Forums

Using Remote to close all doors suggestion!

Using Remote to close all doors suggestion!

Instead of pressing the lock button once to close all doors, can you please have it close with 3 presses? There's been times when i'm trying to reach the back seat or get something and the key in my pocket gets pressed. Next thing i know all the doors are closing on me. It hit my father on the head, embarassingly enough....

aliuzma | 28. Juli 2016

Agreed this has happened to me as well. As a double click is already reserved for unlock and a triple click may be a little tough, how about a long single click, like 2 sec.

Bw476 | 29. Juli 2016

I sat down in the car with the key in my pocket and all the doors started closing and hit a 8mo pregnant woman on the head...

bhoskins | 29. Juli 2016

Are all of these dangerous closings happening while wearing skinny jeans???

nomisb | 29. Juli 2016

This just happened to me this morning! Trunk bonked husband on the head and falcon door hit me - seems to me that unless this is adjusted we can't safely keep key in pockets. I was excited about this upgrade but not so thrilled now...Love the idea of holding it down for two seconds to close all doors.

ir | 29. Juli 2016

Wife had the fob in her purse. Doors closed on her while trying to load the kids in.

dlake | 30. Juli 2016

I thought the reason the MX was delayed was that they were perfecting the falcon wing doors and their sensors/closing mechanism?

aesculus | 30. Juli 2016

I thought the reason the MX was delayed was that they were perfecting the falcon wing doors and their sensors/closing mechanism?

Yeah. You should have seen them before. :-)

georgehawley.fl.us | 31. Juli 2016

I sent the three click suggestion in to Tesla last week. Eminently sensible.

georgehawley.fl.us | 31. Juli 2016

Three clicks much less likely to occur by accident in pocket than one click, long or short.

rossRallen | 31. Juli 2016

Half the time my FWDs don't respond to two clicks, yet I've inadvertently opened one of them too many times by having the fob in a pants pocket. Never the frunk or trunk. Maybe there's a combination of sustained presses that does the same thing as two short ones?

Flyhigh123 | 07. August 2016

We need to get this to the top!

i guess we just need elon's X to close on him once :D... then we will get it fixed lol

chris | 08. August 2016

+1

jamie.baxter | 08. August 2016

Fully agree - 3 clicks would be a great improvement!

rossRallen | 08. August 2016

Three quick ones to open or close a Falcon Wing door gets my vote.

RonaldA | 09. August 2016

I closed the hatch on my wife's head...same situation pocket key fob press. She was fine, I'm recovering slowly

ir | 22. August 2016

Not quite 3 clicks but at least we can now disable the fob "close all" via recent software update.