motor on December 6, 2018. I loved the car. If you got a LR dual motor model 3 the car trunk will have a logo saying dual motor. The Tesla purchase order will detail what was purchased.

bostonbeany | 11. Dezember 2018

Are Tesla Model 3 owners using traditional car washes. Are people running into any problems? It's just a car?

rsettembre | 12. Dezember 2018

Good experience up to and including right now T (delivery) minus 11 days.
All reps have been intelligent, responsive, and did what they said they would do.
Waiting for Wall Connector to ship... thats about it.
More to come at end of year.
One comment however. Have to return home on Dec 22 from Mt. Kisko delivery point...352 miles from home. Asked what the charge state would be on delivery on my Model 3 Long Range dual motor and learned that "at least 50%" is the standard. Any one who can let me know if there is a supercharger between there and Binghamton NY on my Rt 17 return home?... It would be appreciated.

CharleyBC | 12. Dezember 2018

@rsettembre: Best to post inquiries like this as new threads. This one is really for generic forum stuff.

But since you asked, it looks like you have some Supercharger options, depending on the route you take. At a glance I see Superchargers in Newburgh, Kingston, and Moosic. See https://www.tesla.com/findus.
BTW, ours was delivered with 90% battery.

andy.connor.e | 13. Dezember 2018

Really surprising that people still post relevant discussion topics here, when this is not a place for discussion topics.

M3BlueGeorgia | 14. Dezember 2018

OK, this one is weird.....

Whenever I log back in to my account, it switches me to the en_GB web variant, despite that I'm clearly USA-based, and then I don't get forum access.

Very weird software bug.

andy.connor.e | 14. Dezember 2018

Sometimes when i would try to post, i would first have to login which would first log me out. Then i can hit login again and type in all my info. Then when i go to the Model 3 forum page, im still not logged in. So i hit login again and it logs me out and automatically logs me back in and goes to "My Tesla" page. Then i go back to Model 3 forums and im still logged out. So i refresh the page and im logged in. Then i go to a topic and write a comment and hit save, and then it posts the comment but logs me out again.

This website is pretty unstable. Others have flawless experience.

rwglynn | 14. Dezember 2018

test

CST | 17. Dezember 2018

Inappropriate posting... seems appropriate.

bcullen | 18. Dezember 2018

Tesla kindly delivered my Model 3 to my house while I was out of the country and left it in my driveway locked (and blocking my garage). The app says "mobile access disabled". Any tips on how to get into my car?

bcullen | 18. Dezember 2018

Never mind above post. I posted separately and got a resolution. Thanks

evn55922 | 18. Dezember 2018

ghgfhdfgegryiouy

rfbaldesari | 28. Dezember 2018

My Model 3 AWD, Dual Motor was delivered on Nov. 9 in Tempe, AZ. I am curious about how to get the rear badges saying Dual Motor and Model 3. Does Tesla charge for them? I think they add a finishing touch to a great car. This is the best car I have ever owned.

dj847 | 29. Dezember 2018

I bought a Tesla in Sept 2018; paid for DMV registration in my original Tesla Invoice, received my license plates and stickers from DMV, but DMV has NO record of this car being registered. I registered and checked their virtual online services. I did not receive the standard registration docs with the 2019 sticker. In order to request a rebate I need to have a copy of my DMV registration.
Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks

Harkermatthew3 | 30. Dezember 2018

where can i view a model 3 in the UK?

Harkermatthew3 | 30. Dezember 2018

where can i view a model 3 in the UK?

Achlebek | 04. Januar 2019

How long can T3 last without charging? How high (%) should it be charged to stay a little over two weeks (15 days).

