Forums

5 seat interior

5 seat interior

Just ordered model x with 5 seat and read the comments did not realize there was a long wait. How long for me to receive an up sale call? Read that they give a discount, if so how much? Thanks guys for your input.

vperl | 01. September 2016

The delay was on the area your checked for the five seat configuration.

I expect you never bothered to read the information.

Always a good idea to read what Tesla writes, no matter if Tesla does or does not honor it's commitments.

Tesla does as Tesla does

Be Happy

eric.zucker | 02. September 2016

I'm not sure the 5 seat configuration is that interesting. The middle rear seat is narrower, positioned under the Falcon Wing support structure and hinge, thus impractical for even not so tall people.

It's really a 4+1 seater. Four adults and one child.

Maybe that's why Tesla is so reluctant to produce them, t's not the experience they want their customers subjected to.

It just cannot be that difficult to take the 3rd row seats out and create a large trunk floorboard.

jestah | 02. September 2016

The MX 5 seat is interesting in the sense that no prototype was present at the Meet your X roadshow way back when. To date no official announcements by tesla regarding the 5 seat have been made, however it is of course still offered as the 'base' seating configuration with descirption of "Maximize cargo capacity with two rows of seating for five adults."

Not sure if middle seat is narrower, didn't appear to be the case in the many MXs that I have sat in but here is how Tesla feels about the subject (from the Model X homepage)

"Every seat is the best seat in the house, but the second row seats are a work of art. Mounted on a single post and independently reclining, each second row seat is designed to maximize passenger comfort, legroom, under seat storage and access to the third row."

Gayatrikr | 02. September 2016

To many of us the middle was not needed for sitting adult or child it was needed only for continuity and those who didnt need a third row
Unfortunate tesla is doing this to us
Not appreciated

Errol_martinez | 02. September 2016

Did read the delay but when started reading the forums there was a delay before this it said delivery mid 2016. Worried it may be pushed again to 2017. Any info about the discount.

vperl | 02. September 2016

Why do the six and seven seat Klan worry, and cry about my and others choice for the five seat configuration.

I could explain again, but these "helpers" are of no help when they question anyone's configuration.

Please be happy with your configuration.

Be. Happy

sKaz | 02. September 2016

For once in my life I actually agree with vperl. Why is there so much discussion about the 5 seater? Leave vperl and his 3 cronies be. The amount of threads devoted to a topic that only 3 people are interested in baffles my mind...

Be Happy.

How about that.

Amazing

Be Happy

How about that.

Amazing

Be Happy

jestah | 02. September 2016

The discussion stems from reservation holders who put down deposits many years ago and the moment they were able to configure the Model X many did so selecting exactly the vehicle they desired with the options presented to them. At the time (January) these early reservation holders were shown a mid-2016 delivery for selecting 5 seats.

Since then Tesla has announced and/or delivered new MX models, 60D, 75D, P100D and delivered thousands of cars to new customers that have not been waiting years for their X.

Let’s be clear, the car simply needs the rear seats to not be installed, and some simple covering over the area.

New orders for 5 seat config shows late 2016, and yet that is now the same told to us early reservation holders who ordered 9 months ago (I have even been told early 2017)

The threads are the only source of information that we have, we will not be excluded from Thread Therapy

Exactly,

Tesla in it's infinite wisdom is totally silent and will not comment unless someone nails Elon at an open event, or he responds coherently to a tweet.

Good luck with that.

Be Happy

Exactly,

Tesla in it's infinite wisdom is totally silent and will not comment unless someone nails Elon at an open event, or he responds coherently to a tweet.

Good luck with that.

Be Happy

jnuyens | 04. September 2016

I ordered a 5 seater too. But after learning that it hasn't been designed yet and probably is identical to the 7-seater without the back row, I changed my order to the 6 seater (with mandatory air suspension). For moving larger stuff in the MX, the space between the 2 second row seats will be more practical than a non-folding second row.

Now if I misunderstood and the second row in the 5 seater becomes foldable, I might regret that decision.

Gayatrikr | 04. September 2016

Yes i wud b more upset if it turned out to b foldable
And wud b upset if they start delivering soon after i take delivery of my upgraded 6

Osu18 | 04. September 2016

EM, I doubt you will receive the upsell call as these seemed to have happened last month for P90 orders with 5 Seat config. In case you do they were offering to some 1/2 price on the AS and 1/2 price on the 6 or 7 seat config.

Gayatrikr | 05. September 2016

Mine is base 70

Gayatrikr | 05. September 2016

But did get the half

vperl | 06. September 2016

Everyone by now knows Tesla Corporate does not put out information.

Any "word" from any Tesla employee is hearsay, something that may have been rumored . Nothing factual from source that can be fact checked . Waiting for Elon tweet or Elon press conference .

Sit back, relax.

Be Happy

vperl | 07. September 2016

Elon, must be on vacation .

pete | 27. September 2016

Heard through grapevine rumors (nothing confirmed) that the seat will fold. I'm waiting...

MXBlack | 30. September 2016

We have the 6 seats configuration. The 2nd row slides and even leans forward to maximize the trunk space with the 3rd row folded down. The middle seat in the 5 seat configuration blocks the view behind the car when looking at the rear view mirror so that is why we decided with the 6 seats which I believe is the same as what Elon has.