Forums

Reservations topping over 200,000

Reservations topping over 200,000

Wow!

SD Supercharger | 01. April 2016

Direct Elon Tweet-

"Model 3 orders at 180,000 in 24 hours. Selling price w avg option mix prob $42k, so ~$7.5B in a day. Future of electric cars looking bright!" ---- I think they are well on the way to 300K in the first week.

Bighorn | 01. April 2016

Elon tweeted it

KP in NPT | 01. April 2016

Mary Barra, your thoughts? ;)

Tropopause | 01. April 2016

Don't forget, the Bolt is still available for a little more money than Model 3. Doh!!!

Nexxus | 01. April 2016

I just hope Tesla can meet the 2017 deadline and in volume. Something tells me Tesla could have half a million reservations (or more) by then and everyone will want theirs...now!!

7bn in revenue with reservations - so far. Hoping they take that money and double the lines for ramp.

mrdaniel | 01. April 2016
dd.micsol | 01. April 2016

People didn't believe me. Now do you? I hit both numbers perfectly. 24hr and 36hr. Expect 250k by end of month.

TRO-Bolt is a joke. I'm sorry. Will never ever buy it.

Tropopause | 01. April 2016

Go Model 3!!!

jamespahk | 01. April 2016

Can you say stone chips ? 3M clear bra please.

Bighorn | 01. April 2016

45 minutes between tweets of 180k and 198k

Amazing. "Definitely going to need to rethink production planning." Do we really think he's this surprised?

JeffreyR | 01. April 2016

@ElonMusk's last tweet:

"Definitely going to need to rethink production planning...."

Bighorn | 01. April 2016

Puts a lot of pressure on the delivery timeframe. I don't think the Model X delays informs the situation much--two different animals.

Would he stop S and X and go straight to III production? With more on the line 10b worth -he might.

Ankit Mishra | 01. April 2016

Woo hoo!!!

Ankit Mishra | 01. April 2016

@dd.micsol
Nope. That would be a bad move. Tesla needs to forward and not backwards. Also, S and X sales will be the source of money for Model 3. Can't stop that.

Bighorn | 01. April 2016

@Ankit +1
Margins matter

carlk | 01. April 2016

@Ankit Mishra, @Bighorn

+1. Mercedes and Porsche may like to see that happen but not Tesla shareholders.

carlk | 01. April 2016

@Ankit Mishra, @Bighorn

+1. Mercedes and Porsche may like to see that happen but not Tesla shareholders.

Ross1 | 01. April 2016

If the deposit is refundable then the cash received as deposits may have to sit untouched in a trust account.

One snippet I have picked up is that the $1000 can be changed to a deposit on X or S.
That being the case,the deposits are not refundable and can be used for whatever they like.

Bluesday Afternoon | 01. April 2016

@Ross

Contact Tesla and ask for your refund. Then you'll know.

Teslaguy | 01. April 2016

I can see an East Coast production plant in Tesla's near future, probably in the South.....right next to the BMW plant.

skip8jones | 01. April 2016

What is amazing is that while the number of reservations far exceeded the predictions and has been covered by most of the media, today's Wall Street jUrinal makes no mention of the it. Not about the lines of people that waited outside for hours until the stores opened, what the M3 looks like, its range and the number of sight unseen reservations made, nothing.

jordanrichard | 01. April 2016

The WSJ knows who pays their bills.

Jay M | 01. April 2016

Bob Lutz has been very quiet today.
... I wonder how his crow is tasting?

David N | 01. April 2016

" Wall Street jUrinal "
Very appropriate, I got a good chuckle out of that.

SUN 2 DRV | 01. April 2016

Ross: Please read the Reservation Agreement for how the deposit works, including info on the holding account.

https://model3.tesla.com/reservationAgreement

jeffreytcat19 | 01. April 2016

Placed my reservation at 9:30 pacific time. I'm really curious to know what number in line my reservation is!

jeffreytcat19 | 01. April 2016

Placed my reservation at 9:30 pacific time. I'm really curious to know what number in line my reservation is!

Ross1 | 02. April 2016

@ Joe, that link funnily enough only brought up an emergency response guide

Red Sage ca us | 05. April 2016

I figure there are a lot of things involving the Production planning that already must be done by a particular date. This number of Reservations moves the whole timetable up by a considerable amount. My guess is at least three months, and probably six months forward for the earliest milestones. Meanwhile, others that may have been projected to be put off for 24-to-36 months will have to be in place within 18 instead. Whatever pace they were making at the Gigafactory that had them 'ahead of schedule', will have to be redoubled, because they are now behind instead.

There is going to be a whole lot of overtime at Tesla Motors over the next 18 months. Kids? Kiss your Mommy and Daddy goodbye... They both have to go to WORK... You're going to Grandma's house for a while...

Haggy | 05. April 2016

Maybe I should get a job at the Tesla factory, if only to help make sure that I get my car sooner.

Mike83 | 05. April 2016

I'm willing to make coffee. They could also hire a masseuse and a pizza chef. Some beds nearby so workers could save transportation time putting in two shifts/day. Perhaps a Nordic track and other exercise equipment.

brando | 05. April 2016

Expecting truth, facts and insights from the News Media? Wake up. All main stream news media owned by a few global corporations. Advertising/Public Relations for corporations and government (that includes the military and all the secret services and -Fatherland- HomeLand Security. Just sayin.

Red Sage ca us | 05. April 2016

brando: Uhm... Take the pillow from your head... And put a BOOK in it...? Yeah, Die Vaterland Security... Big Brother is watching and stuff. Always.

And now, a word from our sponsor...

Of the 53 vehicles of all types that sold at least 100,000 units in the United States of America during 2015, only one of them had a base price under $15,000. That was the Nissan Versa, which came in at #33, selling 144,528 units. That is less than half as many as all the vehicles in the top 12, which sold in excess of 300,000 units each. It is 456,016 units behind the Chevrolet Silverado at #2... And 635,826 units short of the Ford F-Series pickup trucks at #1.

I expect that the Tesla Model ☰ will reach more than 200,000 US Customers during either 2018 or 2019. That should be enough to crack the top 25 among all vehicles... And the top 12 among all passenger cars in the US. That sort of sales performance will not go unnoticed by the automotive industry.

brando | 06. April 2016

5. Customer Deposits

We collect deposits from customers at the time they place an order for a vehicle and, in some locations, at certain additional milestones up to the point of delivery. Customer deposit amounts and timing vary depending on the vehicle model and country of delivery. Customer deposits related to Model X currently represent fully refundable reservations.

Customer deposits are included in current liabilities until refunded or until they are applied to a customer’s purchase balance at time of delivery.

As of March 31, 2015 and December 31, 2014, we held customer deposits of $249.5 million and $257.6 million.

SamO | 01. April 2017

Wow. 200,000. thats probably them limit, right?

Carl Thompson | 01. April 2017

Maybe SamO is bumping old and dead threads to stroke his vanity? So that anyone who looks at the forum's topic list will see a bunch of "SamO" in the "last reply" column?

Whatever the reason bumping old topics with nonsense posts is annoying.

akgolf | 01. April 2017

I feel sorry for you Carl or is it Eagles?

Red Sage ca us | 01. April 2017

A discussion of pertinent information that lends value to the community.