Achlebek | 04. Januar 2019

How long can T3 last without charging? How high (%) should it be charged to stay a little over two weeks (15 days)?

tracyyiu | 05. Januar 2019

I just received my license plate, I tried unscrewing the screw to mount the plate on but the screw won't come out. Is there a better way to mount the license plate?

hopiya | 05. Januar 2019

I got the email fromTesla confirming my reservation within 24 hours, 22 hours. It would be nice if they could tell us where we stand in line. At 8 PM Hawaiian time, their website counted around 130,000 reservations, when i got their confirmation about 180,000. So where in between do i fit? It would be great to find out... Just a suggestion for Tesla.
https://downloader.vip/itunes/ https://inro.in/mobdro/ https://inro.in/tutuapp/

Mike83 | 06. Januar 2019

If anyone is an actual owner post Privately as there are many anti-Tesla posts that doesn't help real owners. Tesla will set it up if you own a car. Also put private in your title so it is more visible.

uwe.keim | 08. Januar 2019

Some weeks ago, some friends and I decided to set up another discussion forum in German regarding primary Tesla Model 3 and getting contact to other German drivers.

Is it allowed to post a link to it?

https://elemob.de

We decided to use the modern forum software Discourse to have a competitive advantage over other, well established forums.

Maybe you like it an my give us a visit? We are non-profit private enthusiasts that do love Tesla.

Mike83 | 08. Januar 2019

Our Tesla insurance is much less than our old ICE vehicles and this may be why>

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-patent-smart-seats-safer-airbag-deployme...

Mike83 | 08. Januar 2019

This is the one I wanted to post above. Yet the one above also applies to lower insurance costs.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-q4-2018-vehicle-safety-report-results/

mariovolders | 10. Januar 2019

is there a topic search on this forum ?

jimglas | 10. Januar 2019

no

anneweg95 | 10. Januar 2019

hi, i am new here. My Tesla 3 needs new insurance, i don't know, which insurance is now the best one. I need help. Thank you.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 10. Januar 2019

I use USAA, but I'm military, so possibly not available for you. Hope you find a good one!

JustSaying | 11. Januar 2019

AMICA

rpc_in_va | 11. Januar 2019

What he said - Amica.

lsslss | 11. Januar 2019

I am getting ready to install the Tesla Wall Connector for my soon to be purchased Model 3. My electrician asked, "Is there NO neutral required?" I thought someone on this forum might know. Thanks in advance for your help . . . .Lane

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 11. Januar 2019

That thing should come with instructions. Play a YouTube video for him/her. I personally don’t have the TWC.

jimglas | 12. Januar 2019
SAMMARK60 | 12. Januar 2019

my 2018 model 3 screen keeps crashing. Any ideas before I invoke the LEMON LAW??

rpc_in_va | 14. Januar 2019

Try rebooting: hold both thumb wheels down until the screen goes dark. It’ll come back up in about 10 sec. or so.

Also, this thread is just how to use the forum. You should open a separate thread for issues, etc.

ANOGO | 23. Januar 2019

What does the info on the screen "Limited regenerative braking" mean? I mean why is it showing at times?

derotam | 24. Januar 2019

lsslss, get a new electrician, one that knows the Tesla equipment, or is smart enough to do his own research to figure it out.

yesskarthik | 29. Januar 2019

Powering off and charge port issues with my newly delivered Model 3 MR

I got the new model 3 delivered to my home Saturday evening, but i am
having lots of issues with the car ever since and have hardly driven
20 miles.
1. The charge port does not open, tried all the different ways with
tech support on phone.
This issue was there right when the car was delivered but the Tesla
rep got it fixed with “an update” in an hour and demonstrated the
touch screen to open it. But it doesn’t work any more.
2. I am not able to turn off the car, mirrors won’t fold and lights
won’t turn off. I turned off the head lights manually but the tail
lights are ON
3 Battery has come down from 130mi to 78mi despite having driven just
20 miles and is losing charge continuously
4. The rear door left doesn’t open from inside despite unlocking it,
only the external latch works
5. Powering off the vehicle via touch screen safety and controls have
the touch screen come back right away.
6 resetting via roller wheels on the steering wheel didn’t help.
I am more worried if there is a problem with the sensor, computer or
other mechanical issues.

Any insights would be helpful.
Thanks
PS I have called Tesla support multiple times and i haven't heard back from the mobile service yet. The new car is just sitting in my garage draining battery since the touch screen and the tail lamp refuses to power down and the charge port does not open.

Pages